What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Trifili13

Juniors

"Redcliffe weren’t required to pay a licence fee because their licensed club guaranteed long-term financial viability."
By that comment then it's not a licence fee but a bank guarantee in case of unforeseen failure and is not to be pissed up the wall by divying it up amongst the existing clubs. Much like a builder provides a client a 5% bank guarantee in case they default on the contract that is then returned to the builder at end of the defect liability period.

Now any proper tender or bid document would then say what the amount required is, not simply saying pay as much as you want. If the NRL wanted a licence fee or a guarantee to be paid then they should have specifically written it in the document that we want X amount, that's what a proper bid document has. Anyone arguing otherwise or saying that the NRL spoke with the consortium and told them verbally so that is enough, simply is being argumentative and has no knowledge how bids/tenders work in the real world.

I also find it hard to believe that the WA consortium paid a management firm to assist with the bid, which if I am correct was the one that assisted the Dolphins with their application, and they didn't insist on the consortium putting in a figure or asking the NRL how much was needed.

I think this has been a right royal f$%k up and both parties are scrambling to blame the other when in fact both have to take a portion of the blame.