What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19-man Kiwi squad named

Revelation 3:20 said:
mmmmmmm....wel well well what have we here

the team pretty much picks its self due to injured players except covell...bro as a kick Inu is better, as a winger well lets not go there. So why in there right mind would the selectors pick him? and Ando i dunno about him either.

this should be the team

1. Inu
2. Tuiaki
3. Matai (if playing)
4. Whatuira
5. Stanley
6. Roberts
7. Smith
8. Asotasi
9. Halatau
10. Rapira
11. Smith
12. Pritchard
13. Mannering

14. Faiumu
15. MoiMoi
16. Lima
17. Anderson

With what we have in the backline there we need Hape in their

Halatau is to light. If he is hooker then we are better off having Fien in there who has a kicking game and a better passing game

MKEB...

Staff member
Sad sad sad kiwi team.

Covell, good god..
Wrong Anderson in there.
Moimoi-No place in my Kiwi team for fence sitters.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
mean_maori_mean said:
But like that covell dropping out - if not might have to cancel my ticket to wellington.

:?

There is quite a few selections I disagree with in there....still rate us a decent chance at home against the Aussies though.

Oh and while we are at lets blame the Warriors for not picking heaps of Kiwis even if some of them don't warrant selection.:crazy:

MKEB... said:
Covell, good god..

While we are at it, let's check and see if Scott Minto has a kiwi great grandparent, that way we can partner Covell with the dynamic Minto at centre - "Left Side!! Strong Side!!"

D

Deleted member 10972

Can't believe Halatau is there over Luke, & Stanley is there over Perrett.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
I dont mind Stanley actually, would love to see him being developed at this level ready for WC. But along side him should of been definately some youngsters, Luke, Te'o, Harrison.

F#%ken Covell, i still cant get over that one.

FFS...selectors are brain dead.

Covell, Anderson, Halatau..pathetic.

What a waste of a good chance to get some better younger talent in there like Luke, Chase, Te'o, Harrison, Perrett etc.

I can't believe this side.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Halatau is to light. If he is hooker then we are better off having Fien in there who has a kicking game and a better passing game

halatau is a ball of muscle - didnt you see the calendar. lol. He can handle to tuff stuff - opening stanza in the game it not about playing expansive doing the basics - he can make some tackles and decent darting runs.

but yes he is a lucky man
- as long as luke is on tour if we had no injuries a la first choice team then he would of been bench hooker.

Covell is the worst selection - tbh i would rather have paddy ah van on the wing.;-)

Kiwis need to worry about choosing the best team instead of worrying about luring aussie based players - like covell. Just b'coz he has aligned himself to kiwis you dont have to pick him.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Blaze said:
mean_maori_mean - have you seen Thomas Leuluai play lately? He is sh*t.

Have you seen smith play recently? oh when he is not playing reserve grade he is also sh*t. Well not sh*t but not any good.
Next year he wont even be able to hold his spot at the rabbitohs - with eddie paea and craig wing vying for the spot.
So at best he will playing 6 - a role he has been pretty much playing anyway.

shinobi

Juniors
Maybe theyre trying to do a karmichael Hunt with Covell and make sure he cant play for Aussie in the future when he becomes a superstar haha.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Fast Eddie said:
:?

There is quite a few selections I disagree with in there....still rate us a decent chance at home against the Aussies though.

Oh and while we are at lets blame the Warriors for not picking heaps of Kiwis even if some of them don't warrant selection.:crazy:

well the only warriors who truly deserves to be in the top 17 is Sam Rapira.

Anderson is in b'coz his size, ability and agression - suit test footy. Obviously not based on form but selectors have given him an opportunity.
And while they might be criticised I think he will play well and It will be Ivan Cleary who will look like a fool.

I hope mannering is viewed as a centre as there are bus loads of kiwi NRL and fringe NRL second-rower with more talent and ability. And especially attacking prowess

Blair, Harrison, Teo, Hauraki, Eastwood, Te Maari . . . .

Feel sorry for pritchard - betcha alot of the creation of opportunies will fall down to him as it has with SBW in the past.

all i know is that we really need to create that kiwi rootz - so guys can battle it out for jersey's.

mean_maori_mean said:
Feel sorry for pritchard - betcha alot of the creation of opportunies will fall down to him as it has with SBW in the past.

I do agree, but it also depends on who they play where.
11. Smith
12. Pritchard
13. Hape

Would take the heat off slightly, but to be honest they lack one additional 2nd rower with some spark. A harrison type would of fitted in well.

Props im happy with, hard to argue with:
8. Asotasi
10. Rapira
15. Lima
16. Moi moi

Hooker - Faiumu I can't complain, Halatau is very borderline.

Halves are, once again, average - and they didn't need to be. Chase would of added something - but this 6 & 7 pairing is going to be very hit or miss :

6. Roberts
7. Smith

Wingers, well it all depends on who they play, Tuiaki is surely one, the looks like being Covell with Stanley missing out. Why they would pick a goal kicking winger, with little flair, when we have Inu to do the duties Ihave no idea. Must be an experience thing

2. Tuiaki
5. Covell

Full back will obviously be Inu, should of been Sam P with Inu replacing Covell on the wing:
1. Inu

Center pairing has alot of options, a lot depends on whether or not matai plays. My guess is that their prefered lineup is :

3. Whatuira
4. Matai

but they also have the options of Hape, Stanley and ..... mannering. I have a feeling if Matai drops out Mannering will slot in which is BS.

All in all a team capable of winning, but not our FORM lineup by any stretch of the imagination.

Latest posts