What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19-man Kiwi squad named

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
Whatuira is no more quiet than mannering - this season he suffered from hamstring problems earlier in the season and then off the field issues - with not being a offered a new contract b'coz tigers were over the cap.

Hometown and going to england could be the last test in plays in New Zealand - I reckon he is one player we dont have to worry about.

Players like him and Anderson and to a lesser extent halatau - will enjoy the situation to shows their club what they have and are going to miss out on .

Totally agree, these guys have been there before and had xperience.
Fats had play a few Kiwis test and won two grand finals, he's a big game player in his home town, lets give this side a go! see how they play.

Matai and Fats!

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
To those who say "This team will kill us" when they look at the Aussie team, should remember, when have we ever had a better team then Aussie on paper.
Thats the best thing about it is that were never meant to beat the aussie (in there eyes)
But when we beat them, its the best!
It takes a good team to beat a Group of good players like the aussie team.
So the kiwis cant aford to miss tackles, or hang back on defence, aussie love spreading the ball wide, They have to play there best, and use there imagination
The Aussies have alot of new combos aswell.
Thats why we watch them play, to see the impossible happen.

Go the Kiwis!

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
1. Inu
2. Hape
3. Whatuira
4. Matai
5. Stanley
6. Covell
7. Roberts
8. Asotasi
9. Faiumu
10. Rapira
11. Smith
12. Pritchard
13. Mannering

14. Halatau
15. Tuiaki
16. Moi Moi
17. Lima

Taniwha

Juniors
I think Covell will be only played against the poms, along with the other debutants Stanley, Chase etc.

1. Inu
2. Hape
3. Whatuira
4. Matai
5. Tuiaki
6. Roberts
7. Smith
8. Rapira
9. Halatau
10. Asotasi
11. Pritchard
12. Smith
13. Mannering

14. Moimoi
15. Lima
16. Anderson
17. Faiumu

Iafeta

Referee
Revelation 3:20 said:
To those who say "This team will kill us" when they look at the Aussie team, should remember, when have we ever had a better team then Aussie on paper.
Thats the best thing about it is that were never meant to beat the aussie (in there eyes)
But when we beat them, its the best!
It takes a good team to beat a Group of good players like the aussie team.
So the kiwis cant aford to miss tackles, or hang back on defence, aussie love spreading the ball wide, They have to play there best, and use there imagination
The Aussies have alot of new combos aswell.
Thats why we watch them play, to see the impossible happen.

Go the Kiwis!

True dat. But you know, over the past 3-4 years, I think New Zealand has opened up some unbelievably potent young players, and I don't think it's impossible to think perhaps we could one day seriously rival them, consistently, if we aren't close to that already. For example, a few years ago if a Stacey Jones went down, we were shot. I think we still offer a chance without Marshall, Williams, the Cayless boys... Yep, Ali's form has been shot to pieces since 2004, but him at his best would still make the Kiwis but he wouldn't be one of the first selected like he was back way back when. I think 3-4 years ago Tony Puletua would still be a starter despite his poor form, not now.

Think of some of the other youngsters who aren't in this squad and you start to realise it can only get better... Setamaita Sa is one I have massive wraps on, Sam Perrett well I'm still shocked he isn't there, Isaac Luke this kid is something else, Rangi Chase he's an incisive and instinctive player, you even look at the young winger at the Dragons Nightingale he's a good solid youngster with a future, even Frazer Anderson at the Sharks he lost form at the tail end of the season but early on himself and Pomeroy were going great out there... may just be me, but I'm highly optimistic about our future and hopefully one day what you posted above isn't how we all feel. Add in Vatuvei's size on the wing, Ropati had an excellent season and the old "New Zealand only has 30-40 genuine players to pick from" starts to change very quickly.

Top post by the way.

Taniwha

Juniors
Through Karl Filiga in there too Iafeta.

Hopefully Matai will play, he will offer the side some intimidation out wide that will be needed to hopefully put a guy like Hodges off his game

He'll be lining up against Falou now, u know, the guy Matai ran all ova in the GF. Hodges pulled out with injury.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
In. Out. In. Out.

I heard on the news that he wants to go on the tour as well but thats where Manly have a problem.

Jesbass

First Grade
Fast Eddie said:
In. Out. In. Out.

I heard on the news that he wants to go on the tour as well but thats where Manly have a problem.

Yeah, the article I saw, (on Fox Sports' website, if memory serves me correctly), he's available for the test in Wellington, but unavailable for the tour.

From SMH

South Sydney co-captain David Kidwell today will be named in a 23-man New Zealand squad for the upcoming tour of Great Britain and France. But for Steve Matai, it includes all of the 19 players chosen for next Sunday's Test against Australia in Wellington.

Kidwell was omitted from the squad to play the Kangaroos as he has played only 26 minutes since injuring his knee at Easter in a domestic accident and will use the October 20 All Golds match against a Northern Union selection to regain some game fitness.

Sydney fullback Sam Perrett, St George Illawarra five-eighth Rangi Chase and Wests forward Ben Te'o are expected to be other NRL players added to the Kiwis squad, which will also include Wigan halfback Thomas Leuluai.

We are truely farked now

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
From SMH

South Sydney co-captain David Kidwell today will be named in a 23-man New Zealand squad for the upcoming tour of Great Britain and France. But for Steve Matai, it includes all of the 19 players chosen for next Sunday's Test against Australia in Wellington.

Kidwell was omitted from the squad to play the Kangaroos as he has played only 26 minutes since injuring his knee at Easter in a domestic accident and will use the October 20 All Golds match against a Northern Union selection to regain some game fitness.

Sydney fullback Sam Perrett, St George Illawarra five-eighth Rangi Chase and Wests forward Ben Te'o are expected to be other NRL players added to the Kiwis squad, which will also include Wigan halfback Thomas Leuluai.

We are truely farked now

and what - my boi thomas is added to the team!!!lol

I've heard souths are shopping around Smith-for next year so its a good thing T.L is playing at leat we know he
'll be playing all next year.

Good to see Chase and Teo - hopefully that includes harrison and blair!!!!

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
F

Sydney fullback Sam Perrett, St George Illawarra five-eighth Rangi Chase and Wests forward Ben Te'o are expected to be other NRL players added to the Kiwis squad

Great success !!!

Looks like Bronson Harrison is going to be unlucky again....

playdaball

Bench
I watched the Wigan - leeds game this morning and Thomas Leuluai looked, as always, very average. IMO ... He offered nothing in attack and lazy defending. His kicking game showed improvement but stilll not up to NRL standard.

Webb looked good but the commentators said that he is going into hospital for an operation and will not be available for the Kiwis -BUMMER!

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Honestly, I feel for Isaac Luke, that kid is all class already.

pretty sure - he has got an injury- being new to first grade its better he gets that out of the way and no doubt needs a big offseason to help him develop.

So it probably for the best - even guys like Teo and Stanley would benefit from a full off season at first grade level to help them develop next year.

Latest posts