What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1921-2003 = 83 seasons and 15 premierships

Willow said:
Why supporters feel they are better informed to pass comment on the identity of Saints is beyond me... but they still keep coming and they still keep grumbling about how unfair it is... and assorted crap like that.

In any case, I've been very reluctant to talk about other clubs because quite frankly, this thread doesnt affect other clubs... it was originally directed at the NRL.

You only have to look at the events of the last few years to realise that the NRL is slowly coming to the realisation that history and tradition is a valuable thing. It marketable for a start... and its quite likely that will be a decisive factor when Saints win their 16th premiership.

Unless the St George club is reformed as a single entity without another club involved then a 16th premiership will never eventuate. It's quite simple, what is it you don't understand exactly? Talk about thick! :lol:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Willow said:
Why supporters feel they are better informed to pass comment on the identity of Saints is beyond me... but they still keep coming and they still keep grumbling about how unfair it is... and assorted crap like that.

In any case, I've been very reluctant to talk about other clubs because quite frankly, this thread doesnt affect other clubs... it was originally directed at the NRL.

You only have to look at the events of the last few years to realise that the NRL is slowly coming to the realisation that history and tradition is a valuable thing. It marketable for a start... and its quite likely that will be a decisive factor when Saints win their 16th premiership.

Unless the St George club is reformed as a single entity without another club involved then a 16th premiership will never eventuate. It's quite simple, what is it you don't understand exactly? Talk about thick! :lol:

One of the few things RC has said which makes sense.

dimitri

First Grade
its quite simple really

st george is officially recognised as part of the history of the dragons and therefore the 15 premierships do also

dimitri said:
its quite simple really

st george is officially recognised as part of the history of the dragons and therefore the 15 premierships do also

The 15 premierships were won by St George not by St George Illawarra! Do you understand yet? :roll:

drake

First Grade
What I wonder about is why Cock supporters are so obsessive about this entire thing. Is there some kind of penis envy because St George acheived more in less time?
I can understand the premiership bereft Sharks supporters, bagging us is an institution, but the Chooks? They foam at the mouth about this issue, and I don't know why. I thought being able to buy top notch players without officially paying them their market value would be enough, but they want to destroy our connection to our history in an effort to improve their own history. What next, saying because the bunnies were booted their premiership count doesn't matter?
Seriously, don't you enough enough potential poaches to discuss on your own forum? Or aren't the roosters interesting enough to discuss. Most likely the forum posting Roosters fans feel the same way about each other as everyone else does: contempt and disgust.

taxidriver

Coach
Thanks for the concern RC, yeah things are a bit tough at the moment. Work is incredibly hectic, I've got a prick of a hangover and I'm broke till pay day........still look on the bright side, at least I'm not a Rooters supporter :lol: :lol:

taxidriver said:
Thanks for the concern RC, yeah things are a bit tough at the moment. Work is incredibly hectic, I've got a prick of a hangover and I'm broke till pay day........still look on the bright side, at least I'm not a Rooters supporter :lol: :lol:

Yes It's terrible being a Roosters supporter. Making the semis every year, basking in glory. It's a tough life but someone's got to do it. :lol:

taxidriver

Coach
"Yes It's terrible being a Roosters supporter. Making the semis every year, basking in glory. It's a tough life but someone's got to do it."

1 grand final win in 27/28 years equates to basking in glory ??

Gee your easy to please but I'm glad to see you're happy.

dimitri

First Grade
yes it will be 16 in the record books as the dragons have officially made st georges past 15 premierships as part of the history of our club

which is only common sense really

something which rooster supporters have little of

dimitri said:
yes it will be 16 in the record books as the dragons have officially made st georges past 15 premierships as part of the history of our club

Stop beating your head against that brick wall. Some advice for you, Have a look at the official yearbook when it comes out. You'll find St George in the dead club's section. You can read about the 15 wins in there. :lol:

dannyboy

Juniors
Question: If StGeorge-Illawarra are allowed to recognise the combined glories of both clubs does that mean the Tigers can too - giving them 15 premierships & 17 runners up awards?

dimitri

First Grade
yes

as wests and balmain are both a part of the history of the wests tgers

although im not sure if the club has officially recognised this like the dragons have done

Anonymous

Juniors
I remember reading the history of Brothers and Valleys when they formed their joint venture and they definitely saw it as combined thing.

Anonymous

Juniors
dannyboy said:
Question: If StGeorge-Illawarra are allowed to recognise the combined glories of both clubs does that mean the Tigers can too - giving them 15 premierships & 17 runners up awards?
IMO, thats their choice and I wouldnt be annoying them for wanting that.

With Saints its obvious that one part of the the JV has a dominant history which is difficult to ignore... as hard as some may try.

Anonymous

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
dimitri said:

Stop beating your head against that brick wall. Some advice for you, Have a look at the official yearbook when it comes out. You'll find St George in the dead club's section. You can read about the 15 wins in there. :lol:

David Middleton's version of events are not the be and end all.
We were also told that we could never play out of Kogarah again but people didnt take that on face value either.

In time, you'll see things change to and we will have one continous history... offcourse by that stage, we'll have to search you out to get a response...

RC... you really are have missed the point havent you?
Weren't you the forrummer who said the best team of 2003 was the Roosters but then disappeared when it was pointed out that the Panthers also won the Minor Premiership?
Also, didnt you say something about Barrett signing with Roosters last month? What's happening with that 'inside knowledege'? :lol:

Willow said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
dimitri said:

David Middleton's version of events are not the be and end all.
We were also told that we could never play out of Kogarah again but people didnt take that on face value either.

In time, you'll see things change to and we will have one continous history... offcourse by that stage, we'll have to search you out to get a response...

RC... you really are have missed the point havent you?
Weren't you the forrummer who said the best team of 2003 was the Roosters but then disappeared when it was pointed out that the Panthers also won the Minor Premiership?
Also, didnt you say something about Barrett signing with Roosters last month? What's happening with that 'inside knowledege'? :lol:

The Official yearbook is sanctioned by the governing body which is the NRL, that's why it's termed the OFFICIAL year book! so yes it is the be all and end all. BTW I never said anything about Barrett signing with the Roosters! ;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
The Official yearbook is sanctioned by the governing body which is the NRL, that's why it's termed the OFFICIAL year book! so yes it is the be all and end all. BTW I never said anything about Barrett signing with the Roosters! ;-)
So what?
They also said that Kogarah didnt meet the NRL criteria. Personnel changed and so did the criteria.
Has the penny dropped yet RC?

You reckoned Barrett was in talking to the Roosters at Easts Leagues. Or did you make that up? My guess is that you make a lot of stuff up.

You did say that the Roosters were the best team of 2003. A tad a embarrassed by that outburst of poor sportmanship are you?

Anonymous

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
And what makes you think that won't happen? Its quite extraordinary that you quite grasped the simplest of notions yet. St George and Illawarra have had a close relationship for over half a century. The formalising of this was is a reiunification of the common history.

Its like saying the premiership is a sham becuase the NSWRL don't control it anymore. The NRL was a reunificaion of the League and a culimination of NSWRL, RL and Super League.

Latest posts