What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia vs. West Indies at Perth 1st Feb, 2013

undertaker

Coach
So much for Shane Warne making all these lengthy proposals, only for him to then start spruiking his old mates. Like Michael Beer, Maxwell is yet another one who has suddenly jumped the queue into the national side off the back of Warne's support in the media.

JW

Coach
Honestly, good on him for finally surpassing Bobby's 9, but this was a classic hit and hope innings. All the boundaries connected with swings and misses. No footwork and no real clue. Fine for 20/20, but when this kind of shit gets blokes a baggy green, I begin to worry.

Good win BTW, and great bowling Starcy.

undertaker

Coach
Honestly, good on him for finally surpassing Bobby's 9, but this was a classic hit and hope innings. All the boundaries connected with swings and misses. No footwork and no real clue. Fine for 20/20, but when this kind of shit gets blokes a baggy green, I begin to worry.

Good win BTW, and great bowling Starcy.

Mark my words: Maxwell will definitely get a run in the test side during the tour of India, and most likely, at the expense of someone like Khawaja who has proven his worth in Sheffield Shield - the form of the game which was considered the nursery of Australian test cricket during the '90s and one of the reasons why we became #1 in the world.

However, the current CA administration seem to think that T20 and ODI form, techniques and strategies equates to success in the test arena. Only in Australia do you get a scenario where a spin bowler who has only taken 2 wickets @ 80 in this season's Shield cricket gets a run in the test squad over the only spin bowler in Sheffield Shield who averages under 30 with the ball.

I feel that Steve O'Keefe's only chance of ever playing test cricket is to change his citizenship to another country. I'm sure a side like the Kiwis would die to have a spin bowler like him in their side, especially on their pitches in New Zealand which are favourable for spinners.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
I am predicting Australia's fifth bowling option to hurt them, West Indies to make 270+ with Pollard/Dw Bravo/Sammy going to town with Maxwell and friends.

Australia to fall short leaving too much for the tail.

Fail.

undertaker

Coach
From the looks of things, it seems like there will NOT be another game played today. Time to watch those highlights from the WACA in '97

Squeezer

Juniors
Easy victory. Sammy had no idea of the conditions when he won the toss. No wonder really, seeing as they had been shipped about the country in a matter of days. Doesn't excuse their woeful performance though.

I really despair about having to now put up with that f**kwit Maxwell being in the team for an extended run after that innings. The worst thing is, the tard showed no shape whatsoever, just swung the bat wildly. The law of averages dictates that he was going to hit the ball sooner or later. Now watch him stay in the team for the next year, on the back of this performance. I hope he gets the runs in India and shits himself while attempting to bat.

Ugh.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Way to make people spend money to go to the cricket....there SHOULD be an exhibition T20 game on.

JW

Coach
Mark my words: Maxwell will definitely get a run in the test side during the tour of India, and most likely, at the expense of someone like Khawaja who has proven his worth in Sheffield Shield - the form of the game which was considered the nursery of Australian test cricket during the '90s and one of the reasons why we became #1 in the world.

However, the current CA administration seem to think that T20 and ODI form, techniques and strategies equates to success in the test arena. Only in Australia do you get a scenario where a spin bowler who has only taken 2 wickets @ 80 in this season's Shield cricket gets a run in the test squad over the only spin bowler in Sheffield Shield who averages under 30 with the ball.

I feel that Steve O'Keefe's only chance of ever playing test cricket is to change his citizenship to another country. I'm sure a side like the Kiwis would die to have a spin bowler like him in their side, especially on their pitches in New Zealand which are favourable for spinners.

Amen bro.

Makes me sick to see the way a few clueless idiots are f**king up what was once one of the better cricket systems in the world.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well that was one of the worst one day games of all times. No wonder cricket is struggling to attract people to the game.

Latest posts