What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Qualifying final: Newcastle vs Manly *SPOILERS*

Cletus

First Grade
6. when players get involved in incidents that doesnt concern them they always get sent... called 3rd man in.

He lent over and belted Buderas after his teammate was spear tackled. You make it sound as if he's run sixty metres and stomped on someones head! I just can't believe Buderas stayed on the field.

lockyno1

Post Whore
scottyj said:
And that kick..you had to bee there to witness the wind..it was swirling like a bitch

Seemed to strike the other kicks fine! Orford is the choker of all chokers! Melbourne are so happy they have got rid of that gimp!:lol:

Gene Krupa

Referee
Onan the barbarian said:
He lent over and belted Buderas after his teammate was spear tackled. You make it sound as if he's run sixty metres and stomped on someones head! I just can't believe Buderas stayed on the field.

I'm not condoning it but......... :sarcasm:

Gene Krupa

Referee
Snoz said:
what i witnessed was manly get frustrated from the most one-sided ref decisions i have ever seen and they pushed bad passes and gave away more dumb penalties.

all steaming from a ref who thought he was a knights player tonight

bad decisions off top of my head

1. mattai for late tackle on johns
2. mattai not long after
3. strip on kennedy
4. orford taken out after kick
5. stewart called for knock-on
6. bk sin binned but buderus commits are far worse foul
7. burns penalty for suppose grapple - what he did happens nearly every 2nd tackle in the nrl.

all these gifted knights possession - at the end manly ran out of steam.

You are laughable!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:

bk had to be binned, bumstead had to be consistent with binning carmont

Y2Eel

First Grade
Timmah said:
Sensational try, how he knew what Robertson was up to I'll never know. Best reflexes I've seen in a long time.

I dont think he knew he was going to do it was just running in support...

Cletus

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
bk had to be binned, bumstead had to be consistent with binning carmont

If he wanted to be consistent then he would have binned Buderus. Two players were sent off with the Carmont incedent.

Mr Saab

Referee
Onan the barbarian said:
If he wanted to be consistent then he would have binned Buderus. Two players were sent off with the Carmont incedent.

Binned buderus for what? The spear tackle?
Do you know the rules? You cannot be binned for a spear tackle or other illegal play...only professional fouls or fighting.

Ice777

Bench
brooksy19 said:
Great Game

Poor Ref

Manly Unlucky

Buderus In Trouble

Kurt Gidley > Andrew Johns (Tonight)

Mullen = Star

You forgot one. Orford choked in a final....................again :lol:

I told the Manly supporters it was going to happen, they never listened so i told them again and again and they called me every name under the sun. I said all along i'm glad he won't be in Storm colours this finals campaign and last night not only made me feel vindicated saying that, i'm even more happier now he's in Manly colours now than i've ever been :D

Cletus

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Binned buderus for what? The spear tackle?
Do you know the rules? You cannot be binned for a spear tackle or other illegal play...only professional fouls or fighting.

So why didn't he send him off? If punching a guy is worth a binning, why don't you get sent off for a spear tackle that will probably put Buderus out for ten weeks. There were only five minutes left anyway, what's the f**king difference?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:
So why didn't he send him off? If punching a guy is worth a binning, why don't you get sent off for a spear tackle that will probably put Buderus out for ten weeks. There were only five minutes left anyway, what's the f**king difference?

when was the last time someone was sent off for a spear tackle?

Mr Saab

Referee
That i cant answer Onan....it is up to the referee and his interpretation of the incident with regards to a player being sent off.
I know there was only 5 mins left, but a send off is still a big thing in league.
Interestingly though, when it happened, Bumpstead said to Harrigan (video ref) that "I am thinking send off". Harrigan talked him out of that decision and placed it on report.

Cletus

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
when was the last time someone was sent off for a spear tackle?

Didn't Crocker get sent off? If he didn't get sent off he should have been.
People can get stuck in wheelchairs for the rest of their live from spear tackles.

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:
You forgot one. Orford choked in a final....................again :lol:

I told the Manly supporters it was going to happen, they never listened so i told them again and again and they called me every name under the sun. I said all along i'm glad he won't be in Storm colours this finals campaign and last night not only made me feel vindicated saying that, i'm even more happier now he's in Manly colours now than i've ever been :D

The Manly team lost last night. Just like the Melbourne team lost last year.

It is a team sport.

What if Manly go onto win the GF. Your little outburst is going to look pretty stupid. I'm not claiming they will win, but if they do I can bet that you will not say it was Orford that won it for them, the same way as you are saying he lost the game.

And yes, I know that you have been saying it ever since he left Melbourne and not a minute before it.

Cletus

First Grade
Interestingly though, when it happened, Bumpstead said to Harrigan (video ref) that "I am thinking send off". Harrigan talked him out of that decision and placed it on report.

Yeah I read about that. Just a hypothetical, but do you reckon the video ref may have said "send off" if he knew Kennedy was going to be binned?

Y2Eel

First Grade
CharlieF said:
The Manly team lost last night. Just like the Melbourne team lost last year.

It is a team sport.

What if Manly go onto win the GF. Your little outburst is going to look pretty stupid. I'm not claiming they will win, but if they do I can bet that you will not say it was Orford that won it for them, the same way as you are saying he lost the game.

And yes, I know that you have been saying it ever since he left Melbourne and not a minute before it.
god i hope manly win:lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:
Didn't Crocker get sent off? If he didn't get sent off he should have been.
People can get stuck in wheelchairs for the rest of their live from spear tackles.

refs should be able to sin bin players for stuff like that i believe high shots and spear tackles if not bad enough to be sent and are pretty bad bin them...

Mr Saab

Referee
Onan the barbarian said:
Yeah I read about that. Just a hypothetical, but do you reckon the video ref may have said "send off" if he knew Kennedy was going to be binned?

I dont believe so.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:

he wouldnt have sent him off if he knew bumstead was going to bin kennedy..