What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Dec 17-21 2020

TheParraboy

Staff member
Begins this Thursday 3pm :sunglasses:

Reckon they will go Labuschagne and Harris to open

Erry feeling they will draft in SMarsh at No3

Got tickets for day 2 in the riverbank stand right behind the bowlers arm. Can’t wait.

As for the the team, I now hope they leave Lab at 3, Smith 4 etc.. Harris and Wade maybe open. Or otherwise Marsh with Harris ... whoever opens with Harris is highly likely to be replaced as soon as Warner is well again, so Marsh could be a great option.

Anyway test match cricket is back this week in Australia. Love it.

Valheru

Coach
Can't wait for this, should be a cracking series.

I would rather leave lab and smith where they are. Harris to open with Green if he is fit.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well if Harris and anyone except Labs open we'll be 2/f**k all very quickly.

And unsure how Labs would handle it too. Rather him at three and Smith at four to rebuild after the shithouse openers inevitably fail.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Harris and Labs to open everyone else moves up 1 spot with Green at 6.

He's got to be blooded rather than bring back some of those other turnips.

JJ

Immortal
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...but-if-he-passes-concussion-protocols-1243878

Hope Green is ok, looking forward to seeing him play...

When pressed on whether Wade could adapt to opening the batting, something he has never done in first-class cricket but has in the limited-overs game, Langer said: "He could…he could handle anywhere, he's mentally tough, physically tough, he's got good footwork, he can counterattack like David Warner. We've just got to work out what the best make-up of our team is going to be."

he mentally tough, physically tough, he's got... reminds me of the theme to Atom Ant...

Yeah, I vividly recall the counter attack on Wagner - took three tests but he worked out he had a bat

Good to see Langer backing Burns and Wade to the hilt...it's the sort of man-lub we see here with Gavin Larsen and Tom Blundell... and it can work if the planets align

Smooth Criminal..

Dore.gif

TheParraboy

Staff member
Green wont play IMO

Got hit in the temple only a few days ago

In this day and age (regards to head knocks) doubt he plays

On top of that, its a day / night pink ball test. Play him in the other 3 tests of the summer on batting decks

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
oh no

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...s/news-story/657b21405d655852d41e2f1c6b7d031c

Steve Smith lasted just 10 minutes into Australia’s Tuesday training hit-out in a major concern ahead of Thursday’s opening Test against India.
Smith this afternoon completed team stretching and warm-up drills on the Adelaide Oval but departed after about 10 minutes in some discomfort, with video also showing him shaking his left arm.

Australian team officials downplayed the concerns, saying Smith tweaked his lower back when bending over to pick up a ball and that he was receiving a rub-down in the sheds while his teammates hit the nets.

Steve Smith was a notable absentee during Australia’s warm up. Walked out later and then left with the physio #AusvIND pic.twitter.com/09LynJ9rGD

If Green plays I’d have money on Wade opening. There’s absolutely no way you can play Burns, he shouldn’t even be in the squad. Confidence is shot.