What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Gabba, Nov 21-25 2019

Bazal

Post Whore
Running 4, was common 20 years ago, you rarely see it much these days. Shows what can happen when you have proper boundaries that haven't been shortened by 10-20 metres.

Also shows what happens when teams actually put effort into fielding as a discipline tbh.

Say what you like about modern vs classic cricketers but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone from earlier than the Nineties with the arm modern outfielders have on them

JJ

Immortal
FMD Warner is such a flog

Pakistan are so f**ked, the batting savant is itching to have a bat

undertaker

Coach
Those half time interviews in the NRL irritate me. Just wait until the end of the game ffs.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Mate had a grand on Burns to score a hundred.

Lol

That a grand straight down the throat of the TAB.

Say what you like about modern vs classic cricketers but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone from earlier than the Nineties with the arm modern outfielders have on them

The only player pre-'90s who had the arm of modern outfielders at international level (i.e. the ability to bullet them and throw long distance) is Dean Jones. He could peg them 80+ metres from the long square boundaries at the old WACA (back before ropes were introduced there in the mid '90s and then the ground was shortened further in 2002 after the AFL franchises permanently relocated to Subiaco Oval)
Lyon would love to come out right now and be the night watchmen. He'd fancy his chances of getting a test hundred.

Lyon's batting is very underrated. Should be batting higher than #10, maybe used as an occasional pinch hitter.

undertaker

Coach
72 run lead with 9 wicket in hand.

Anything less than a 300 run lead would be disappointing and another capitulation of our middle order.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wonder if we are 300+ ahead after tea day 3 we look to declare?

or bat on till about lunch day 4, try get 450-500 ahead?

Last edited:

Latest posts