What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan @ Optus Stadium Perth, Dec 14-18 2023

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd have Renshaw too but as I said on the other thread I think he's lost it mentally.

Bancroft is always a chance if he's scoring runs but he's also not fixed any of his regular ways of getting out.

Personally I would have liked to have seen a bolter this summer with quite weak opposition. Give someone two home summers to show what they've got. Bugger Davey off to the shitters with Candace

King-Gutho94

Coach
Those numbers are skewed for the Bison.

Marsh has only played 3 tests since 2019 and that was in the recent ashes series where he scored 250 runs @ 50 including a 100 at Leeds.

Cam Green is the future but making him fight and scrap his way back into might not be a bad thing.

He was a teenage prodigy and just naturally progressed through the ranks without any struggle or tribulation.

Steve Smith got dumped and went back for 12-18 months and fixed his technique. Came back an okay player.

Its not the end of world if Greeny doesnt play a test for 12 months.

Sometimes having them in the furnace of the test side for too long does more damage.

Bazal

Post Whore
A test average of 27 is not what you want from a #6...

Surely you go with the promising youngster? Or just pick a bat and have the additional overs from Head?

Yeah I'd pick form. McSweeney from SA is killing it. And also has some handy offies.

Give Green a season in Shield to grow his game.

And hey if the bolter pays off, maybe Head to open on home surfaces or India etc and you've got a ready made replacement in the middle. Still need an opener in England or NZ/SA but that's fine

Reactions: JJ

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A test average of 27 is not what you want from a #6...

Surely you go with the promising youngster? Or just pick a bat and have the additional overs from Head?

I tend to agree, Bison made his runs ages ago so no real test form other than one decent game so he's pretty inconsistent and getting on.

I'd pick Green, as sending him back to sheild cricket means he plays f**k all games as the big wank takes up a lot of our summer and he's a better bowler that MMarsh.

If we don't go with an all rounder, I like McSweeney, as Bazal has pointed out, he's in some decent form.

Waste of time debating it as our selectors have already decided the team (squad) for the first test.

Reactions: JJ

TheParraboy

Staff member

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
rebranding it isn't going to bring a bigger crowd, but carry on

King-Gutho94

Coach
Btw i got the tickets for Pink day with a group of mates at the SCG.

But i noticed in one section there they were selling tickets for Pakistan fan supporter bay but it was a dry section. Is that just an assumption the pakistani's dont drink or have they requested no drinking in that section.

King-Gutho94

Coach
@TheParraboy please change thread title to The West Test 🫡

The west test is the best test.
SCG will always be the best test.

Its the only test match that you go too where you get pissing down rain, 40 degree heat and get the groundsman actually working by taking covers on and off 20 times a day.

Haffa

I'd pick Green, as sending him back to sheild cricket means he plays f**k all games as the big wank takes up a lot of our summer and he's a better bowler that MMarsh.
Agree with this it's a waste sending him to play shield. Next Fixtures aren't until February and he will play 2 out of the 4 remaining games then head to the IPL. It makes sense if this was late 90's early 00's shield, but dropping him from the team is only going to see him play BBL.

Latest posts