What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v South Africa at Perth on Nov 3-7, 2016

Canard

Immortal
Without Steyn, I'd back the Taylor/Waugh era sides to chase this total(Whatever it may end up being).

No chance with the current batting lineup.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol, another dropped catch from this rabble of a side. We may very well lose 6-0 this summer, even with the rocks and diamonds Pakistanis here.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol, another dropped catch from this rabble of a side. We may very well lose 6-0 this summer, even with the rocks and diamonds Pakistanis here.
In fairness I'd say Haze was going over the rope anyway, but he should have at least got the ball back in.

Siddle is deadset giving them throw downs

TheParraboy

Staff member
They aint gonna declare till after lunch

which Warne would shut up, it wont take 5 1/2 sessions to bowl us out, steyn or no steyn

Red Bear

Referee
Mitch Marsh shows what a luxury Gilchrist and Warne were. Gilly because with him coming in at 7 there was a lot less pressure on the top 6. Warne because with him bowling a heap of overs we could just rotate the three quicks. I think we probably need a fifth bowler in this side (particularly when two underdone quicks in Starc and Siddle are both chosen) but that has weakened our batting significantly.

Need Nevill to score some runs at some point also. He's been a quality shield bat, coming in at 5/6 and batting very well with the tail. But he's not done a huge amount with the bat at test level and at some point his spot will be highlighted.

Our chances of winning are bsically gone at this point I think, it would be hugely positive if we just batted out the game though. Can't remember the last time we have actually batted a day and a half to survive a test match.

Canard

Immortal
They aint gonna declare till after lunch

which Warne would shut up, it wont take 5 1/2 sessions to bowl us out, steyn or no steyn

Agreed. They would be mad to declare any earlier.

It's not like we are capable of padding off for more than half a day anymore.

Suddenly KP is a South African supporter.

f**king Doos.

Bazal

Post Whore
Nathan Lyon is possibly the most one dimensional, unthreatening spinner I've ever seen. He has one delivery, he couldn't turn a doorknob and never looks like he's worrying the batsman unless it's an absolute minefield. Ravi Jadeja is deadset more dangerous.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, I like Lyon but it's time to move to O'Keefe. Especially since runs down the order are now apparently a priority.

Red Bear

Referee
Lyon should've been bowling more yesterday morning when Duminy was doing it easy, given his weakness against spin. Horse had bolted by lunch yesterday.

The Shield has two absolute passenger teams at this point in Qld and Tasmania which does not bode well for the rest of the summer in terms of being able to judge first class performances.

Canard

Immortal
Would you pick a spinner( regardless of who) at the WACA though??

Unless they were a genuine all rounder I feel it's a waste.

Latest posts