What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: England v India at Birmingham Aug 1-5, 2018

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd like to know why Malan is in the slips in the first place. You've got Buttler in the team who surely would be a better option than him. Plus Root as well.

Stat on Cook: in 39 chances that have gone to him in the last 2 years he's caught 28, dropped 11, that is, he only catches 72% of chances.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.espn.com.au/cricket/story/_/id/24266514/how-england-slips-slips-let-pressure-india-drop?platform=amp

I think Buttler hurt a finger grassing a tough one earlier on in the innings... They mentioned it in commentary at one point that it wasn't broken but would still be a problem for the second innings or something

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kinda hoping India win the series.

Of course we then (unlikely) belt them on our summer.

Before we find another way to lose the ashes over there.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I would back India given England's recent troubles of wrapping up tail enders.
They might grab a wicket or 2 early but I think Kohli probably sees them home or close enough to it.

Eelectrica

Referee
Looks like England might win this afterall with Stokes picking up Kholi.
India still needing 56 with 8 down.
India a one man batting team with Kholi.

Billy Slater for MOTM or perhaps Curran if they're feeling generous.

Bazal

Post Whore
Unless there's a miracle assault from Pandya England have pulled this one out of the fire.

1 in hand, 36 to win

undertaker

Coach
OT, why do England get to play 5 tests vs India but Australia only 4? Would love to see a 5 test Australia vs India series, which hasn't occurred since 1991/92.

jargan83

Coach
OT, why do England get to play 5 tests vs India but Australia only 4? Would love to see a 5 test Australia vs India series, which hasn't occurred since 1991/92.

I assume because BCCi and CA would rather play a pointless 17 match ODI series?

TheParraboy

Staff member

good point

Might have something to do with indias scheduling more than anything else
Didn't they cut a 4 test series to 3 vs south Africa last festive season cause they wanted (preferred) to play SL in more ODI's? .
With the 5 tests v poms they probably had a window to play 5 tests plus the other formats

Whatever suits India it appears

TheParraboy

Staff member
Curran man of the match?

Sure he had one good spell took 3 wickets (only 5 for the match) Sharma took more

Would have given it to Kholi