What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: England v New Zealand @ Lords Jun 2-6, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
3 test series here commences Thursday (I did say 3)

Kick off 8pm

Kiwis got slaughtered by 7 wkts in a warm up match agasint FC counties XI

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think the new pommie coach may have an insight into the Kiwi's game

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Starts tonight.

One of the great top orders for England with Lees, Crawley and Pope 21, 28 and 28 respectively.

Some guy called Potsy is their new pace bowler and will bat at 8 making it the longest tail in history. He joins 67 year old Anderson and 64 year old Broad. The great Jack Leach rounds out a stellar attack.

Kiwis by an innings and 4.050 runs.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Nice guys won the toss and elected to bat

England:
1 Alex Lees, 2 Zak Crawley, 3 Ollie Pope, 4 Joe Root, 5 Jonny Bairstow, 6 Ben Stokes (capt), 7 Ben Foakes (wk), 8 Matthew Potts, 9 Jack Leach, 10 Stuart Broad, 11 James Anderson.

New Zealand:
1 Tom Latham, 2 Will Young, 3 Kane Williamson (capt), 4 Devon Conway, 5 Daryl Mitchell, 6 Tom Blundell (wk), 7 Colin de Grandhomme, 8 Kyle Jamieson, 9 Tim Southee, 10 Ajaz Patel, 11 Trent Boult.

edabomb

First Grade
Latham might make it to 100 tests with one hundred vs the big three and SA. It's in play. Hopeless against quality fast bowling.

Bazal

Post Whore
NZ are being very gentlemanly in letting England win at home in front of all their mates

Bazal

Post Whore
Well left son...

The best part was he pulled the bat away late...like, after he saw the ball come back?

JJ

Immortal
Terrible batting, guess no preparation is an excuse of sorts

even at the end of the day, though, surely we can’t be that awful again?

Bazal

Post Whore
Gotta say, from what I watched last night it didn't seem like it should be a 17 wicket day. But here we are.

I mean it obviously wasn't easy with the stick but it looked like two very skinny batting lineups more than a demonic deck