What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v South Africa @ Christchurch Feb 17-21, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
Test cricket in a couple of days time

The great Kane will miss the two test series, but hopeful of being bang on for the IPL

Cam Fletcher and Blair Tickner have earned their maiden Test call-ups, while Colin de Grandhomme and Hamish Rutherford have been recalled for New Zealand's upcoming first Test against South Africa in Christchurch.

"Cam has been excellent across the three formats for Canterbury over the past couple of seasons, producing consistent and often match-winning performances for his team," New Zealand head coach Gary Stead said. "Blair's been a consistent performer in the Plunket Shield over the past few seasons, and we felt his pace, bounce and aggression covered our bases should we lose a pace bowler to injury.

"It's pleasing to see Colin back in the Test side, having proved such an influential member before his foot injury last season. His form of late shows he's clearly benefited from simply getting back on the park consistently, and it's great to have his allround skills and experience to call on. It's a really exciting time for Hamish to be back in the Blackcaps after a long time away, and I know he's absolutely buzzing at the opportunity ahead."

JJ

Immortal
I always thought there was a decent test bowler in Henry somewhere.
he started off in red ball cricket at first class level terrifically - his first class average is 24 - initially it seemed he would struggle with the white ball...

He's actually pretty good, I think partly it's never getting a regular go, but lately when someone's been out he's been good, MoM in England in what was probably his last test?

Meth

Staff member
7-23
a great day for Henry.

SA do look like a bowling unit though

JJ

Immortal
Rabada is such quality, Stuurman looks useful (just had Latham dropped off a sitter)

Looking forward to seeing Jansen esepcially, and Oliver