What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: South Africa v Australia at Durban March 1-5, 2018 - AUSTRALIA WON

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Time for sledging to be banned. What good does it do? It’s a crock. There are plenty of ways to create pressure and intimidation without resorting to verbal cheap shots.

I would love to see the Aussies come out and say they’re going to rise above it and not do it anymore. Will never happen though sadly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I didn't have a massive problem with what Lyon did, bit cheeky but not much in it.

But Warner being the VC should be and needs to be better. He's meant to be the teams self made enforcer yet he blows up deluxe by the some baby faced little merkin who looks like he barely has to shave.

blaza88z

Coach
Thought M. Marsh was outstanding this test, his 96 in the first innings was monumental in giving us a healthy lead in the first innings and then he got the wicket which broke their back before Starc rolled in and cleaned up the tail, a top class all-round performance

Bazal

Post Whore
You'll never eradicate sledging, nor should you. There's nothing wrong with a bit of wordplay, the problems normally come when someone crosses a line and the target reacts in kind.

It has to be up to the players to act in a reasonable manner or the umpires to step in when they can't behave. And that includes not reacting to things that do cross the line. There are always going to be players like Warner and Kohli who get a bit too aggro for whatever reason, let them look like dickheads rather than letting them drag you down to their level. They probably deserve to cop it back, but all that does is egg them on anyway.

Pig Hunter

Juniors
Time for sledging to be banned. What good does it do? It’s a crock. There are plenty of ways to create pressure and intimidation without resorting to verbal cheap shots.

I would love to see the Aussies come out and say they’re going to rise above it and not do it anymore. Will never happen though sadly.
Do you mean. De Kock?

blaza88z

Coach
I don't mind the sledge but I prefer to see it between batsman and bowler, it's just too easy to stand at point all day and chirp barbs as your bowlers do all the work

Pig Hunter

Juniors

f**k off dude...they all sledge, can’t take the heat.....

Pig Hunter

Juniors
Thought M. Marsh was outstanding this test, his 96 in the first innings was monumental in giving us a healthy lead in the first innings and then he got the wicket which broke their back before Starc rolled in and cleaned up the tail, a top class all-round performance
He has big levers

JJ

Immortal
I didn't have a massive problem with what Lyon did, bit cheeky but not much in it.

But Warner being the VC should be and needs to be better. He's meant to be the teams self made enforcer yet he blows up deluxe by the some baby faced little merkin who looks like he barely has to shave.
Watching the Lyon thing, I thought it was really poor - everyone learns in junior cricket that the ball goes to the umpire, to deliberately do something like that was needless - but it's dealt with

In the best traditions of Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne, Davey shows how the big men dish it out but can't handle it when it comes back - he has an extreme case of little man's disease, and it's flat out embarrassing

You bastards are putting together a good run of test form though - but this will be a competitive series I think

JJ

Immortal
And look at Quentin - he's so sweet and innocent, and a top athlete - how could Candy not love him... He wouldn't have said anything derogatory about her, he's far to sweet - he probably said something rather lovely about her, a compliment about her generous and giving nature perhaps

Coaster

Bench
Serious question?
Do you think Aussies actually play better when going out full blown sledging?
The series in India I felt we were all over them. Started this rubbish and lost it.
This game we were all over them and then in the first innings started on DeVillars and felt like the game almost changed.
Second innings we did the same at the run out.
When your all over a team like this. You should just continue flogging them and let them mentally disintegrate themselves.
As soon as you start belittling them you almost bring them back into the game. And give them something else to play for.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone feels they want to criticise Candice Warner then you are no better than de Kock. League Unlimited does not support the denigration of women in any way.

Any such posts will be, or have been removed.

Bazal

Post Whore
And look at Quentin - he's so sweet and innocent, and a top athlete - how could Candy not love him... He wouldn't have said anything derogatory about her, he's far to sweet - he probably said something rather lovely about her, a compliment about her generous and giving nature perhaps

He rivals Adam Zampa for the severity of his Cadel Evans Syndrome tbh

Reactions: JJ

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Beware the devil, he may hurt you with WORDS, pussies

devil.jpg

Latest posts