What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: South Africa v Australia at Durban March 1-5, 2018 - AUSTRALIA WON

jargan83

Coach
I've never understood blokes like this - what good does he possibly think is going to come from it?

I used to play with a bloke like this. One day he got out LB and didn't like it - I was the non striker and it was smashing middle and off halfway up - and started carrying on at the umpire, calling him f**king this and f**king that. We had to lock him in his car until he calmed down. Then he couldn't understand why he was suspended for two weeks by the association.

Davey will come out and say he says what he believes and the injustice of it all if/when he cops a fine or suspension.

I’ve played with a few blokes like this but one stands out. I was at the non-strikers end and he was given out caught behind, he hit the cover off it but claimed he hadn’t. Gave the umpire a spray as he walked off, carried on like a pork chop off of the field before putting his bat through his cars rear windscreen.

I hope they smack Davey Oled with a suspension, if it costs us a Test in the series he can reflect on that being the Vice Captain. You would think that would teach him a lesson but I doubt it.

Timbo

Staff member
I hope you gave him a gobfull as you were down the other end (the batsman not the umpire)

when your own team mate gives you a reality check usually your eating humble pie

I was the skipper, so I was trying to get him off the field and trying to apologise to the ump as we still had to bowl and I didn't want him in a mood when my guys started hitting the pads.

My vice-captain - who honestly could've been a jockey - had the thankless task of dragging this 6 foot 1 guy away from the boundary to the car park.

Pretty certain we lost that one.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Davey has some serious issues.

Quite often the loudest and most abrasive guy in the room is actually the weakest and most fearful.

So he comes across to me as someone who's constantly trying to prove something to himself. No idea what or why because I'm an adult so can't get into the mind of an overgrown child.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Go Warner, f**k the saffas.

You bunch of soft merkins

Root knows.

Buy a vagina you PC a holes.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah they should play chess, not face 140ks killers.

Soft as, go Dave, give it them.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I was the skipper, so I was trying to get him off the field and trying to apologise to the ump as we still had to bowl and I didn't want him in a mood when my guys started hitting the pads.

My vice-captain - who honestly could've been a jockey - had the thankless task of dragging this 6 foot 1 guy away from the boundary to the car park.

Pretty certain we lost that one.
I had a bloke get into fisticuffs with the ref in a touch game.

From what I remember the ref was suspended for a couple of games and the bloke on my team copped a couple of seasons ban.

Bazal

Post Whore
Normally I've got no issues with Warner, takes all types to play cricket and he's harmless. Just a yappy bloke with small man syndrome...like an anthropomorphic chihuahua.

But the send-off/apish screeching at Markram and the shit with QDK is crossing the line into Kohli territory. I hate nothing more than an unprovoked send-off

All that being said, surely that footage leaking is a bigger issue than the incident itself. Gross invasion of the players space IMO

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I bought an OLED thinking it might improve my batting but I seem to get out for between 20 and 30 all the time.
Pretty sure this is what this brouhaha was all about, Davey was all "The OLED is the best tv on the market you baby faced merkin" and Quinton was "f**k you pal, QLED is where its at".

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we all know what Warner is like, its not as though he is going to change his ways, love him or hate him that's how he is

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Durban: David Warner exploded with anger in a stairwell altercation with South Africa's Quinton de Kock at Kingsmead after derogatory comments were allegedly made about his wife, Candice.

The first Test ended on Monday in the shadow of a major controversy following the leaking of CCTV footage at the ground that showed Warner having to be physically restrained by teammates as he clashed in a heated confrontation with de Kock at the tea break on day four.

The Australian vice-captain and the rest of the team awoke in Durban to news that the footage had been released and published by South African outlet Independent Media.

Warner was so incensed that he needed to be held back by teammate Usman Khawaja, with captain Steve Smith and wicketkeeper Tim Paine also attempting to calm him down before Smith dragged him away.

It emerged on Monday morning here that Warner's rage had been provoked by de Kock allegedly making barbs about his former ironwoman wife as the players walked towards the dressing rooms here on Sunday afternoon.

Warner's wife and his two young children are on tour with him in South Africa.

It was unclear what Warner, who also exchanged words with Faf du Plessis when South Africa's captain emerged from the dressing room, had said back to de Kock in the fiery exchange.

South Africa's team manager Mohammed Moosajee released a statement on Monday morning."It's rather unfortunate that the incident took place and certainly not in the spirit of the game," Moosajee said."The match referee (Jeff Crowe) had spoken to us after the day's play. We will await any further communication from the ICC around this incident."
Australian players travelled to the ground from their hotel in the city's north on Monday morning needing one more wicket to take a 1-0 series lead.

However, the result was relegated to the background by the 31-year-old's run-in with de Kock.
In the nearly five years since the notorious incident at the Walkabout bar in Birmingham with England's Joe Root he has increasingly been a more mild-mannered figure and assumed seniority in the Australian set-up as Smith's deputy as well as a fill-in leader of the national Twenty20 side.

However, Warner has now been thrust back into the limelight for the wrong reasons.

The blow-up with de Kock came during a tense fourth day of the match in which Warner had delivered an emotion-charged spray towards South African's Aiden Markram when the opener played a part in the run out of the Proteas' top batsman AB de Villiers awithout scoring.

Tirade: David Warner is mobbed by teammates after the run out of AB de Villiers for a duck.

Mitchell Starc also clashed verbally with Markram and all-rounder Theunis de Bruyn that afternoon.

Australian great Adam Gilchrist on Monday weighed into the controversy.

"I think with Davey...there is no one denying his capabilities with the bat in hand. It's funny...he came into cricket and had his natural aggression mindset both with bat in hand and in the field," Gilchrist told radio station SEN.

"He used to pride himself being the guy that got into the verbal stoushes and was a leader of the aggressive mindset.

“But he then went the other way and he was very, very outright in saying ‘I’ve put that away, that’s not me any more’.

“It was really extreme the opposite way, and now he’s come back again saying ‘old Davey’s back’ and all his teammates are saying ‘the Reverend’s gone, Bull’s back’.

“It’s always a worry in any situation when someone is so extreme on one direction or the other. I think Davey’s got to find somewhere in between that.

“He does pride himself in being a leader of the team, he did that very well in the T20s as captain but what we’ve seen in the last 24 hours probably isn’t the images that you want your captain projecting.”

Gilchrist said he could thank his teammates for not letting things get further out of hand.

"If they were not there and he goes on the path that he was intending, who knows what would have happened," he said.

"Watching that, once the emotion and the aggression is taken away from it David has to be a little bit disappointed that he ‘s done that and allowed this whole discussion to start up.”

T-Boon

Coach
Every time Sonny Bill Williams is back in the news Warner starts smoking meth again. Whats the deal?

You can tell when he is on the meth because he starts sticking his chin out at seagulls in the outfield. For some reason he likes to call the seagulls Sonny. He also got caught ranting at a seagull to "speak english".

Bazal

Post Whore
Did he cross a line?

FFS for all we know he said "have you been to the Coogee Bay Hotel lately?" or "how's Sonny-Bill going?" Unless he's come out and said something like "Jesus your wife's a f**king s**t!" Davey should toughen up, he dishes out worse.

Anyway no direct quotes, it's definitely not the full story

Latest posts