What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$2,000,000 For A 70 Year Old Ground And Just 5648 Fans?

TIGERPies

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
I have no facts and figures. All I have is emotion. If you take my Tigers out of Leichhardt to play all of our games at Campbelltown, I will personally burn down Campbelltown Sports Stadium using 1,000 litres of petrol, and some fertiliser.

Close Leichhardt down to move permanatly play at Concord, and I will support that move, one future for 2 proud traditions. But until then, all you jerks can suck our Tiger Plumbs, cause we deserve that money cause all you Fu(kwits that support Super League teams took our beloved Balmain, and there is no way, legal or ortherwise you will take my Leichhardt Oval.
:clap:

Anonymous

Juniors
Who bagged Penrith. Idiot. The point was form has a lot to do with averages. Penrith have had a bad couple of weeks and there crowd on the weekend was well down on recent figures.

Tell me what grounds you have actually watched a game of footy at?

Eddie.

Bench
nospam49 said:
Dogs Of War said:
How are they poor? Have at look at any team crowd figures in that period and we are near the top of the pile. Blame your mangement for making sure that your teams success is non-existant. Maybe if you were successful you might have seen the $2million swing your way, but I don't see that happening in the forseable future.

Mate....these lot have been trying to bag the current NRL premiers and a club that broke its ground record 3 times last year.

No ones safe from their stupid attacks. :lol:

We have broken our ground record at Leichhardt this year despite running out of the 8

D!ckhead.

Balmain_Boy said:
nospam49 said:
Balmain_Boy said:
meltiger said:
Balmain_Boy said:
Where do you suggest we move anyway? The SFS can't support a 4th tenant.

Umm, I agree with you guys, you know that (Anthony... GREAT post) but can you explain this comment?

The MCG has Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne, Hawthorn playing the majority of their home games there. The Telstra Dome has Essendon, Footscray, North Melbourne & St Kilda playing the majority of their home games there.

Why couldn't the SFS support a 4th tenant???

What happens if all 4 want to play there on a particular week? Does the AFL force clubs to play on particular days? What's the point in doing that when Leichardt is perfectly fine as is.

To answer you question about neutral fans through the gate LF. I've been to about 4 Manly home games this year because I Love their traditional suburban ground. You don't know half of what you think you do.

You think thats why most neutral fans decide to go to a game...because they like sitting in an old stadium thats not up to standard... :roll:

Here is a tip.....you are weird. :lol:

No, I actually support and watch the game. It's atmosphere, it's something you can't buy. You're basically closing your eyes and jamming your fingers in your ears and ignoring anything anyone with knowlege of the matter says. Pity that most of the media including people like Laurie Daley think it's a great idea.

Yeah....I hear these old stadiums are just electric with 5,000 fans. :roll:

TIGERPies

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
hybrid_tiger said:
I've seen alot of sh1t on these forums, but this has to be the most disgraceful comment I have ever read on an internet forum.

As Balmain Boy said, if a few people here knew you, you wouldn't be walking you farkwit.

Your f**king pathetic.

Ram it where the sun don't shine pal.

I remember growing up when the Tigers had there heyday in the late 80's, so obviously you'd see them a lot of ten's game of the week, etc.

You fools act like this guy is some RL god, and without him RL would be nothing.

Get real, he's nothing more than a lifelong tigers supporter.

EVERY single club has these, I plan to be one. So he's not unique, he's not special. Hell my local club I played for had these type of people, virtually every sporting club in Australia does.

All he ever did was stand on the side line in his grubby blue singlet and swing air punches when the tigers on a roll. For that big deal.

But where he did act like a fool was getting his head on TV and radio, talk about his 'mighty tigers' and swing air punches at the camera and express the other team and their fans are in trouble... yadi da da.... but there's a clan of morons willing to look up to this ideal, seemingly these are some tigers fans.

I'd like to see how many air punches he'd swing if someone jobbed him one and told the old fool to sit down. We're here to watch the game, not him.

refer to previous comment on Kurt, u must be as stupid as your avatar appears

Eddie.

Bench
Well ignored LF.
ill say it again we broke the our ground record at Leichhardt this season.
what do you have to say about that??????
:roll:

Eddie. said:
Well ignored LF.

Its something you can point to as an achievement at that ground for the next decade.

That fact remains. 5,000 fans and part of the stadium needs torn down. :lol:

Frailty

First Grade
It has to be saved... How it has not been given heritage status YET is obsurd....

Being the oldest ground that top grade rugby league has been played at of the remaining grounds means it should be restored. Macarthur House in parramatta was given heritage status, and i bet if it were knocked down, not many people here would argue. I dont think many people anywhere would argue, but it is a heritage item.

So many times I hear people argue about the lack of passion in the game today. Stating that 'super league took away the passion', and so your resolution is to desert a ground that has more passion than anywhere else. Sure the crowd was 5000 on the weekend, but did you hear the noise made from that crowd when danny williams committed a horrible crime against league? Its true the future of the game is expansions, but the oval is where it started. What other ground is from the beginnings of the game?

Saying that Wests should feel bad about the joint venture and that they are getting ripped off is the funniest joke in the world. They have their colour scheme (black and white <The Orange from the Tigers>), they have their 'Wests', they have 50% of the games at Campbeltown and the magpie is actually on the sleeves of the tigers jerseys. You are saying the tigers got the best deal because they get Orange, 'tigers' and 50% of the games... Right.... So we will uneven the balance by giving campbelltown all the games? That would be as much of a joint venture as St. George.... Oh shit wait... there's Illawarra somewhere there isnt there?

There have been many example of 'AFL does this and AFL does that', but last time I checked, Rugby League is not the NRL! You will bad mouth AFL but praise them over this. The grounds are part of a teams identity. The Broncos - Suncorp, Canberra - Bruce Stadium, The Sharks - Endeavour field (or Shark park, toyota park, etc...), The Dragons - Kogarah, and for the Wests Tigers is this oval and campbelltown.

I find it humourous nospam49 that when you describe Penrith Stadium, you included how close it was to the action... Yet your conclusion is move to a ground that is not close to the action... Campbelltown is good, but its not as close, and if people want the AFL idea, how is Telstra stadium close...

We will complain about the standard of the game dropping, but you can't deny the tigers lift everytime they play at Balmain. So you want them to play somewhere they will not be as competitive.

Penrith Stadium is located on Mulgoa Road in Penrith and is owned by Penrith City Council. It has a capacity of 21,000 in two stands, two terraces and on two hills.

From a spectator's view, it is an excellent ground to watch rugby league, rugby union or soccer - all of which are played there - because you are never too far away. There are excellent corporate and media facilities. Lighting is up to broadcast standard. It is the home ground of the Penrith Panthers NRL side. A temporary giant video screen is used at NRL games.

Location Penrith, New South Wales
Capacity 21,000
Record Crowd 22,304 - 7/9/2003 NRL: Penrith v Parramatta
Lights Yes
Sports Played Rugby League
Home Teams Penrith Panthers RLC

Thats not my opinion.

It's not your opinion... Funny isnt it? because other people opinions of Leichardt Oval doesnt matter, but the one thing on penriths does because it supports your opinion.

Just think about what you say. You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that. But note it is your opinion, just as this post was my opinion.

TIGERPies

Juniors
yeah i think hes worried about tigers penrith at liechardt next year

and big Paully running of benjis balls!

and no amos roberts to be saviour!!

LOL u should leave the mountains and come have a sniff at how a real league ground should look

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Kurt Angle said:
hybrid_tiger said:
I've seen alot of sh1t on these forums, but this has to be the most disgraceful comment I have ever read on an internet forum.

As Balmain Boy said, if a few people here knew you, you wouldn't be walking you farkwit.

Your f**king pathetic.

Ram it where the sun don't shine pal.

I remember growing up when the Tigers had there heyday in the late 80's, so obviously you'd see them a lot of ten's game of the week, etc.

You fools act like this guy is some RL god, and without him RL would be nothing.

EVERY single club has these, I plan to be one. So he's not unique, he's not special. Hell my local club I played for had these type of people, virtually every sporting club in Australia does.

All he ever did was stand on the side line in his grubby blue singlet and swing air punches when the tigers on a roll. For that big deal.

But where he did act like a fool was getting his head on TV and radio, talk about his 'mighty tigers' and swing air punches at the camera and express the other team and their fans are in trouble... yadi da da.... but there's a clan of morons willing to look up to this ideal, seemingly these are some tigers fans.

I'd like to see how many air punches he'd swing if someone jobbed him one and told the old fool to sit down. We're here to watch the game, not him.

Your a farkwit mate, pure and simple.

You know nothing about him and the fact that you have shown such disrepect to him when he is deceased reveals alot about your character.

He was an icon to Tigers supporters. Yeah, he may have looked like an idiot sometimes, but I'm sure he didnt give a f**k what arsewipes like you thought of him, just like how I dont give a f**k about what rival codes think of him. If some Union or AFL fan thinks that he is an idiot then so be it. They obviously know nothing, just like yourself. You should be ashamed at calling yourself a league fan.

If everyone had yours and LF's views, the game would have not one ounce of passion, tradition or history. We would all be playing in soul-less concrete stadiums, watched by clueless muppets who wouldnt have a clue what it is like to support a team with tradition.

You're a pathetic attempt at a human being. Go and f**k yourself.

(P.S nospam49: Have you ever been to Leichhardt Oval?)

Eddie.

Bench
nospam49 said:
Eddie. said:
Well ignored LF.

Its something you can point to as an achievement at that ground for the next decade.

I value your opinion over the likes of Gould, Daley, Pearce, Sterling who all think Leichhardt oval is great.

Thats because they have been there, and say its got awesome atmosphere and is great to commentate at. You clearly havent been there.

Lets have every Sydney team play at Telstra with 60000 empty seats each week, and paying 5 bucks for a drink. Lets get rid of all the tradition and tribalism from league.

TIGERPies

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Kurt Angle said:
hybrid_tiger said:

Your f**king pathetic.
[-o&lt, post:

Ram it where the sun don't shine pal. :clap:

I'd like to see how many air punches he'd swing if someone jobbed him one and told the old fool to sit down. We're here to watch the game, not him.[/quote"]

Your a farkwit mate, pure and simple. :hitit:

You know nothing about him and the fact that you have shown such disrepect to him when he is deceased reveals alot about your character.

He was an icon to Tigers supporters. Yeah, he may have looked like an idiot sometimes, but I'm sure he didnt give a f**k what arsewipes like you thought of him, just like how I dont give a f**k about what rival codes think of him. If some Union or AFL fan thinks that he is an idiot then so be it. They obviously know nothing, just like yourself. You should be ashamed at calling yourself a league fan.

If everyone had yours and LF's views, the game would have not one ounce of passion, tradition or history. We would all be playing in soul-less concrete stadiums, watched by clueless muppets who wouldnt have a clue what it is like to support a team with tradition.

You're a pathetic attempt at a human being. Go and f**k yourself. :hitit: :badgrin:

(P.S nospam49: Have you ever been to Leichhardt Oval?)

Anonymous

Juniors
Hybrid, he's ignoring the question of what grounds he's actually been to. I suspect he's been to Penrith, twice.

Eddie. said:
nospam49 said:
Eddie. said:
Well ignored LF.

I value your opinion over the likes of Gould, Daley, Pearce, Sterling who all think Leichhardt oval is great.

They dont even know what they are saying!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
nospam49 said:
Eddie. said:
nospam49 said:
Eddie. said:
Well ignored LF.

It's a simple question.

Have you ever been to Leichhardt Oval to watch a game of football?

Anonymous

Juniors
Ignores it again. :lol:

Idiot. I value MY opinion over yours having been to all the grounds mentioned in the thread.

:lol: What a farkin knob. Why don't LF and KA get a room.

Eddie.

Bench
nospam49 said:
Eddie. said:
nospam49 said:
Eddie. said:
Well ignored LF.

But you do cause you have never been there :roll:

Have you ever been there???

Latest posts