What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$2,000,000 For A 70 Year Old Ground And Just 5648 Fans?

TIGERPies

Juniors
People dont like to go watch the dogs (if you hadnt noticed)
apart from supporters, other people dilike the bulldogs for their various mis behaviours over the years.
Women and familes going to doggies games. LOL!

40,000 blockbusters at homebush wont happen, obviously you guys live in a circa 1997 period, and are disillusioned about what rugby league is about.

U take wests tigers out of liechardt and only club with aspirations of representing inner city and the inner west is the roosters, and that is a joke.

to be honest i really couldnt care if our future was going to be liechardt, concord or homebush for the balmain allocation of games, and i dont mind going to cambo

u guys need to get a life and waste your time on more pressing matters, if the district gets behind the club, and the council gets the funding good on them! What difference it makes to you guys i dont get.

U have so called Sydney blockbusters there (bulldogs) and get crowds of 27 000, i hate homebush it is shit to watch league. On this basis u think i should call for all thes blockbusters to be at the sfs then. No i dont. but given your neive stance on such matters that should be your opinion otherwise you are a contradicting your self.

League supporters are happy watching teams they dont support on fox. league is suited to telly. afl is not. that is why afl draws crowds that no sydney league team scould match for its block busters.

One shit crowd on the coldest night of the winter so far means jack.

games against the storm are about as meaningfull. (for crowd figures)

All i can say is nospam49 you are a dim witt. And have no idea about principles of rugby league that are important.

Kurt ANgle i dont get why u bag Laurie. Atleats he never copped the shit u guys surved bullfrog. ha ha family club. yeah really big familes too.
SHow ground sucks. Homebush you will never fill, even if u littered bankstown with tickets

i shouldnt have bothered writing a reply, in the first place. good afternoon gentleman, have your pointless converstaion amongst yourselves!

u guys are the esence of all that is rotten in league.

TIGERPies said:
apart from supporters, other people dilike the bulldogs for their various mis behaviours over the years.

40,000 blockbusters at homebush wont happen, obviously you guys live in a circa 1997 period, and are disillusioned about what rugby league is about.

U take wests tigers out of liechardt and only club with aspirations of representing inner city and the inner west is the roosters, and that is a joke.

to be honest i really couldnt care if our future was going to be liechardt, concord or homebush for the balmain allocation of games, and i dont mind going to cambo

u guys need to get a life and waste your time on more pressing matters, if the district gets behind the club, and the council gets the funding good on them! What difference it makes to you guys i dont get.

U have so called Sydney blockbusters there (bulldogs) and get crowds of 27 000, i hate homebush it is sh*t to watch league. On this basis u think i should call for all thes blockbusters to be at the sfs then. No i dont. but given your neive stance on such matters that should be your opinion otherwise you are a contradicting your self.

League supporters are happy watching teams they dont support on fox. league is suited to telly. afl is not. that is why afl draws crowds that no sydney league team scould match for its block busters.

One sh*t crowd on the coldest night of the winter so far means jack.

games against the storm are about as meaningfull. (for crowd figures)

All i can say is nospam49 you are a dim witt. And have no idea about principles of rugby league that are important.

Kurt ANgle i dont get why u bag Laurie. Atleats he never copped the sh*t u guys surved bullfrog. ha ha family club. yeah really big familes too.
SHow ground sucks. Homebush you will never fill, even if u littered bankstown with tickets

i shouldnt have bothered writing a reply, in the first place. good afternoon gentleman, have your pointless converstaion amongst yourselves!

u guys are the esence of all that is rotten in league.

Actually....Rotten is what you see in the stands at your previous little 1930's Oval! :lol:

jirskyr

Juniors
Well you've worked it all out for us nospam49.

Everyone, forget your own home grounds. Forget fixing up sports fields that have been hosting rugby league for decades. Demolish all grounds that have not been upgraded in the last 20 years. Only brand new stadiums are allowed now. Hills should be torn up and replaced with seated grandstands.

Instead, lets host all games at Penrith Stadium. It is such a great ground.

You are a fool if you believe it is fair to close out all old Balmain fans because Leichhardt Oval is an old ground. Let's see how Penrith fans would go if you merged with Cronulla and all games were transferred to Shark Park.

Campbelltown Stadium is a long trip from Leichhardt. Wests Tigers is the entity formed by two great teams with longer histories than your own club. It is completely fair that supporters from both sides of the merger be able to enjoy the football at their own home grounds.

Whilst you are on your bloody high horse about tax payer money, why don't you start a few new posts: what about money wasted on the Iraqi war? How about cutting hospital funding? PBS medicines? Fixes to the road system? Repairs to Sydney's water pipes?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Laurie Nicholls, senile old fool. Would of loved to seen some Bulldogs fans climb over the fence and job him when he started throwing air-punches everytime Balmain scored. Inarticulate, wore a shitty old blue singlet.

I've seen alot of sh1t on these forums, but this has to be the most disgraceful comment I have ever read on an internet forum.

As Balmain Boy said, if a few people here knew you, you wouldn't be walking you farkwit.

Your f**king pathetic.

TIGERPies

Juniors
jirskyr said:
Well you've worked it all out for us nospam49.

Everyone, forget your own home grounds. Forget fixing up sports fields that have been hosting rugby league for decades. Demolish all grounds that have not been upgraded in the last 20 years. Only brand new stadiums are allowed now. Hills should be torn up and replaced with seated grandstands.

Instead, lets host all games at Penrith Stadium. It is such a great ground.

You are a fool if you believe it is fair to close out all old Balmain fans because Leichhardt Oval is an old ground. Let's see how Penrith fans would go if you merged with Cronulla and all games were transferred to Shark Park.
:music2:
Campbelltown Stadium is a long trip from Leichhardt. Wests Tigers is the entity formed by two great teams with longer histories than your own club. It is completely fair that supporters from both sides of the merger be able to enjoy the football at their own home grounds.

Whilst you are on your bloody high horse about tax payer money, why don't you start a few new posts: what about money wasted on the Iraqi war? How about cutting hospital funding? PBS medicines? Fixes to the road system? Repairs to Sydney's water pipes?

Eddie.

Bench
nospam49 said:
Beaussie said:
Perhaps the NRL could learn from the AFL with regards to Leichhardt Oval:

AFL Venues

The AFL had used 35 venues in 12,467 premiership season matches from 1897 to 2003. The AFL has embarked on a ground rationalisation policy to provide patrons with the best facilities available.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=aflinfosheets&spg=display&articleid=126467

Its not just about the 5,000 die hards that would sit in the bloody the snow to watch their team....its about drawing families and more neutral fans through the gates.

That won happen at places like Leichardt Oval.

Thats crap against Parramatta there were nutural supporters with different jerserys on everywhere.

Im sure families would rather go to Telstra with their kids and pay $10 for a pie and a drink then sit on the hill at Leichhardt Oval.

the 90% of fans that you claim dont like the ground are people like you who have never been. Warren Smith, Daley, Gould, Sterling i could go on and on all say its great place for Rubgy League

Phil Gould - "theres nothing better then a SUnday Afternoon at Liechhardt Oval"

meltiger

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Where do you suggest we move anyway? The SFS can't support a 4th tenant.

Umm, I agree with you guys, you know that (Anthony... GREAT post) but can you explain this comment?

The MCG has Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne, Hawthorn playing the majority of their home games there. The Telstra Dome has Essendon, Footscray, North Melbourne & St Kilda playing the majority of their home games there.

Why couldn't the SFS support a 4th tenant???

Dogs Of War

Coach
TIGERPies said:

Dogs home and away crowds.
1999 H:211,875 / 16,298 A:182,175 / 16,561
2000 H:167,517 / 12,886 A:197,925 / 15,225
2001 H:159,923 / 13,327 A:198,299 / 15,254
2002 H:108,485 / 10,849 A:201,767 / 16,814
2003 H:232,291 / 21,117 A:197,816 / 16,485
2004 H:124,565 / 20,761 A:134,316 / 16,790

West Tigers home and away crowds
2000 H:157,617 / 12,124 A:199,881 / 15,375
2001 H:111,528 / 9,294 A:154,843 / 11,911
2002 H:115,259 / 10,478 A:146,824 / 12,235
2003 H:89,931 / 8,993 A:148,205 / 12,350
2004 H:79,179 / 13,197 A:97,584 / 12,198

Hmm, it seems you are wrong, if anything, people don't like to watch watch the west tigers as the above home and away crowd figures suggested.

Ok...let got through this one at a time.

1. Parramatta draws alot of neutral fans because it is a WONDERFULL facility. Infact, its the standard by which I measure all Rugby League stadiums.

2. I did not say ANYTHING about moving away from stadiums that are used around the NRL. All I said that was the short sighted Balmain fans we have here should accept the fact their old rundown Oval has had it day and be prepaired to watch Wests play their games at a brand new $24,000,000 Stadium in Campbelltown instead of asking for a $2,000,000 coat of paint at their old little Oval thinking that that will fix things.

3. Isnt it funny how Balmain fans attack other supporters and their teams when people dont want $2,000,000 worth of paint put on a 70 year old stadium.

4. Isnt it funny that Wests Magpies fans, 50% of the West Tigers joint venture, havent come out and said this is a good idea. Maybe they realise how benificial a move to Campbelltown would actually be for their club....the Wests Tigers.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
I've seen alot of sh1t on these forums, but this has to be the most disgraceful comment I have ever read on an internet forum.

As Balmain Boy said, if a few people here knew you, you wouldn't be walking you farkwit.

Your f**king pathetic.

Ram it where the sun don't shine pal.

I remember growing up when the Tigers had there heyday in the late 80's, so obviously you'd see them a lot of ten's game of the week, etc.

You fools act like this guy is some RL god, and without him RL would be nothing.

Get real, he's nothing more than a lifelong tigers supporter.

EVERY single club has these, I plan to be one. So he's not unique, he's not special. Hell my local club I played for had these type of people, virtually every sporting club in Australia does.

All he ever did was stand on the side line in his grubby blue singlet and swing air punches when the tigers on a roll. For that big deal.

But where he did act like a fool was getting his head on TV and radio, talk about his 'mighty tigers' and swing air punches at the camera and express the other team and their fans are in trouble... yadi da da.... but there's a clan of morons willing to look up to this ideal, seemingly these are some tigers fans.

I'd like to see how many air punches he'd swing if someone jobbed him one and told the old fool to sit down. We're here to watch the game, not him.

Eddie.

Bench
Dogs Of War said:
TIGERPies said:

Dogs home and away crowds.
1999 H:211,875 / 16,298 A:182,175 / 16,561
2000 H:167,517 / 12,886 A:197,925 / 15,225
2001 H:159,923 / 13,327 A:198,299 / 15,254
2002 H:108,485 / 10,849 A:201,767 / 16,814
2003 H:232,291 / 21,117 A:197,816 / 16,485
2004 H:124,565 / 20,761 A:134,316 / 16,790

West Tigers home and away crowds
2000 H:157,617 / 12,124 A:199,881 / 15,375
2001 H:111,528 / 9,294 A:154,843 / 11,911
2002 H:115,259 / 10,478 A:146,824 / 12,235
2003 H:89,931 / 8,993 A:148,205 / 12,350
2004 H:79,179 / 13,197 A:97,584 / 12,198

Hmm, it seems you are wrong, if anything, people don't like to watch watch the west tigers as the above home and away crowd figures suggested.

Yeah and the tigers have been in the bottom 3 for most of those years. if we had any form of success we would make those Dogs figures look poor, which they are for a team as good as the Bulldogs.

Anonymous

Juniors
meltiger said:
Balmain_Boy said:

Umm, I agree with you guys, you know that (Anthony... GREAT post) but can you explain this comment?

The MCG has Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne, Hawthorn playing the majority of their home games there. The Telstra Dome has Essendon, Footscray, North Melbourne & St Kilda playing the majority of their home games there.

What happens if all 4 want to play there on a particular week? Does the AFL force clubs to play on particular days? What's the point in doing that when Leichardt is perfectly fine as is.

To answer you question about neutral fans through the gate LF. I've been to about 4 Manly home games this year because I Love their traditional suburban ground. You don't know half of what you think you do.

Dogs Of War

Coach
How are they poor? Have at look at any team crowd figures in that period and we are near the top of the pile. Blame your mangement for making sure that your teams success is non-existant. Maybe if you were successful you might have seen the $2million swing your way, but I don't see that happening in the forseable future.

Balmain_Boy said:
meltiger said:
Balmain_Boy said:

What happens if all 4 want to play there on a particular week? Does the AFL force clubs to play on particular days? What's the point in doing that when Leichardt is perfectly fine as is.

To answer you question about neutral fans through the gate LF. I've been to about 4 Manly home games this year because I Love their traditional suburban ground. You don't know half of what you think you do.

You think thats why most neutral fans decide to go to a game...because they like sitting in an old stadium thats not up to standard... :roll:

Here is a tip.....you are weird. :lol:

Dogs Of War said:
How are they poor? Have at look at any team crowd figures in that period and we are near the top of the pile. Blame your mangement for making sure that your teams success is non-existant. Maybe if you were successful you might have seen the $2million swing your way, but I don't see that happening in the forseable future.

Mate....these lot have been trying to bag the current NRL premiers and a club that broke its ground record 3 times last year.

No ones safe from their stupid attacks. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
hybrid_tiger said:

Your f**king pathetic.

Ram it where the sun don't shine pal.

I remember growing up when the Tigers had there heyday in the late 80's, so obviously you'd see them a lot of ten's game of the week, etc.

You fools act like this guy is some RL god, and without him RL would be nothing.

Get real, he's nothing more than a lifelong tigers supporter.

EVERY single club has these, I plan to be one. So he's not unique, he's not special. Hell my local club I played for had these type of people, virtually every sporting club in Australia does.

All he ever did was stand on the side line in his grubby blue singlet and swing air punches when the tigers on a roll. For that big deal.

But where he did act like a fool was getting his head on TV and radio, talk about his 'mighty tigers' and swing air punches at the camera and express the other team and their fans are in trouble... yadi da da.... but there's a clan of morons willing to look up to this ideal, seemingly these are some tigers fans.

I'd like to see how many air punches he'd swing if someone jobbed him one and told the old fool to sit down. We're here to watch the game, not him.

Next time you're in the area come to leichardt oval (if you actually go to the footy) and yell that out. It'll be good for somebody to drop you merkin.

How many people went to see EVERY match of a club for 30 years straight? He was more than a lunatic supporter. Wayne Pearce, more of a man than you will ever be said something along the lines of After a loss I'd always cheer up because I knew there'd be somebody waiting for me in the dressing room. He didn't mean the coach. He meant Laurie Nichols.

Wrighty79

Juniors
I have no facts and figures. All I have is emotion. If you take my Tigers out of Leichhardt to play all of our games at Campbelltown, I will personally burn down Campbelltown Sports Stadium using 1,000 litres of petrol, and some fertiliser.

Close Leichhardt down to move permanatly play at Concord, and I will support that move, one future for 2 proud traditions. But until then, all you jerks can suck our Tiger Plumbs, cause we deserve that money cause all you Fu(kwits that support Super League teams took our beloved Balmain, and there is no way, legal or ortherwise you will take my Leichhardt Oval.

Anonymous

Juniors
nospam49 said:
Balmain_Boy said:
meltiger said:
Balmain_Boy said:

You think thats why most neutral fans decide to go to a game...because they like sitting in an old stadium thats not up to standard... :roll:

Here is a tip.....you are weird. :lol:

No, I actually support and watch the game. It's atmosphere, it's something you can't buy. You're basically closing your eyes and jamming your fingers in your ears and ignoring anything anyone with knowlege of the matter says. Pity that most of the media including people like Laurie Daley think it's a great idea.

Wrighty79 said:
I have no facts and figures. All I have is emotion. If you take my Tigers out of Leichhardt to play all of our games at Campbelltown, I will personally burn down Campbelltown Sports Stadium using 1,000 litres of petrol, and some fertiliser.

Close Leichhardt down to move permanatly play at Concord, and I will support that move, one future for 2 proud traditions. But until then, all you jerks can suck our Tiger Plumbs, cause we deserve that money cause all you Fu(kwits that support Super League teams took our beloved Balmain, and there is no way, legal or ortherwise you will take my Leichhardt Oval.

Well arent you a wongerfull supporter. :roll:

Latest posts