What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$2,000,000 For A 70 Year Old Ground And Just 5648 Fans?

TIGERPies

Juniors
KOGRAH is the worst nrl ground

no elevation

no lights

and the government paid for that

WELL GET OUR UPGRADE

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Just because a really bad decidion occured for St. George, it doesn't mean an equally bad decision in upgrading Leichardt should happen.

jirskyr said:
nospam49:

So you are against the recent upgrades to Oki Jubilee Stadium on behalf of St George? Taxpayer money went into that development.

Perhaps you should make more uninformed comments and get all joint venture supporters offside.

May I ask what team you support?

Yes I was 100% against it!

Another old rundown ground that time has passed by.

The Dragons use about 28 stadiums in Sydney and they get pretty good crowds no matter where they play.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
TIGERPies said:
Liechardts is our cathedral

ALL U HATERS CAN STICK IT
well get our upgrade!

This says it all..."our cathedral".

A statement laced in emotional dogma, devoid of logic and reason.

Fair enough. As long as your mond is clouded, we'll make the decisions for \\:D/

Balmain_Boy said:
KA, who are you to tell clubs where their future is halfwit?

Do you think the future of the West Tigers lies in Balmain....in a stadium where some structures are unsafe for the public and need torn down.... and an area that has shown it is unable to support a high quality first class Rugby League team for over a decade.

OR....

Does it lie in Campbelltwon with a brand new stadium that can be easily upgraded when the need arises...with a massive junior base, a growing population and little to no competition from any other major sport in the area.

Hmmm.....this is a tough choice... :roll:

Kurt Angle said:
TIGERPies said:
Liechardts is our cathedral

ALL U HATERS CAN STICK IT
well get our upgrade!

This says it all..."our cathedral".

A statement laced in emotional dogma, devoid of logic and reason.

Fair enough. As long as your mond is clouded, we'll make the decisions for \\:D/

It actually reminds me more of an old public toilet block then a cathedral! :lol:

Its just a shame you dont have Craig Field playing there any mkore. he could have been your George Michael!

TIGERPies

Juniors
go love your panthers mate and leave criticising our ground well alone

penriths ground looks no better

TIGERPies said:
go love your panthers mate and leave criticising our ground well alone

penriths ground looks no better

penrith.gif

Penrith Stadium is located on Mulgoa Road in Penrith and is owned by Penrith City Council. It has a capacity of 21,000 in two stands, two terraces and on two hills.

From a spectator's view, it is an excellent ground to watch rugby league, rugby union or soccer - all of which are played there - because you are never too far away. There are excellent corporate and media facilities. Lighting is up to broadcast standard. It is the home ground of the Penrith Panthers NRL side. A temporary giant video screen is used at NRL games.

Location Penrith, New South Wales
Capacity 21,000
Record Crowd 22,304 - 7/9/2003 NRL: Penrith v Parramatta
Lights Yes
Sports Played Rugby League
Home Teams Penrith Panthers RLC

Thats not my opinion.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
TIGERPies said:
:roll: blah blah blah

read my signature thats why your jealous

Jealous of what ?

"half the good people live in Balmain and the rest only wish they did".

There's many places as good or better in Sydney, let alone the rest of Australia or the rest of the world, don't kid yourself.

"Don't sell yourself short and keep trying"

It's a virtue I've learnt prior to knowing you. You didn't give it to me, I can't be jealous.

"I respect any player who does his best... gives every inch of his heart... you've got to respect a man for that" the late great Laurie Nicolls

Laurie Nicholls, senile old fool. Would of loved to seen some Bulldogs fans climb over the fence and job him when he started throwing air-punches everytime Balmain scored. Inarticulate, wore a shitty old blue singlet.

Maintains the inaccurate, poor stereotype that gives other codes ammuntion aganist RL.

Le Rouge

Juniors
If any grounds in Sydney need an upgrade i'd say Belmore or the Showgrounds
the Bulldogs need a decent home ground.

The showground only averages 8,201

Le Rouge said:
If any grounds in Sydney need an upgrade i'd say Belmore or the Showgrounds
the Bulldogs need a decent home ground.

The showground only averages 8,201

But the showground isnt a Rugby League stadium. Its good for what it was built for...its not good for Rugby League.

Look, the Bulldogs have some tough decisions themselves to make over the next few years. But lets not confuse the two points.

Beaussie said:
Perhaps the NRL could learn from the AFL with regards to Leichhardt Oval:

AFL Venues

The AFL had used 35 venues in 12,467 premiership season matches from 1897 to 2003. The AFL has embarked on a ground rationalisation policy to provide patrons with the best facilities available.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=aflinfosheets&spg=display&articleid=126467

And thats the thing isnt it.

Its not just about the 5,000 die hards that would sit in the bloody the snow to watch their team....its about drawing families and more neutral fans through the gates.

That won happen at places like Leichardt Oval.

There are people that dont mind what they go an see. They are not tied down to any one sport.

If they have a choice to sit on a hill and watch the Tigers....or sit in a seat and maybe what an AFL game, Union game or even another NRL clubs....these people will go for the more comfortable option every time.

And its THESE people that are the difference between a struggling club, and a strong club. A struggling sport, and a strong sport.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
nospam49 said:
But the showground isnt a Rugby League stadium. Its good for what it was built for...its not good for Rugby League.

Look, the Bulldogs have some tough decisions themselves to make over the next few years. But lets not confuse the two points.

I think they will just gradually build up their support where all home games be played at Homebush.

Despite all their issues, they still do have a brand name. A very successful one at that.

I think they are on the right idea with blockbuster. I think the NRL should be attempting to move all "games of the week" in Sydney to Telstra Stadium.

"If you build it, they will come" ... Penrith fans were disgraceful not showing up when the Roosters game was rescheduled there.

You even said the 19,938 average a couple of rounds back wasn't a great feat, it should be what the NRL should be pushing every week. Blockbusters of 40,000 fans plus at Telstra every week goes a big way to achieving this.

Anonymous

Juniors
Laurie Nicholls, senile old fool. Would of loved to seen some Bulldogs fans climb over the fence and job him when he started throwing air-punches everytime Balmain scored. Inarticulate, wore a shitty old blue singlet.

Absolutely disgusting. I would smash the shit out of you if I knew who you were.

Kurt Angle said:
nospam49 said:

I think they will just gradually build up their support where all home games be played at Homebush.

Despite all their issues, they still do have a brand name. A very successful one at that.

I think they are on the right idea with blockbuster. I think the NRL should be attempting to move all "games of the week" in Sydney to Telstra Stadium.

"If you build it, they will come" ... Penrith fans were disgraceful not showing up when the Roosters game was rescheduled there.

You even said the 19,938 average a couple of rounds back wasn't a great feat, it should be what the NRL should be pushing every week. Blockbusters of 40,000 fans plus at Telstra every week goes a big way to achieving this.

As a Panthers fan I knew that moving that Grand Final replay to Homebush was a bad idea. Infact....I said that when the move was announced well before the match.

Penrith isnt a team thats going to attract 40,000 through the gate during the regular season. We can get 20,000 at home no problems....have a high average.

But that GF Replay was OUR home game. As a Panthers fan I wanted nothing more then to pack into a full house at Penrith Football Stadium, tear shreds off the Roosters as they run out....turn the ref our way.......that was going to be like our Grand Final celebration all over again.

It was a dumb move by the Panthers.

Im not a fan of moving ALL bing games to Telstra or Aussie stdium. But there are certainly some games that are ready for it. For instnace....there is something about the Dragons vs the Bunnies at the SCG.....but play the Bulldogs vs the Panthers there.....a better matchup.....and it just wouldnt be the same would it?

The Bulldogs moving their home match against Parramatta to the SCG seems right to me. But the Bulldogs moving theor home game against the Roosters to the SCG just wouldnt be right. Thats more of a telstra Stadium matchup.

Latest posts