What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$2,000,000 For A 70 Year Old Ground And Just 5648 Fans?

Frailty

First Grade
Maybe he doesnt believe you because of your name....

But I will say it as a Sharks supporter... It is the best ground I have gone to watch rugby league... I have attended a game to every ground in NSW and ACT, and it is the best atmosphere and best ground to relax and watch the footy...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
nospam49 said:
Yes I havebeen there.

Worst ground in the NRL by a long, long way.

You're a bullsh1t artist.

Perhaps armed with this and you're solutions for taxpayers you shoudl consider becoming a politician? ;-)

Kurt Angle

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Your a farkwit mate, pure and simple.

You know nothing about him and the fact that you have shown such disrepect to him when he is deceased reveals alot about your character.

Yes, you treat him like the RL supporter to end all RL supporters, like no other club has had an equal. I know dragons supporters like him, I know supporters for him when I played for Moorebank Rams, I know supporters like him for South Perth Lions, in a 5 team comp in AFL territory.

I'm not going to rever him cuz he used to swing air punches and drooled out the corner of his mouth.

He was an icon to Tigers supporters. Yeah, he may have looked like an idiot sometimes, but I'm sure he didnt give a f**k what arsewipes like you thought of him, just like how I dont give a f**k about what rival codes think of him.

See above

If some Union or AFL fan thinks that he is an idiot then so be it. They obviously know nothing, just like yourself. You should be ashamed at calling yourself a league fan.

And how do you figure that out ?

Unfortunately in this day and age, attracting to the non-converted relies on more than a 'traditional jersey' and vintage anecdotes.

There is no one more proud than me to be a league fan, but all you're doing is keeping the ship on the same steady course, when you're the captain of the titanic. League needs some changes.

If everyone had yours and LF's views, the game would have not one ounce of passion, tradition or history. We would all be playing in soul-less concrete stadiums, watched by clueless muppets who wouldnt have a clue what it is like to support a team with tradition.

And if we had your view, we'd be playing a sydney premiership, where the players still worked 9 to 5, trained 2 nights a week, and you'd see them in the leagues club after getting pissed.

But'd that'd be fine watching RL in your 1930's designed stadium and knowing all of the 4,500 crowd on a first name basis.

Seriously, if you want that, go watch premier league. Balmain still exists there.

Just because they are old, it doesn't mean they have a RIGHT to be in the elite competition of Australian RL.

TIGERPies

Juniors
this forum name should bhe edited to balmain bashing

Kurt your 2 cents are meaningless. The things u assume and allude are rediculous. Dead set you are a gronk. :iwstupid:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Yes, you treat him like the RL supporter to end all RL supporters, like no other club has had an equal. I know dragons supporters like him, I know supporters for him when I played for Moorebank Rams, I know supporters like him for South Perth Lions, in a 5 team comp in AFL territory.

I'm not going to rever him cuz he used to swing air punches and drooled out the corner of his mouth.

Ok so you know other people? Are you going to attack them when they're dead too? Are they all idiots who swing air punches? Are they no better than any other supporter? Why one precedent for Nichols and another for the rest?

And how do you figure that out ?

Unfortunately in this day and age, attracting to the non-converted relies on more than a 'traditional jersey' and vintage anecdotes.

There is no one more proud than me to be a league fan, but all you're doing is keeping the ship on the same steady course, when you're the captain of the titanic. League needs some changes.

League doesn't need many changes. People already tried to change too much and look what happened. Money hungry scumbags who probably have the same views as yourself about people like Nichols and stadiums like Leichhardt almost sent this game down alongside the Titanic.

League doesnt need changes - it needs stability. It needs history. It needs passion. It needs past greats. It needs stadiums like Leichhardt Oval. It needs supporters like Laurie. League hasnt, and will never need to attract Union and AFL fans to survive.

And if we had your view, we'd be playing a sydney premiership, where the players still worked 9 to 5, trained 2 nights a week, and you'd see them in the leagues club after getting pissed.

But'd that'd be fine watching RL in your 1930's designed stadium and knowing all of the 4,500 crowd on a first name basis.

Seriously, if you want that, go watch premier league. Balmain still exists there.

Just because they are old, it doesn't mean they have a RIGHT to be in the elite competition of Australian RL.

No. If I had my view, we'd be playing pretty much the same way as we do now. At Leichhardt Oval. Attracting big crowds when the right team comes to play and the weather isnt terrible. (19 000 vs Parramatta). Attracting smaller crowds, but 10 times the volume and passion at a packed Aussie or Telstra Stadium when an interstate team plays and the weather is bad. (6000 vs Melbourne).

Kurt Angle

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Ok so you know other people? Are you going to attack them when they're dead too? Are they all idiots who swing air punches? Are they no better than any other supporter? Why one precedent for Nichols and another for the rest?

No, I'm not going to attack them. This has come around because this has escalted further and further from a slight remark about Laurie.

That said, I don't believe the Moorebank Rams should be in the NRL because they have an equivalent of Laurie.

You clowns profess about him being some sort of god incarnate. A lifelong supporter is all he was.

League doesn't need many changes. People already tried to change too much and look what happened. Money hungry scumbags who probably have the same views as yourself about people like Nichols and stadiums like Leichhardt almost sent this game down alongside the Titanic.

The game now is immensely superior now that it was in 1987 when the Broncoes were brought in and ended the days of the NSW premiership.

The only friction that has occured is the resistence of teams who can't compete at the highest level, and hold the competition back.

You don't have a divine right to compete at the highest level.

Have your tradition in PL.

League doesnt need changes - it needs stability. It needs history. It needs passion. It needs past greats. It needs stadiums like Leichhardt Oval. It needs supporters like Laurie. League hasnt, and will never need to attract Union and AFL fans to survive.

No, but it needs to keep attracting supporters. It was OK 25 years ago when it was the only game in town and that's all kids cared about. Now we have AFL and RU to contend with, and kids grow up with choices. We have to be the ones to attract them.

And it doesn't need to be all hardcore supporters.

Tigers had 5,600 vs Melbourne.. so you can say they are hardcore.
19,000 vs Parramatta....

so you could say 13,400 of them are fairweather fans. Unescapable reality, all clubs need more of them.

This is thie thing that holds the game back. Your team has too many days of small crowds, holding back your revenue, and as a result holding back the salary cap to 3.25 million.

Other teams want it raised to attract great athletes and stop raids from England and RU.

This is what is holding the game back from maintaining is position in the elite tier of Australian sports.

No. If I had my view, we'd be playing pretty much the same way as we do now. At Leichhardt Oval. Attracting big crowds when the right team comes to play and the weather isnt terrible. (19 000 vs Parramatta). Attracting smaller crowds, but 10 times the volume and passion at a packed Aussie or Telstra Stadium when an interstate team plays and the weather is bad. (6000 vs Melbourne).

Then go watch PL.

I'll tell you what.

You watch traditional team, traditional jerseys.

I'll watch modeern teams in modern stadia and professional athletes.

Tell me which gets bigger crowds, hence which is more appealing.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
No, I'm not going to attack them. This has come around because this has escalted further and further from a slight remark about Laurie.

That said, I don't believe the Moorebank Rams should be in the NRL because they have an equivalent of Laurie.

You clowns profess about him being some sort of god incarnate. A lifelong supporter is all he was.

It wasnt a slight remark. It was a personal attack. You said that you would like to see Bulldogs fans jump over the fence and attack him. That is f**king s1ck. Enjoy seeing old people getting bashed do you?

Stop trying to take the gloss off what you said now that you have possibly realised it was a disgraceful comment which you would apologise for if you had an ounce of dignity.

The game now is immensely superior now that it was in 1987 when the Broncoes were brought in and ended the days of the NSW premiership.

The only friction that has occured is the resistence of teams who can't compete at the highest level, and hold the competition back.

You don't have a divine right to compete at the highest level.

Have your tradition in PL.

We merged and recieved a licence to play in the NRL so we have a right to compete just like any other club. In case you didn't know, a merger is where two clubs come together. Hence two home grounds, Campbelltown to represent Wests and Leichhardt to represent Balmain. Not hard to work out mate.

The only friction that has occured is the insistence of money-hungry cretins such as Murdoch creating a second competition because he couldnt get his own way in regards to TV rights. Nothing else.

No, but it needs to keep attracting supporters. It was OK 25 years ago when it was the only game in town and that's all kids cared about. Now we have AFL and RU to contend with, and kids grow up with choices. We have to be the ones to attract them.

And it doesn't need to be all hardcore supporters.

Tigers had 5,600 vs Melbourne.. so you can say they are hardcore.
19,000 vs Parramatta....

so you could say 13,400 of them are fairweather fans. Unescapable reality, all clubs need more of them.

This is thie thing that holds the game back. Your team has too many days of small crowds, holding back your revenue, and as a result holding back the salary cap to 3.25 million.

Other teams want it raised to attract great athletes and stop raids from England and RU.

This is what is holding the game back from maintaining is position in the elite tier of Australian sports.

If you are a league follower, your children will follow league too. Very simple. We do not need to "convert" supporters to be successful. League is an already attractive package.

Other teams want the cap raised to monopolise the league. So go and watch a competition where only 1 or 2 teams have a realistic chance of a premiership. A plastic league where 14 out of 16 teams (GC or CC) are there just to make up the numbers. A soul-less and tradition-less league played in concreate stadiums. A league with money hungry athletes who play only to get a big fat paycheck at the end of the week and nothing else.

You go and watch that, and I'll watch the NRL the way it is now.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
It wasnt a slight remark. It was a personal attack. You said that you would like to see Bulldogs fans jump over the fence and attack him. That is f**king s1ck. Enjoy seeing old people getting bashed do you?

Stop trying to take the gloss off what you said now that you have possibly realised it was a disgraceful comment which you would apologise for if you had an ounce of dignity.

It is a slight remark you d*ckhead. Remarks are said like that all the time, it's only because I've said it about Saint Laurie you're in a hissy fit.

That said, I will apologise for the comment.

We merged and recieved a licence to play in the NRL so we have a right to compete just like any other club. In case you didn't know, a merger is where two clubs come together. Hence two home grounds, Campbelltown to represent Wests and Leichhardt to represent Balmain. Not hard to work out mate.

Yes, you've merged, but 5,648 indicates you're not up to the job of competing.

The only friction that has occured is the insistence of money-hungry cretins such as Murdoch creating a second competition because he couldnt get his own way in regards to TV rights. Nothing else.

There wouldn't of been a second competition if it wasn't the likes of the Sydney ARL clubs holding on to power.

(I'm an Eels fan, a Sydney based, ARL aligned team, so I'm not toeing the party line here).

A a large number of out of Sydney teams followed, because of the views of teams like the Tigers holding the game back.

If you are a league follower, your children will follow league too. Very simple. We do not need to "convert" supporters to be successful. League is an already attractive package.

Funny, I know people born and raised in Sydney who are fans of the Swans, and thier parents never followed. Absolutely ridiculous statment.

To grow, to expand, RL needs to go to areas it hasn't been before.

You statement borders of Beaussie degree of intelligence.

The storm could do with a lot of people following 2 codes in Melbourne as well.

Other teams want the cap raised to monopolise the league. So go and watch a competition where only 1 or 2 teams have a realistic chance of a premiership. A plastic league where 14 out of 16 teams (GC or CC) are there just to make up the numbers. A soul-less and tradition-less league played in concreate stadiums. A league with money hungry athletes who play only to get a big fat paycheck at the end of the week and nothing else.

You go and watch that, and I'll watch the NRL the way it is now.

You can't monopolise a competition with a salary cap, every other team has a chance to raise equal revenue (provided they don't get only 5,648 through the gate).

And watch it as it is. If you don't think there is room for improvement in the NRL, or need to improve, there is something wrong with you.

"Tigers Syndrome" I'd call it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'm through arguing with you.

You've got nothing. Perhaps you're upset because you're club didnt take over Balmain? ;-)

Sincas

Juniors
I urge any Wests Tigers fans to boycott this thread as it is an insult to our intelligence.

Sadly, I think the State Govt needs to prop up the spending on mental hospitals to accomodate these no hopers.

0neye

Ill see you LOONEY Tiger fans at Cambeltown the crowd will be big ,thats if they let you out of Calam Park :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)
c33a1478.jpg
WOOF_WOOOFabc.gif

0neye

i see you know it well :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

don't all the Balmain people want to save Callan Park too 8)

Latest posts