What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 trys in 120 mins

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I didnt see it but you can bet it was the Alfie style throw he does where he throws his feet in between the legs then throws them over his hip.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The only thing I will cling to is that it's a trial and no one knows who came on and off throughout the game... Our halves were always the worry though imo.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Don't let the 2 trys fool you either. One was in the 66th minute a gardner solo special & the other was consolation in the dying seconds.

Inferno

Coach
Bad habits die hard and for Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanaghan the writing was on the wall on Saturday night that he has little time to turn it around.

In less than two weeks the Sharks travel to Canberra to tackle the Raiders in the first round of the NRL.

A less than impressive performance against Newcastle, a 32-10 loss, at Olympic Park in Muswellbrook had Flanaghan scratching his head for answers.

"I'd have to long and deep to find any positives," Flanaghan said.

"We just turned over the ball too much, fell back into some real bad old habits.

"Dropping the ball coming out of our own end and they punished us."

And the pain could continue with backrower Jeremy Smith placed on report for tripping in the 49th minute.

"In the second half we just got worse and worse," Flanaghan said.

"All that stuff is fixable, it was dropping the ball in contact and bad passes.

"But it needs to be fixed real quick. I'm under no illusion there's a lot of work to do.

"Jeremy (Smith) is on report which is not very good."
link

Flanno is going to lose his hair quicker than Nathan Brown if this continues. He's off contract at the end of this year and if we get off to a sh*t start, the board is going to look pretty stupid if they re-sign him.

coolumsharkie

Referee
still upset your boyfriend ricky stuart isn't around anymore? tosser

Whats your point mate? Do you disagree that it's a worry we STILL cant score points ?

I think blind freddy can see that Reefy has a valid point, infact Inferno brought this up last week so why dont you have a go at him also?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Whats your point mate? Do you disagree that it's a worry we STILL cant score points ?

I think blind freddy can see that Reefy has a valid point, infact Inferno brought this up last week so why dont you have a go at him also?

Forkin' hell I said point a few times :)

cb4

First Grade
I didnt see it but you can bet it was the Alfie style throw he does where he throws his feet in between the legs then throws them over his hip.

It wasnt that bad to tell you the truth, I dont think he will get suspended. It was mor awkward than deliberate.

Don't let the 2 trys fool you either. One was in the 66th minute a gardner solo special & the other was consolation in the dying seconds.

The gardner solo special is bullsh*t, it was an offload out from Cordoba to Tim Smith, who passed to Wade and Wade through a pass to Gards decoy like which would of got some attention from the video ref.

I went to the game with some guys on Sharksforever, was a good night, Newy played there strongest team most of the night, good on them, there team is sorted.

Second half we interechanged frequently.

Backs were the difference in this game, our forwards out muscled them.

Vin Fizz

Bench
"We just turned over the ball too much, fell back into some real bad old habits.

Who's dropping the ball? Are we missing the obvious here? Dare I say it are our comps best forwards not as good as we keep making out? Yeah they make great forward progress but efen ell we drop the ball in the first 3 tackles a lot? Can anyone who was at the game shead some light here!

jc155776

Coach
Yeah I have to say our forwards drop the ball an awful lot and on line defence is often a big worry in the middle.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It wasnt that bad to tell you the truth, I dont think he will get suspended. It was mor awkward than deliberate.

The gardner solo special is bullsh*t, it was an offload out from Cordoba to Tim Smith, who passed to Wade and Wade through a pass to Gards decoy like which would of got some attention from the video ref..

Like I said, I wasn't there. Just going off txt sent to me. & I have no reason to doubt them.