What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 trys in 120 mins

Ausguy

Coach
rogers bar... 630pm, should be there by that time after work... wear a red hat, il find you.

carcharias

Immortal
just off topic for a sec.

there is some sh*t going down in Engadine.
cops and helicopters everywhere....it is ballistic.

Hooper

Juniors
2 tries in 120 mins is a concern. Of that there is no doubt. But there are a few things to consider:

The side last year under Flanno beat the Roosters and the Titans. They were impressive wins and showed what Flanno and the players are capable of. R.Stuart coached this side for 4 years and it will take Flanno time to have the team playing his style of footy and not R.Stuart's style. It took Wayne Bennett 2 seasons to get the Dragon's playing the way he wanted them to and he is the best coach in the game.

The important 6 and 7 combination (Porter/Graham/Kelly/T.Smith whoever that ends up being) will take time to gel. That won't happen in the space of 2 trial matches.

Gallen and J.Smith, arguably our two best players, will have their minds on the job when it matters.

There is a question mark over positions 2 through to 5. I know that there are a lot of Pom fans here, but I just don't see him as a centre. Put him in the back row. What top 8 side has got a lock/second rower like Pom playing in the centre's and is successful? The successful sides have got thoroughbreds playing out wide that ask questions of the defence when they get the ball. Also, Gards can't be out 'go to man' in attack all the time. Sides will read that and tackle him out of the game. Their needs to be other options in attack.

Stapleton, Gordon, and Williams have got real speed. They need to back up the ball carrier. Sniff around, look for an opportunity, put the defence in two minds. Play with a little more imagination and enterprise. If nothing else, give us something to get excited about after two years of averaging 2 tries per game.

When it comes together (and it will but have a little patience), we will have a better season than last year. It is just a question of how much higher up the ladder we will finish. Injuries, of course, are the x factor.

Lets remember the halves were Graham/Kelly 1st time that have played together, and during 2nd half out team was swapping and changing, so you cant really guage the team off this trial.

Trials are trial, this is to try different people in different areas, and for BTR to rip into our team is a disgrace give the coach a chance he has to build the halves from scratch seeing waht was recruited before he got the role.

Smith & Porter are not the answer, we need to stick with Graham/Kelly for 4 weeks and work hard with the u20's halves its a rebuilding year, and these players need the coach to stick by them, unlike when Dicky was coach

Ausguy

Coach
A few of them are upset that Dicky's gone so they make up stuff about the new coach. That simple.

f**k no... im not upset RS is gone... i held the leagues club lift door open for him when he chucked a tanty and walked out...

redback

Bench
f**k no... im not upset RS is gone... i held the leagues club lift door open for him when he chucked a tanty and walked out...

Thanks for clarifying that Ausguy and I apologise if I included you in the "I love Dicky club".

Maybe there is only one member afterall?