What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20,000 pre sold for Brisbane Test

morley101

Juniors
Ticketek site reports
Catagory 1 Allocation Exhausted
Catagory 4 Single Seats only
Catagory 5 Limited Seats only

miccle

Bench
When you also go and try to buy a group of tickets, it's bloody hard to get a decent seat with a few people. If you have four, you'll get in to the lower seating bowl. Up to six people and you can sit in the second tier. Any more than that - you're in the nosebleeds. Definitely a good sign.

langpark

First Grade
38k in yesterday's paper according to Steve Rickett's. I think it will definitely be no smaller than 45k

Coastbloke

Bench
From a Central Coast resident, take a bow Brissy...

Give the WC final to Suncorp...

I would dearly love to see Telstra Stadium full for the WC final, but if we can't get Aussie half full, well....... :( :(

Note to GB, Play well on Saturday and try at least not to get flogged. There may still be some hope to sell out the final...

ali

Bench
I'm confident about this one. High forties I reckon. What's the build up been like in Brisbane? At least in Sydney or Melbourne where I was today, the papers actually appear to be reporting genuine news concerning GB, not just bagging them like before the Sydney test.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Coastbloke said:
From a Central Coast resident, take a bow Brissy...

Give the WC final to Suncorp...

I would dearly love to see Telstra Stadium full for the WC final, but if we can't get Aussie half full, well....... :( :(

Note to GB, Play well on Saturday and try at least not to get flogged. There may still be some hope to sell out the final...

If anything i think Sydney needs the WC final to get a big crowd, it would be an event so im sure you could fill it but as you the regular WC games, Brisbane should definately get more because Sydney crowds would be very low i would imagine.

Scubby

Juniors
Just done a stadium tour of the Suncorp this morning - awesome venue for Rugby League.

The operations guy who was leading the tour mentioned they were expecting around 42,000 for the test. Don't know if he was just quoting off the top of his head or had a bit more data available.

That would be fantastic IMO and a GB win would be even better. :roll:

Scubby

Juniors
langpark said:
i think he's being very conservative with that estimate

Seemed a bit of a Unionite with some of his ramblings so you may be right. The Australian team were also out on the pitch having a training run so it was well worth the trip. Felt like giving them a bit of sledging but after last week's performance thought it best to keep quiet. LOL :(

Can't wait for Saturday - Suncorp is some venue - the Broncos are very lucky to have such a facility.

miccle

Bench
It's a brilliant venue, that's for sure.

I absolutely love it and am very lucky to have the place as my home ground :) That being said I still adore travelling to Sydney and visiting some of the smaller suburban grounds, which are also absolutely fantastic, just in a different way.

langpark

First Grade
It is brilliant, and we as fans are also lucky to have it. The whole set up is just awesome, some good planning went into it when it was built. The buses go from the city and suburbs and take you rite up to the stadium, and the train is just across the road too, and they're both free, so it gives fans very little excuses to miss a game

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Well done to Brisbane on the crowd. I went to the Christchurch game and all i can say is these gladiators from the 3 teams deserve to play in front of big crowds.

Coastbloke

Bench
This is sounding great.

All we need now is a close game. Doesn't matter who wins.

It sh*ts me to tears we have to hope for a full house or close to it when we know yawnion will fill it for a Test and league has the better product by a country mile....

If we had a friend in Channel Nein who would show it live in all markets the exposure would be enormous.

Make no mistake, this Test is not just a test of players between Australia and GB. This is also a test of how the people who run this game can maximise the spectacle of International Rugby League it's capable of.

ledzep

Bench
we're flying up to brisbane on saturday arvo
i'm so keen to check out suncorp
should be awesome

ledzep

Bench
by the way, just went on the ticketek site:
Availability:
cat 1 licenced Available
cat 2 licenced Available
cat 3 licenced Available
cat 4 unlicenced Single seats only
cat 5 licenced Available
cat 6 unlicenced Available

JasonE

Bench
I'm flying up to Brissy on saturday for the game, can't wait.

Played there as Lang Park but haven't been since it became Suncorp.

miccle

Bench
hutch said:
brisbane must be favourites for the world cup final. they deserve it!

I think 3 tests in a row of 40k+ would well and truly rocket us into contention, but to be fair Sydney is the heart of RL and would still (hopefully) sell out the WC final.

Brisbane should get the TWO semis :)