What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20,000??

Southernsaint

Staff member
I can't find the story online anywhere, but in today's Telecrap it says that the NRL are hoping for a crowd of 20,000 for tomorrows match.

Surely there'll be a bigger crowd than that. Anything less than high 20,000's would be dissapointing, IMO...

The Colonel

Immortal
You'll probably find a lot of people would be involved in some sort of celebration for Anzac Day and that may keep them away.

Godz Illa

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Surely there'll be a bigger crowd than that. Anything less than high 20,000's would be dissapointing, IMO...
I agree, SS.

The Telecrap have tended towards over-estimating anticpated crowds recently, so perhaps they are erring on the side of caution. The notion being that readers might be reluctant to roll up on the day if they think it will be packed out.

The Colonel

Immortal
Godz Illa said:
Colonel the celebrations you speak of didn't prevent 32,270 people showing up last year.

Wasn't aware of that. If that is the case you'd hopefully expect a similar crowd - however given the Roosters current form maybe mid 20's would be more likely? ;-)

Godz Illa

Coach
True. Plus it is actually a Dragons home game, and Rooster supporters are notoriously reluctant travellers. hehehe

Southernsaint

Staff member
Another thing to consider is that it's our home game. Saints fans will turn up on the day regardless, but Easts fans might stay away...

Maybe we should play a big club next ANZAC Day?!?!

Godz Illa

Coach
Wow SS, we might be twins separated at birth - we must have matching brains or something. Are you hung like a horse too?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Father Ted said:
Super moderator's ? What next mega moderator's , ultimate moderator's .
Its a forum version of the Tower Of Babel.
eg: Father Ted, then Cardinal, then the Pope...
I don't think it goes any higher than that.

The game has drawn bigger and bigger crowds each year with the trend being that when it's a Roosters home game the increase is greater.

This is either because a significant number of Easts fans don't show up when it's not their game or because the chooks are still cooking to books when it comes to their attendances, or perhaps a bit of both.

Perhaps the ANZAC bubble has burst now, and rain is forcast, I predict 28 000.