What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2003 Grand Final Discussion

melon....

Coach
Well done Panthers, too good on the night for us. It was a great Grand Final, very close with the score not indicating the tension as the game was in the balance with 10 minutes left.

Disappointment for the Roosters fans obviously, but you cant win em all. Enjoy it Panthers, we certainly did and we'll have to smash you next year.

melon....

Coach
Well done Penrith. Enjoy your year as Premiers, we certainly did and look forward to tajing you on again next year.

i_like_footy

Juniors
yeh good on your boys
you deserved it
im glad to see that John Lang successfully brought over his "losing" culture from Cronulla to Penrith
STICK THAT UP YA ANDERSON

im sure the Cronulla officials will be banging theyre heads against a wall tonight

Kasper

Bench
woo go panthers! You are the mountain men you had a win today! I have never barracked so hard for another team. I have even changed my avatar to a penrith one. :shock: :D

Simplycheeky

Juniors
Like obviously many other fans I just wanted to say congratulations to all the players, staff and supporters! Well Done and thank God you beat those painfull bloody Roosters....Amen!
We all know that being a supporter can have its highs and lows but the winning of a premiership can make all the low times seem insignificant.
Good onya, and hope you all relish the win!
Sincerely
Simplycheeky
Knight's supporter.

ngunity

Juniors
Great stuff Penrith, I've doubted y'all all year long, but you proved yourself worthy premiers.

Priddis was a hero, he's foresight to put Rooney away and win the game was true quality. Not to mention the other 2 tries he was involved in and his 40 plus :eek: tackles !

I lost $60 in my tipping competition 'cause I thought it would be the Rooters but I cheered for the Panthers all night and thought it was an awesome game

Can't wait for season 2004 so it can Reign Cats vs the Dogs again, can't wait for that contest!!

Blocker Shaw

Juniors
yeah full credit to the panthers. didnt give u guys a chance at the beginning of the year but u came on strong in the latter half of the year. well deserved win tonight as well. have a frispy kreme on me!

and thanks for priming up scotty sattler for us! we might actually make the finals next year now!

Helen

Juniors
Knights supporter joining those wishing you congratulations.

Excellent game and a win well deserved..

Helen

Parra_Eels

Bench
yes the tackle will go down as folklore but i wish channel 9 would stop crapping on about his dad. scott now isnt "the son of john sattler" he's scott sattler.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Congratulations. You were far better than us tonight.

You are worthy Premiers & I look forward to getting our Trophy back in 2004 ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, you guys were HOT tonight! That was some good footy - a pleasure to be at the game and watch!

Congrats and enjoy the partying at Panthers tonight! (And the sore heads on Tuesday....)

Big Mick

Referee
Oh it is indescribable how I felt after the game, it was pure elation and relief.

After 12 years of hoping and wondering if this was our season to turn it around, finally we did!, we won the f**king grand final, this is brilliant, i've never felt like this. All those years, with a team that was performing so much under its potential, and finally we got the grand final. Its brilliant.

i'm sorry, i love this.

That was a cracker of a game. Take nothing away from the roosters, they played really well and through everything at us, but how good was that defence, it would certainly shut Phil Gould up, predicting we'd come wooden spoon, well that was one critic i wanted the boys to prove wrong and we did.

I couldn't be more proud to be a panther fan, this is the greatest day of my life!

Eelectrica

Referee
Congratulations Panthers. Thanks for producing one hell of a game and being a part of one of the all time great grand finals. I enjoyed every second of it.