What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Arias

HevyDevy

Coach
Panthers_God said:
I aint some idiot that just listen to the radio and goes that awsome,

Anyone else see the irony in this sentence?

What messages are they trying to convey?? Haha. What message is Ben Lee trying to convey. 'I'm crap but have managed to fool the music industry into rewarding me with a recording contract?'

Actually he's far from the worst I've heard but he's still quite dull and uninspiring.

Balmain_Boy

HevyDevy said:
Anyone else see the irony in this sentence?

What messages are they trying to convey?? Haha. What message is Ben Lee trying to convey. 'I'm crap but have managed to fool the music industry into rewarding me with a recording contract?'

Actually he's far from the worst I've heard but he's still quite dull and uninspiring.

You're misinterpreted him, either deliberately or by ignoring the context.

He meant that he doesn't just listen to stuff on the radio and decides "that's awesome" merely because it is ON the radio.

HevyDevy

Coach
Deliberately actually.

However, it's unfortunate that so many people DO form their opinions based around what they hear on the radio (I'm not accusing our young Panthers fan of doing so, but in general it is the case). As a result we have to put up with crap like the ARIAs. Woeful.

HevyDevy

Coach
I didn't say 'I', I said 'we'.

You can take that to mean 'society' or whatever but it was collective.

I don't watch it, by the way

carcharias

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
I didn't say 'I', I said 'we'.

You can take that to mean 'society' or whatever but it was collective.

I don't watch it, by the way

You seem to know a lot about something you didn't watch...
and music you don't listen to.

HevyDevy

Coach
You seem to know a lot about metal given you criticise yet later ask whether either Pantera or Mark of Cain are death metal.

My point is, I listen to all genres of music and will never write off any as worthless. Certain bands, for sure, but not genres (except Country :lol:).

You're talking about bands, some of which I enjoy, that you've never heard of. I'm talking about bands, some of which you enjoy, of which I own albums despite the fact that I believe they're crap. Yes that's right, I often come into ownsership of albums that I may have little interest in yet I will ALWAYS give them a few spins to see what happens. At times I'm even surprised to find something inspiring!

Panthers_God

Juniors
Hevy,

Whats kind of music do you listen to primarily?
Most people listen to all kinds of music and sift through it finding some good songs but you must have a fave genre or band.

HevyDevy

Coach
Of course I do and most people on this forum probably have a fair idea what that is - metal. I don't know if I have a particular metal genre that I prefer - I enjoy Black Metal as well as some traditional heavy metal and some folk stuff.

However, if you ask me to list my 10 favourite bands/musicians the list might look something like this:

Opeth
Devin Townsend
Immortal
Sting
Dave Matthews Band
Miles Davis
Alice in Chains
Van Halen
Faith No More
Jane's Addiction

More or less, anyway

Panthers_God

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
Of course I do and most people on this forum probably have a fair idea what that is - metal. I don't know if I have a particular metal genre that I prefer - I enjoy Black Metal as well as some traditional heavy metal and some folk stuff.

However, if you ask me to list my 10 favourite bands/musicians the list might look something like this:

Opeth
Devin Townsend
Immortal
Sting
Dave Matthews Band
Miles Davis
Alice in Chains
Van Halen
Faith No More
Jane's Addiction

More or less, anyway

Well it's obvious to me now why your not a huge fan of Ben Lee. :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
Higgins and Ben Lee are utter tripe
and hows Ben Lee's speeches? Go join green peace you f**king spastic... what a complete numb skull he is... at least higgins doesnt talk sh*te in her speeches

Balmain_Boy

Raider_69 said:
Higgins and Ben Lee are utter tripe
and hows Ben Lee's speeches? Go join green peace you f**king spastic... what a complete numb skull he is... at least higgins doesnt talk sh*te in her speeches

What music do you listen to?

madison

Juniors
Best part of the night was when Ja'mie gave out an award, and then yelled out that she (he) wanted to have sex with Anthony Callea

Panthers_God

Juniors
madison said:
Best part of the night was when Ja'mie gave out an award, and then yelled out that she (he) wanted to have sex with Anthony Callea

Hahahaha, that guy was funny when he did that teacher sketch on seven, with the free the refugees dance n stuff. But he sorta lost alot of my respect dressing up like a girl, thats just weird, funny, but weird.

blackfriday

Juniors
have you seen chris lilley on abc? using that same schoogirl character, he pretends to be a candidate for australian of the year by helping a refugee...who is in a detention centre. when the refugee dies she complains that it didnt live long enough for her to get the award. chris lilley captrued everything bad, unspoken of and generally nasty about australian culture in that show.

Alex28

Coach
Meh...I'm a music snob - no doubt about that.

Grinspoon - they still play the same sort of immature music, they have made it more accessable for the masses. Their early stuff was pretty cool and they are a pretty decent live band but their music has slowly got worse and worse...

Ben Lee - I just find it funny that the masses are now going on and on about how good he is just as he has dumbed down his music. Breathing Tornadoes is a pretty good album - I dont quite know why he has gone out of his way to make such awful, simple, dumb music. The only reason I can see is to make some money.

This is two examples of artists that have sold out on their integrity to go out of their way to make money rather than make music they will be proud of in 20 years time (actually Ben Lee probably will be proud of it - he's never wrong).

Knightmare

Coach
blackfriday said:
have you seen chris lilley on abc? using that same schoogirl character, he pretends to be a candidate for australian of the year by helping a refugee...who is in a detention centre. when the refugee dies she complains that it didnt live long enough for her to get the award. chris lilley captrued everything bad, unspoken of and generally nasty about australian culture in that show.

:LOL: My flatmate and I loved the bogans on that show: "I just did a poo! And I didn't flush!". Weirdly enough, I thought Chris looked pretty sexy as the school girl :?