What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Grand Final

Kiwi

First Grade
What is the obsession with "traditional" rivals? I'd rather have the two best performing teams play in a grand final, knowing there is a better chance of it being a ripper game, than two "traditional" rivals play in a poor game.

mickdo

Coach
Quite a few of the traditional rivals are in pretty good form atm, so I don't think that is a problem...

kickback

Juniors
Broncos v Cowboys

Broncos dont have the injurys like other years, and webke is not playing rep footy
Cowboys have tellent all over the field

I dont think Manly have what it takes to get there, they are playing good footy but i think they will break soon, time will tell.

Parra i dont think have the team yet, maybe next year.

Storm could be a dark horse come the back end of the season, they have the team but they have to play like a team.

Roosters dont have the team or the coach

Bulldogs are gone

I cannot see the Broncos missing the GF this year....

So.....

Broncos V Manly, Cowboys, Dragons, or sharkies(*choke*)

Cant see anyone else being in the hunt.

eels_fan

First Grade
The grand finalists will come from Brisbane, Cowboys, Parra and Saints IMO ...

the form from the previous 28 rounds will mean diddley come the grand final qualifiers ... whoever shows up on the day will make it...

I'd love to see Parra V Dragons but i'll take Parra V Anyone!!

Mr Saab

Referee
eels_fan said:
the form from the previous 28 rounds will mean diddley come the grand final qualifiers ... whoever shows up on the day will make it...

28 rounds? well teams only play 24 games.

Jono078

Referee
ausraider said:
Good on you Timbo
Bring on the whole world.J Smith will handle them.

I rate Jason Smith pretty highly (Higher than Lockyer for anyone interested...) And I hope he continues next season, I would love to see him at 100% go against Johns at 100% :).

I dunno, I like to have a team I dislike in there like Manly, Roosters or the Broncos.

Failing Wests making it, I'd be happy with Saints or Parra v Manly, Roosters, Broncos.

aids

Bench
jono078 said:
I rate Jason Smith pretty highly (Higher than Lockyer for anyone interested...) And I hope he continues next season, I would love to see him at 100% go against Johns at 100% :).

the 2001 grand final?

PanthersChik

Juniors
Well being a panthers supporter, of course I would love to see the panthers in the GF. But..............sad to say it looks like it wont happen. :?
So I reckon the cowboys will be in the GF......:) as they are playing rather well. So we shall see.... :)

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Dragons Cross said:
I'd like to see Dragons v Souths or Knights, should be a walkover.

They wouldn't be walkovers because they would need to win almost all of thier remaining games so they would be a very big challenge.