What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Ladder

Langers

Juniors
JamesWebster's#1fan said:
lack of halves situation I think they may struggle.

Your really not a warrior follower are you?? we have Fein, Jones, Hohaia, Ropati and not to mention a whole batercard comp to look forward to.
I meant to say QUALITY halves. None of those guys have shown any sort of consistent form recently over a 10 -15 game period.

strong_latte

Juniors
1.Roosters (here's hoping)
2.Knights (I'm expecting a big surge next year)
3.North QLD Cowboys (very impressive lately)
4.Melbourne Storm
5.Canterbury Bulldogs
6.Wests Tigers (showed alot of promise at times)
7.Penrith Panthers
8.St George/Illawarra Dragons
9.Parramatta Eels
10.New Zealand Warriors
11.Canberra Raiders
12.South Sydney Rabbitohs (did look alot better than 2003)
13.Cronulla Sharks
14.Brisbane Broncos :twisted:
15.Manly Sea Eagles (and deservedly so :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: )

Davester

Juniors
strong_latte said:
1.Roosters (here's hoping)
2.Knights (I'm expecting a big surge next year)
3.North QLD Cowboys (very impressive lately)
4.Melbourne Storm
5.Canterbury Bulldogs
6.Wests Tigers (showed alot of promise at times)
7.Penrith Panthers
8.St George/Illawarra Dragons
9.Parramatta Eels
10.New Zealand Warriors
11.Canberra Raiders
12.South Sydney Rabbitohs (did look alot better than 2003)
13.Cronulla Sharks
14.Brisbane Broncos :twisted:
15.Manly Sea Eagles (and deservedly so :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: )

Finally someone who has faith in the Tigers :clap:

borat

Bench
greentooth said:
Wow i can't beleive how many are tipping the raiders for the spoon. We have dynamite backline for next year and if O'hara and Weyman step up we'll have a powerful forward pack. The halves are again out major concern. With a bit a confidence we can easily make the top 8 again.

A dynamite backline hey?

Correct me if I am missing anyone but the Raiders backline may look something like:

1. Schifcofske
2. Chalk
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Graham
6. McLinden
7. Carney

Do you seriously think this is a dynamite backline? Are there any supporters of other teams that thinks this backline is going to trouble them?

Mclinden puts is a dangerous perfomance 1 in 5 games. Schicofske is solid in defence, Frawley only got a run in first grade at the broncos when they had injuries. Am I missing something here?

Your backline is the reason people are tipping the Raiders for the spoon. The Raiders have always had fairly strong forwards but even this will definietly be weakend with the loss of Wiki & Davico.

Langers

Juniors
I doubt very much Manly will get the spoon. We never have received it during our proud history and if we were ever going to it would have been season 04' when we couldn't afford to spend anywhere near the salary cap.

Greenblooded

Juniors
Well for a start Frawley was starting all year until he got injured. Schif defence only?? your dreaming. Anyway I couldn't give a crap about other peoples opinion of the Raiders.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Greenblooded said:
Well for a start Frawley was starting all year until he got injured. Schif defence only?? your dreaming. Anyway I couldn't give a crap about other peoples opinion of the Raiders.
You hardly have a dynamite backline (not saying its not good, but 'dynamite' is a word reserved for...say the Roosters backline ;-) ), but one player who could really turn out the goods for you as you no doubt know, is Jermaine Ale. He's been awesome in the Roosters Flegg Juggernaught and im looking forward to seeing him on Sundy.

Hope we didnt make the wrong move by signinig mona's and letting this youngster go. :cry:

Eels Dude

Coach
1. Bulldogs
2. Roosters
3. Cowboys
4. Brisbane
5. Melbourne
6. Penrith
7. Dragons
8. Parramatta
9. Newcastle
10. Tigers
11. Cronulla
12. Souths
13. Warriors
14. Canberra
15. Manly

Greenblooded

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Greenblooded said:
You hardly have a dynamite backline (not saying its not good, but 'dynamite' is a word reserved for...say the Roosters backline ;-) ), but one player who could really turn out the goods for you as you no doubt know, is Jermaine Ale. He's been awesome in the Roosters Flegg Juggernaught and im looking forward to seeing him on Sundy.

Hope we didnt make the wrong move by signinig mona's and letting this youngster go. :cry:

If you look back at the posts, I never stated our backline was going to be dynamic (although I can dream :D ) I was taking offence to the comment that our backline would not trouble any other team.

borat

Bench
Greenblooded said:

You would like to think that. Frawley only battled with Kelly for a wing spot when all of Berrigan, Devere & Tate were playing. And Kelly won that battle most of the time. Frawley got most of his games due to injuries to the other three starters. But when all were onboard it was usually off to the Clydesdales for Frawley.

Its the annual whinge from Matt Elliott and raiders supporters about Schicofske not getting the recognition he deserves and he should be QLD fullback. But at the end of the day he is now well past his prime and a so so fullback. He is 4th choice fullback for QLD behind Wesser, Slater & Bowen and would be 5th choice if Lokyer wanted the spot back.

greentooth

Juniors
I wasn't including 6&7 when i said that. But Chalke and Graham are try scoring machines. Chalke scored what, 7 tries in 3 games? plus I would take Mogg or Frawley over todd byrne or chris walker any day.

Greenblooded

Juniors
borat said:
Greenblooded said:

You would like to think that. Frawley only battled with Kelly for a wing spot when all of Berrigan, Devere & Tate were playing. And Kelly won that battle most of the time. Frawley got most of his games due to injuries to the other three starters. But when all were onboard it was usually off to the Clydesdales for Frawley.

Its the annual whinge from Matt Elliott and raiders supporters about Schicofske not getting the recognition he deserves and he should be QLD fullback. But at the end of the day he is now well past his prime and a so so fullback. He is 4th choice fullback for QLD behind Wesser, Slater & Bowen and would be 5th choice if Lokyer wanted the spot back.

Mate you are geniused, what annual whinge are you harping on about, where in that post did I say Schif should be QLD fullback, take some pills buddy :roll:

borat

Bench
greentooth said:
I wasn't including 6&7 when i said that. But Chalke and Graham are try scoring machines. Chalke scored what, 7 tries in 3 games? plus I would take Mogg or Frawley over todd byrne or chris walker any day.

You have a point there. Its all theoretical anyway and usually a team thats not expected to do that well comes from nowhere like the Cowboys or Canberra & Melbourne in 03.

Its just the Raiders went from 16 wins and 8 losses in 03 to 11 wins and 13 losses. Plus with loosing argueably your best players in Monaghan, Wiki & Davico its easy to assume the Raiders are going backwards.

However the good news I have for you is that this time last year I predicted the Warriors would win the premiership 04. :shock:

1.Penrith -
2.Bulldgs - will struggle without price but will still be a threat
3.Roosters- will struggle with out fittler and will struggle if firman or finch gets injured
4.Tigers - 2005 surprise packets who ever said sattler would be a big loss is wrong he missed nearly 100 tackles this year while Galea had an awesome series so im guessing most of u people that picked us too finish outside the 8 dont rate Galea?
5.Dragons
6.Nth Qld - will get even better with kerr and thurston
7.Brisbane - i made the mistake of counting them out last year i aint doing it again :p
8.Manly - this side has some great talent i think they will go far
9.Melbourne - kearney is a huge loss a lot will depend on how scott and feeney go
10.Newcastle - but only if johns gets injured if he doesnt final 8 for sure
11.N.Z - will improve but buying 2 ageing forwards might not help the club
12.Cronulla
13.Canberra - bought some old players too add exsperence will get close def dark horse
14.Parramatta - 1/2 seems the problem esp if they get rid of witt
15.Souths - yeah again but i cant see much difference between 6th and 15th

Kiwi

First Grade
Frawley only got a run in first grade at the broncos when they had injuries. Am I missing something here?

Actually Frawley was our first choice winger, and was in fine form up till he got injured, every Bronco fan didn't want him to leave.

Kiwi

First Grade

Actually that was only at the beginning of the year, if you're gonna comment of a team you don't support, research it first. Up untill Frawley and Devere got injured they were both the first choice wingers. Apart from the first few rounds when Frawley was finding his form, Frawley was our best winger form wise, and would have been the first winger picked next year.

Latest posts