What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Ladder

Langers

Juniors
TIGERPies said:
what have the raiders fans got to look forwards to next year, hmmm maybe the brumbies might go okay in super 12s hmmm thinking.....

:idea: not much have fun with manly battling for some wood
I would be completely shocked if Souths don't win the spoon again.

TIGERPies

Juniors
dominate with what?> who have u got in that pez pack of forwards that can be classified as dominant?

:lol: manly

Kris_man

Bench
Colonel Eel said:
Make it 2006 and I think you'll have a winner. 2005 will hopefully be the year he [Todd Carney] gains the confidence and poise needed to lead a team in first grade.
i totally agree. as much as i'd like to think otherwise, it's very unlikely that he'll do anything spectacular in 2005 - i think other Raiders fans are over-hyping the bloke. then again, Matthew Head came from obscurity in 2003 to be one of the leading halfbacks of the comp in 2004, and Joe Williams did extremely well in his first season of first grade. maybe Carney will shine in 2005, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Greenblooded

Juniors
TIGERPies said:
what have the raiders fans got to look forwards to next year, hmmm maybe the brumbies might go okay in super 12s hmmm thinking.....

Mate looking forward to the following year is all Tigers fans ever have :roll:

Come back when you ever make the finals :roll:

Greenblooded

Juniors
TIGERPies said:

Mate looking forward to the following year is all Tigers fans ever have :roll:

Come back when you ever make the finals :roll:

Langers

Juniors
TIGERPies said:
summernats is on in canberra maybe theres that
Your pretty cocky for a guy who supports a club with absolutely nothing so show for themselves in recent times, when was the last time West, Balmain or Wests Tigers achieved anything even remotely significant. :lol: (The Sevens tourny doesn't count) :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
Langers said:
TIGERPies said:
summernats is on in canberra maybe theres that
Your pretty cocky for a guy who supports a club with absolutely nothing so show for themselves in recent times, when was the last time West, Balmain or Wests Tigers achieved anything even remotely significant. :lol: (The Sevens tourny doesn't count) :D

well balmain lost to canberra in arguably the greatest grandfinal ever in 89... does that count? :D :lol:

as greenblooded said, come back to me when you've played some finals footy

TIGERPies

Juniors
alright mate whens the last time manly did 1996 thats eight years now, i may aswell dig up our premiership from 1968

and we won the sevens, which is one more trophy than manly or the northern eagles have achieved this current decade.

Just coz your golden era has been and gone (like balmain in the 90s) get over it

TIGERPies

Juniors
whilst on canberra your travelling supporters group after the burrow is the biggest buch of drongos travelling

(and no im not bitter about 89)

t-ba

Post Whore
:lol: . Atleast we got a premiership. Didn't the Parramatta Stadium playing "Sydney Tigers" collect a spoon in 1994?

Langers

Juniors
TIGERPies said:
alright mate whens the last time manly did 1996 thats eight years now, i may aswell dig up our premiership from 1968

and we won the sevens, which is one more trophy than manly or the northern eagles have achieved this current decade.

Just coz your golden era has been and gone (like balmain in the 90s) get over it
Manly have had to fight their way through the ARL/Super League War and Northern Eagles merger which financially crippled what was a very strong club on and off the field. We are only now just starting to get back on our feet. What's your excuse?

borat

Bench
I am struggling to understand why people are taking offence to any of these 2005 Ladders. If anyone was truely able to predict this accurately they would be a rich man because think of the odds at predicting the whole table. I would say there is probably one Nostradamus amongst us and the rest are not going to be close. So, my advice is if the team you support is tipped for the spoon you should be happy, because the chances of that prediction being right are very slim.

There is always going to be the team that looks crap on paper that performs way above their ability and vice versa.

TIGERPies

Juniors
well its not because my club didnt have arko to "gag" on thats for sure. Or the we had to prop up the bears excuse.
We got no excuse were coasting.

golden era gone manly got nothing

14manly
15Canberra

or maybe the other way around

eelsta

Bench
Langers said:
TIGERPies said:

Manly have had to fight their way through the ARL/Super League War and Northern Eagles merger which financially crippled what was a very strong club on and off the field. We are only now just starting to get back on our feet. What's your excuse?

lets not all forget that manly could have jumped ship and gone to :lol: super :lol: league but they didnt did they so lets give them credit for that

TIGERPies

Juniors
credit for what?

sorry i dont see super league as an arch nemisis more something that was necessary.

fish

Juniors

Just a few years difference wacko :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last time both teams were in a GF......Ummmmm Manly was in 97,how bout you guys 89 was it. :clap:

Embroided under the tigers badge on the jersey "just wait till next year" :lol: :lol:

TIGERPies

Juniors
i never said that well probably go the same as this year, regardless below us will be manly and canberra.

Kiwi

First Grade
borat said:
Kiwi said:
Ok fine I will do your job for you, you are the one who made the assumption and should be proving your right, not me proving your wrong, but when i get a chance I will "research it".

Your the one claiming I am wrong. I did my "job" as you call it, I don't post about things I am not sure of.
you showed no proof, just gave your opinion, you showed nothing to prove you were right.

so lets see

Round 1

Devere, Kelly

Round 2

Devere, Kelly

Round 3

Devere, Frawley, Kelly off the bench

Round 4

Devere, Kelly, Frawley off the bench

Round 5

Devere, Frawley

Round 6

Devere, Frawley

Round 7

Devere, Tony/Tate ( Kelly and Frawley injured )

round 8

Devere, Frawley

Round 9

Devere, Frawley, Kelly off the bench

Round 10

Kelly, Frawley wings, Devere centre

Round 11

Round 12

Round 13

Frawley, Minto, Devere centre

From this point Frawley played every match up till he got injured

So as you'll see, Frawley came into the side in round 3, pushing Kelly to the bench, got dropped to the bench round 4, then forced his way back into the side, only missing round 7 with an injury till his season ending injury. So from round 3 Frawley never left the top 17 unless injured.

Now it's good to see you do your research, cause it's plain to see Frawley was in and out of the Broncos side getting dropped to Toowoomba on a regular basis for Kelly ( please note sarcasm ).

Thank you have a nice day.