What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Ladder

aids

Bench
merged teams should only really talk about the past since that teams creation.

so far wests tigers have had an ordinary run.
a strong start to the first year and then dropped their bundle in the middle.
since then they have been solid under-performers, with excpetion of the 2004 year when they looked to be improving with a few injuries after the half way mark of the year showing they lack depth.

saints/illawarra have had a good run, making the grandfinal and losing it by two points in their first year.
since then they have pretty much been in the top 8 every year since.
so it's a safe bet they'll be back their next year.

however both these teams can claim titles, however i think they lose there shine after 10 or 15 years.

so maybe being happy about winning a grand final before is somethign to be happy about, me i look to the future.
and i think 2005 will be the year of the underdog, and i expect cowboys, souths, tigers to all have good years.

althought i do have doubts about my team(tigers), but i think anyone who's team finshed less than fourth will feel the same way.

greentooth

Juniors
Kris_man said:
Colonel Eel said:
Make it 2006 and I think you'll have a winner. 2005 will hopefully be the year he [Todd Carney] gains the confidence and poise needed to lead a team in first grade.
i totally agree. as much as i'd like to think otherwise, it's very unlikely that he'll do anything spectacular in 2005 - i think other Raiders fans are over-hyping the bloke. then again, Matthew Head came from obscurity in 2003 to be one of the leading halfbacks of the comp in 2004, and Joe Williams did extremely well in his first season of first grade. maybe Carney will shine in 2005, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

I agree. How many players have the raiders labeled "the next big thing", in the last 10 years. Doesn't anyone remember Royston Lightning or Jason Ferris or Andrew mcfadden?. Mark Mclinden was rookie of the year in 98 but hasn't become the superstar he was suppose to. So i wouldn't get my hopes up for this Carney fellow just yet.

Raider_69

Post Whore
greentooth said:
Kris_man said:
Colonel Eel said:
Make it 2006 and I think you'll have a winner. 2005 will hopefully be the year he [Todd Carney] gains the confidence and poise needed to lead a team in first grade.
i totally agree. as much as i'd like to think otherwise, it's very unlikely that he'll do anything spectacular in 2005 - i think other Raiders fans are over-hyping the bloke. then again, Matthew Head came from obscurity in 2003 to be one of the leading halfbacks of the comp in 2004, and Joe Williams did extremely well in his first season of first grade. maybe Carney will shine in 2005, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

I agree. How many players have the raiders labeled "the next big thing", in the last 10 years. Doesn't anyone remember Royston Lightning or Jason Ferris or Andrew mcfadden?. Mark Mclinden was rookie of the year in 98 but hasn't become the superstar he was suppose to. So i wouldn't get my hopes up for this Carney fellow just yet.

None of those have had as much success in junior ranks as Carney has, he is the goods, dont you worry about that

Atleast we got a premiership. Didn't the Parramatta Stadium playing "Sydney Tigers" collect a spoon in 1994?

nope that was the balmain tigers we didnt change too sydney tigers till 2005 which we had a good season(well good cause everyone thought we would get the spoon again:p)
also balmain had this same problem of everyone predicting they would finish last since 94 and not once after t hat did we get the spoon so we will just have too prove most of u's wrong when we make the 8 :p

perverse

Referee
Greenblooded said:
Mate looking forward to the following year is all Tigers fans ever have :roll:

Come back when you ever make the finals :roll:
*waiting for a tigers fan to come back*

Harold Bishop said:
Jeeze the tiger fans get really mad when you put their team towards the bottom of the ladder.. Someone has to come last, and Tigers have had pretty poor recruitments for next year.

:thumb

Love these prediction threads...

Raider_69

Post Whore
This was mine:

1 Bulldogs - wrong
2 Panthers - wrong
3 Roosters - wrong
4 Broncos - right enough for me haha
5 Dragons - that too considering my top 3 faultered
6 Cowboys - yea there abouts
7 Storm - yea pretty right there
8 Raiders - still a faint hope but not really
9 Tigers - underestimated abit but meh get that
10 Warriors - about right
11 Knights - wrong
12 Eels - way wrong
13 Sharks - pretty wrong
14 Sea Eagles - way wrong
15 Rabbitohs - pretty spot on

LUKEY said:
I think if anybody will struggle next year it will be the roosters. You watch Finchy fall apart like he did when Daley left the raiders.

1. BULLDOGS
2. STORM
3. DRAGONS
4. RAIDERS
5. MANLY
6. COWBOYS
7. PANTHERS
8. ROOSTERS
9. WARRIORS
10. KNIGHTS
11. SHARKS
12. RABBITS
13. BRONCOS
14. TIGERS
15. PARRA

A few suprises lets just wait and see.
I hope the dogs smash the rooster and freddy. :evil:

lol

I want this blokes tips for 2006.

The bottom 3........

brooksy19

Bench
Raider_69 said:
well balmain lost to canberra in arguably the greatest grandfinal ever in 89... does that count? :D :lol:

as greenblooded said, come back to me when you've played some finals footy

Hi there im back. Where is Canberra? I think we left the behind a few weeks ago on 22 points.

Hurriflatch

Referee
t-ba said:
Anyways
1-Brisbane
2-Canterbury
3-Melbourne
4-Penrith
5-Sydney City
6-North QLD
7-St George-Illawarra
8-Wests Tigers
9-Newcastle
10-New Zealand
11-Parramatta
12-Manly
13-Cronulla
14-Souths
15-Canberra

Wooden Spooners will collect 18 premiership points. The first 5 will be dominant, 6-11 will fight out for the 8.

Got the order a bit wrong but could be proven to be correct with this statement

Hurriflatch

Referee
I noticed a lot of people had Parra finishing 10-15 and saying the Eels had no halves

bet that humble pie tastes nice about now

aussies1st

Staff member
Well who would have thought the Eels would play so well. They had a new halfback, Dykes who was crap at the Sharks.