What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 NRL TEAMS AND PREDICTIONS

shadowboxer

First Grade
good topic.

alot of time on ones hands and it will be interesting to see how the first 5 rounds go.

AzzA84

Juniors
These are the lastest prices for the 2005 premiership...2/1/05

01 Bulldogs Add to Calc $3.00
  02 Sydney Roosters Add to Calc $5.50
  03 St George Illawarra Add to Calc $7.50
  04 Penrith Add to Calc $9.00
  05 Brisbane Add to Calc $13.00
  06 Newcastle Add to Calc $15.00
  07 North Queensland Add to Calc $15.00
  08 Melbourne Add to Calc $17.00
  09 Parramatta Add to Calc $21.00
  10 Cronulla Add to Calc $23.00
  11 New Zealand Add to Calc $26.00
  12 Canberra Add to Calc $51.00
  13 Wests Tigers Add to Calc $67.00
  14 Manly Add to Calc $67.00
  15 Souths Add to Calc $126.00

AzzA84

Juniors
How can you say the warriors arent good value to take out the title at $26 they have a very strong team all over.

2005 Team – Coach Tony Kemp

1. Brent Webb (very dymanic player who wont have as much presure this year as he wont have the reponsibility of always having to spark something can play his nature game)

2. Francis Meli (a try scoring machine when he is on fire, i still have nightmares of the warriors v bulldogs 2003 qualifying final where he carved us up and scored 5 tries he is a big strong winger)

3. Clinton Toopi (needs to get his comfidence back and with plays like Price and Wiki keeping him focused and in line could find his sparkling 2002 form where he was brilliant)

4. Vinnie Anderson (solid player who will do a good job in the centres)

5. Todd Byrne (a good buy from the roosters has always been a good player and should have always had a wing spot ahead of the shirt grabing pansy Walker)

6. Nathan Fien (a real quality buy, he was killing it for NQ in the finals and him and Jones should form a lethal combination if they both get it right)

7. Stacey Jones (a class player if he can find his old form watch out as he was one of the best and still probably is if he gets his confidence back.

8. Steve Price (c) (a legend on & off the field, did the bulldogs 12 years of loyal service & i personally was very sad to see him leave the mighty bulldogs he is great bloke and player who wouldnt let you down)

9. Louis Anderson (seemed to show he was pretty good value in the new zealand test side)

10. Richard Villasanti (was a top player in 2003 if he can find that form again watch out)

11. Ruben Wiki (a gun player who will bring out the best in the warriors next year, a super quality buy like Price, a real hard working, big hitting, great forward)

12. Awen Guttenbeil (a good player who can really put on the big hits, should come into his own with a quality pack around him)

13. Monty Betham (honestly i dont think he should be in the starting side but im sure he will be, so hopefully he serves the warriors well)

14. Iafeta Palea’asina (a super strong runner of the ball a real powerhouse who can bust em up, and with the guidence of Price and Wiki i can only see him improve)

15. Wairangi Koopu (a decent hard working player who can hold his own)

16. Sione Faumunia (lost his way abit in 2004 like many others but is quite talented if he finds his form he is a very good player)

17. Karl Temata (havent seen much of him so can say...)

All in all i think the warriors have a top backline of speed, power and skill, the halves are both quality halves in there own right, the forward pack is very strong and now have the guidence of Price and Wiki which was lacking last year, and there bench is nothing to sneeze at so all in all i think they are really worth the $26 as they are quality team who i think can beat anyone next year and im certain going to be nervous again when the bulldogs play the warriors as i was from 01-03

SOULS 04

Juniors
ive started on my return az but it will prolly take a couple of days mate

ive done your top 4 so far and will keep going tomorrow.,... maybe

fatshark

Bench
How can you say the warriors arent good value to take out the title at $26 they have a very strong team all over.
To unpredictable. After 04 , theyd be lucky to make the top 8.

AzzA84

Juniors
warriors will make the 8 in 2005...they do have what it takes, i cant see a weak link in the forwards or backs, cant wait for the bulldogs to take on the warriors its always a good match up and should be a cracker, first hitup price takes up the ball for the warriors and is smashed by his oppisite number in BIG WILLIE MASON...cant wait.

fillapop

Juniors
Weaknesses – The loss of some key players in Ryan Girdler, Amos Roberts, Paul Whatuira, Martin Lang and Richard Fa’aoso may test there depth

ypu said Fa'aoso was one of their key players yet u dont even put him on the bench for the roosters...i think hw will make the bench..him webb and catic will have a on goin battle for the two bench spots...i know thats nothing big but thats the only mistake i could find

AzzA84

Juniors
Tru i agree, so you reakon stuart webb will be gone and Fa'aoso will be on the bench, i seriously totally forgot about him actually to tell you the truth. Cheers

Iafeta

Referee
Azza mate, you can put Matty Rua back in the Warriors side, he is officially signed after all. Personally I think he'll be playing in Bartercard to regather his form/fitness after the lay off.

As for the side itself, you're fairly close I suspect - 1 Webb 2 Byrne 3 Anderson 4 Toopi 5 Meli 6 Ropati 7 Jones 8 Paleaaesina 9 Fein 10 Price (c) 11 Wiki 12 Guttenbeil 13 Betham Bench Faumuina Koopu Villasanti L Anderson

From the reports I'm getting, that'd be about the team that'll start off. Personally, I would have Ropati to #3, Fein to #6, Vinnie Anderson to #12, Louis Anderson to #9, and Latu to be 18th man.

AzzA84

Juniors
Iafeta, your team looks good, and i rate the warriors highly for this year as you have seen in previous post, regardless of what others think, i think the warriors will kill it, and be a force like in 2002/2003, i for one, am very much looking forward to the bulldogs v warriors match but, seeing as its straight after origin 3, i think we could be up for a loss, due to the fact that, Ryan, Tonga, Mason and O'Meley will probably be backing up and you may only have Price backing up, and our backing up record isnt crash hot, regardless of that it will be a cracker.

GO THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS!!!