What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 player movements

RainMan

Juniors
legend said:
Piss weak defender with little to no stamina. A liability for the Dogs and a fringe first grader at best.

He went missing in action after Leulai put that hit on him.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I find it laughable that so many teams are 'double buying' ala Cronulla buying Hutch. Why buy players that aren't going to be in the starting line-up, something you'd expect joining a new club. That, and you increase your depth in one position and end up with none in other positions - an injury and that position will have to be filled by a lil guy from VBPL. Buy in your weak positions Clubs! Don't stock up on positions that are already filled!

Jimmy Rabbit

Juniors
Briza said:
Joe Williams to Manly 3 yr deal, signing on Monday.
You're half right Briza.

He's signed for three years - but with Souths (at least that's what I've been told second hand tonight). :lol:

groggo

Juniors
Lyon may return
By Barry Toohey
July 8, 2004

FORMER Parramatta Test centre Jamie Lyon has for the first time signalled a possible return to the NRL next season despite admitting he is loving every minute of his stint back in country football.

Lyon ... loving country football.
Lyon has single-handedly turned the Wee Waa Panthers into the most talked-about club in the bush since returning to his home town after his much-publicised split with the Eels.

And he has done it without purposely chasing any of the limelight or fanfare for himself.

The 22-year-old star has predictably been an instant hit in the Group 4 competition after he was reluctantly granted a release more than a month ago.

Since resuming his playing career, the Panthers have not tasted defeat in five matches with Lyon at five-eighth.

Over that period, he has scored an astonishing 120 points with seven tries and 46 goals for an average haul of 24 points a game.

A fortnight ago against Narrabri, Lyon contributed 46 points with a hat-trick of tries and 17 goals from 19 attempts in the Panthers' 110-4 win.

"Mate I am loving it - probably even a bit more than I thought I would," Lyon said last night.

"I love being back out here. The footy has been good and we have been winning a few games."

Asked whether he still had the desire to play at the top level back in Sydney, Lyon said: "Maybe next year, I don't really know.

"I haven't really been watching too many games. But I still think I wouldn't mind giving it another go down there.

"Whether it is back at Parra or somewhere else I don't know. I'd have to get a full release [from the Eels] to play somewhere else.

"It all comes down to how we [the Panthers] go at the end of the year and how I'm feeling at the time.

"I haven't really talked about it with anyone yet."

Wee Waa captain-coach Matt Hogan has no doubts Lyon would pick up where he left off in Sydney if he eventually went back.

"It is a privilege to play alongside him," Hogan said. "All the boys think the same way. The thing with Lyonsy is he is not a selfish player. He never overplays his hand.

"I've got him at five-eighth and he has set up a lot more tries than he has scored himself. Blokes just running off his passes - stuff like that.

"And he has been banging the goals over from everywhere. Parramatta mustn't have known he could kick."

But Lyon's on-field impact is only half the story according to Group 4 secretary Ross Hamilton.

Hamilton says there is a real buzz around the Group with him back playing locally.

"He is creating enormous interest wherever he goes," Hamilton said.

"People just want to see him play.

"A couple of weeks ago when they played Norths in Tamworth, they had a crowd there which was on par with last season's major semi-final.

"And they tell me in Moree last Sunday it was the biggest crowd they have had there for many years.

"He has also been a big hit with all the kids just by signing autographs and taking the time to have a chat to them.

"He is a real talking point everywhere - that's for sure."

Eels close in on Tahu, Morrison

The Daily Telegraph

Latest posts