What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 player movements

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wiki :arrow: Warriors confirmed. Three year deal with prospects of development role after retirement.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Raiders 2004 said:
Nz coach i'd say. he would be good too. :cry:
It can't be that as the NZ coach is employed by the NZRL not the Warriors. That would be like the Broncos appointing the Qld coach.

Azkatro

First Grade
I should add the following:

Nathan Fien :arrow: Warriors for 3 years (sorry if this is a repeat)
Brent McConnell :arrow: Cowboys for 2 years

Brent McConnell is a 23yo halfback who plays for the Burleigh Bears, is current equal leading try scorer in the QLD Cup and coming second in the QLD Cup Player of the Year award.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/LatestNews.asp?LatestNewsID=353

legend

Coach
Another very good signing in Justin Smith. If he can stay healthy, he will be an excellent replacement for Morrison IMO.

Well done Cowboys.

Kaz

junior
Tahu has agreed to a three year deal with the Eels with an option for a further year.

Souce radio.

Parraren

Bench
Parramatta have officially announced the signings of: Tahu - Robinson - Stringer

09/07/04
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce that players Timana Tahu, Chad Robinson and Paul Stringer have agreed to terms to join the Club.

Tahu has agreed to a three year deal with the option for a further year, whilst Robinson and Stringer have agreed to two year deals.

legend

Coach
I heard Morrison has agreed as well.

Does this mean Adam Dykes and Jamie Lyon will be released from their contracts to free up some space?

Gret looking pack for next year but the backline still has a lot of questions that need answering.

The Colonel

Immortal
legend said:
I heard Morrison has agreed as well.

Does this mean Adam Dykes and Jamie Lyon will be released from their contracts to free up some space?

Dykes possibly - but as Lyon has agreed to the release and has told the club he won't be back next year (had to before June 30) they were able to use that money on Tahu.

Escaped Lyon evades captivity and will spend 2005 in exile
By Steve Mascord and Brad Walter
July 9, 2004

Jamie Lyon has told Parramatta he will not return to the NRL next season. Lyon, who is under contract to the Eels until 2007, must tell the club by June 30 each year of his intentions for the next season and his agent Allan Gainey said Eels officials had been advised last week that the 22-year-old wanted to play only for Wee Waa. The Eels then upped their offer to Newcastle's Timana Tahu, who is expected to sign today, but they haven't given up completely on Lyon returning in 2006.

Latest posts