What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Raiders Line-up

thickos

First Grade
Shit ay I didnt even see Lockyer, Head, Buderus et al in that team.... the presence of the two Hindy's caught my eye first! :!: :!: :!: #-o

reptar.... do you want to be our salary cap manager :)

reptar

Juniors
No.

But I'd be happy to be special advisor to the NRL Salary Cap Review committee.

I also think that we should get the ATO on board with the Raiders. In a completely unofficial capacity, of course, but the ATO, as third-party sponsors, will forget to audit player's tax returns.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Nathan Smith/Marshall Chalk/Matt Gafa
3. Phil Graham
4. Adam Mogg
5. Craig Frawley

6. Jason Smith
7. Mark McLinden

13. Jason Crocker
12. Ian Hindmarsh
11. Michael Hodgson
10. Michael Weyman
9. Simon Woolford (C)
8. Ryan O'Hara

14. Josh Miller
15. Matt Adamson
16. Ben Cross
17. Terry Campese/Todd Carney

Raider_69

Post Whore
Looking good Magpie Mick, except replace Troy Thompson with Ben Cross and Terry Martin with Alan Tongue/Alan Rothery/Matt Adamson

Tidus_Raider

Bench
kris_man said:
also, Tidus - i notice you left Mogg out (btw, i did too). what were your reasons for this? do you think, like me, that he's a hog? and inconsistent?

I just think that Frawley, Graham and even Ale are better prospects. The guy is a solid first grader but he hardly lights the world on fire. I prefer more strike power outwide and I dont think he has that try scoring instinct that we need. I would have Lolesi back over him anyday.

Edwahu

Bench
Which games have you guys been watching? Mogg created most of our tries this year and is easily our most dangerous back. His defence is the problem and he gets targeted big time but he will still be the first threequarter picked next year.

Kris_man

Bench
Tidus_Raider said:
kris_man said:
also, Tidus - i notice you left Mogg out (btw, i did too). what were your reasons for this? do you think, like me, that he's a hog? and inconsistent?

I just think that Frawley, Graham and even Ale are better prospects. The guy is a solid first grader but he hardly lights the world on fire. I prefer more strike power outwide and I dont think he has that try scoring instinct that we need. I would have Lolesi back over him anyday.
excellent, i have an ally in the anti-Mogg campaign (great defender, but zero spark). its funny, because most of you think the opposite: great attacker but poor defender.

azza

Juniors
Edwahu said:
Which games have you guys been watching? Mogg created most of our tries this year and is easily our most dangerous back. His defence is the problem and he gets targeted big time but he will still be the first threequarter picked next year.

Um... that's not exactly hard in our team.

Anonymous

Juniors
Has anyone noticed what's going on here?

The anti-Moggies are saying he's a great defender with no attacking prowess.

The pro-Moggies are saying he's a great attacker with defencive issues.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
Timbo said:
Has anyone noticed what's going on here?

The anti-Moggies are saying he's a great defender with no attacking prowess.

The pro-Moggies are saying he's a great attacker with defencive issues.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
exactly, :lol: , that's what i mentioned. i am bedazzled that people say Mogg is a bad defender #-o , because he's a great one-on-one defender, but i really think that we've got much better attackers in the team. like i said before, i don't think he's totally crap - i wouldn't mind having him on the wing (with Phil inside him in attack, and Mogg defending as centre), but i do think he's a bit of a hog. i think he was hopeless in 2003 apart from the great game he had against the Roosters in rd 26, and he hasn't done enough this year for me to start believing that hes' a good player. he always gets in and does those annoying dummy-half runs, and although that suits Elliott's game plans to a tee, i don't like them.

Edwahu

Bench
Why do you think oppositions targeted Moggs side of the park so heavily, especially in the last 10 or so weeks? Its not because he is a great defender.

Kris_man

Bench
Edwahu said:
Why do you think oppositions targeted Moggs side of the park so heavily, especially in the last 10 or so weeks? Its not because he is a great defender.
i didn't see him miss many tackles. i think it's more to do with our "compressed defence" which was brought up somewhere else. by the time the opposition gets the ball outwide, there's usually an overlap of more than one man, and there's not much moggy or anyone else can do about it. right now i think: mogg = blunt attacking weapon + top defender. if you're tight abuot his defence, it would change to: mogg = blunt attacking weapon + poor defender, in which case it would be bye bye Mogg.

Raider Azz

Bench
Mogg is awsome. I can't believe you think we overate his flick pass kris.

I'll say it again: Chalk, Smith, Phil and Joel ALL tryscoring machines when Mogg is on their inside: coincidence? I think not.

Kris_man

Bench
chalk is a good case study actually:
4 tries vs Souths: one was a great run off a Drew inside ball in the middle of the field, another was a simple overlap, another was created and finished solely by Chalk from the drop-out, and i can't remember the other one.
1 try vs Roosters: backed up beautifully and showed a lot of pace to run onto a Drew (or was it Croker) offload.
i don't see how Mogg enters the picture.

Joel: most of his tries come from charging towards the line, as a centre, about 20m from the tryline. Mogg again doesn't enter the picture.

Phil Graham: was a try-scoring machine well before Mogg came around, and most of his tries are scored either from a kick, or from when he's playing at centre. maybe if mogg passed a bit earlier to Phil against Brisbane in the first half, he wouldn't have had to compete so strongly with the corner post (in that "simultaneous corner post" disallowed try)

Smith: did seem to have a good combination with Mogg, but his 2 last tries were from nothing more than being in the right place at the right time.

jed

First Grade
At the moment, the only players I'd be automatically giving places to for the start of next season are (1) Schif, (2) Chalk and (3) Mogg. Graham, Gafa, Smith & Frawley would probably have to fight it out for (4) & (5)

Latest posts