What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Raiders Line-up

greeneyed

First Grade
This has to qualify as the worst thread of the year. It is just full of meaningless lists. Who knows who is fit for the start of the season right now? Or in form?

Is there a worst thread category in the awards thing?

Tidus_Raider

Bench
greeneyed said:
This has to qualify as the worst thread of the year. It is just full of meaningless lists. Who knows who is fit for the start of the season right now? Or in form?

Is there a worst thread category in the awards thing?

Obviously it is all specualtion. But it's kind of like playing fantasy NRL. Who will you pick in our strongest squad kind of thing.

Kris_man

Bench
i love this thread, and threads like it. it's actually about football, unlike some of those other ones, eg, social threads or threads about off-field drama. they've got their place, but these ones are what i come here for.

Kris_man

Bench
also, Tidus - i notice you left Mogg out (btw, i did too). what were your reasons for this? do you think, like me, that he's a hog? and inconsistent?

thickos

First Grade
I'm not going to bother with people out of the 17... so here is my Round 1 team (Smith, Croker suspended).

1 - Schifcofske
2 - Graham
3 - Mogg
4 - Frawley
5 - Chalk
6 - McLinden
7 - J. Smith
8 - O'Hara
9 - Woolford (c)
10 - Weyman
11 - Hodgson
12 - Adamson
13 - Nathan Smith (Croker when eligible)

14 - Miller
15 - Thompson
16 - Kahler or Ben Cross
17 - Carney

Geez considering how gutted I was with the player movements this season, that team scrubs up OK.... Carney on the bench is a must for me and good, big, agile forwards.

I see Nathan Smith as a tall rangy lock in the future.

hrundi99

First Grade
He's not that tall though.

He has class. Passing me a Crownie from the player's esky is something I'll always have a lot of respect for him for. ;-)

thickos

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
He has class. Passing me a Crownie from the player's esky is something I'll always have a lot of respect for him for. ;-)

He's gone up plenty of notches in my rankings now too 8) :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
i don't wanna be a nazi thickos, but this thread is for the ideal team not the round one team.

Kris_man

Bench
we're all picking extremely similar teams - there's about 13 guys who are in everyone's team, its only really the positions for which there are slight deviations. knowing elliott though, there's likely to be a surprise come 2005, and we're not likely to like it...

thickos said:
I'm not going to bother with people out of the 17... so here is my Round 1 team (Smith, Croker suspended).

1 - Schifcofske
2 - Graham
3 - Mogg
4 - Frawley
5 - Chalk
6 - McLinden
7 - J. Smith
8 - O'Hara
9 - Woolford (c)
10 - Weyman
11 - Hodgson
12 - Adamson
13 - Nathan Smith (Croker when eligible)

14 - Miller
15 - Thompson
16 - Kahler or Ben Cross
17 - Carney

You heathen! How could you forget Hindy?!

Actually with the average season he had for the most part, I guess you could forget him pretty well. :|

thickos

First Grade
#-o I knew I forgot someone....

Hindy in for one of the benchies then.

I think he went OK in patches in 2004 but was ultimately disappointing for a forward who can wreak havoc like he can.

reptar

Juniors
Here's my 2005 team for the Raiders:

1. Choc
2. Graham
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Chalk
6. Locky
7. Head
13. Croker
12. Hindmarsh
11. Hindmarsh
10. O'Hara
9. Buderus
8. Weyman

14. Smith (Nathan)
15. Hodgson
16. Cross
17. McLinden

All in the peak of their form....

(and then I woke up!)

jed

First Grade
I think reptar's competing with greeneyed for the most insane poster award :lol: