What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Raiders Line-up

Raider_69

Post Whore
edabomb said:
I'd take Thommo over Cross......*braces for extreme verbal abuse* :lol: :lol: . Cross could be important next year if he can get some better meterage gains on his hitups. He aims up in defense thats for sure.

Ive had just about enough of the cross bashing here!
your all f**ked! Cross is the man, the hero, the legend, the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!!
:evil: :evil: :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
- In all seriousness, i really like what i saw of Ben Cross. I'm very surprised at this comment:
Cross could be important next year if he can get some better meterage gains on his hitups. He aims up in defense thats for sure.
cos i really like the way Cross hits the ball up, he rarely gets put on his back. His last couple of games he dropped the ball a few times, though.
- Out of your teams, my favourite is centralcoastbrad's team.
- There is this tendency for new signings to be put straight into the starting teams.
- This is my new team for 2005:
1.Schifcofske
2.D Howell
3.Mogg
4.Frawley
5.Graham
6.Gafa :?
7.McLinden
8.O'Hara
9.Woolford
10.Weyman
11.Croker
12.Hodgson
13.J Smith

Martin
Hindmarsh
Cross
Campese

Reserves: Carney, M Howell, Kahler, Tongue, N Smith, Robertson, Rothery, Russo

Notes:
- I really like what i saw of David Howell at Saints, even before I found out he'll be a Raider, especially his speed and his ability under the high ball.
- Carney would be right on the heels of Gafa and McLinden for place in the halves.
- Campese is on the bench, because i've always like the idea of 3 forwards and a forward/back on the bench.
- I didn't mention some of the "young" guys, like Mundine and Franciscus, because I really haven't seen them play, much.
- Rothery's performances this year have been average, ie, not good and not bad.
- I think Robertson is also too average.

Edwahu

Bench
Cross smashed the Roosters pack, so he has proven himself in my book. He had a couple of bad games but he has been injured most of the year.

edabomb

First Grade
I never saw him having much impact with ball in hand, but heaps on defense..... From my first impressions anyway. Edwahu is definately the most enigmatic poster on the forums!!!!

No kris man. Hindmarsh HAS TO START!!!

- Rothery is a future star
- Robertson is not dangerous enough for a winger although i still love him for the sharks game last year :clap: :clap: :clap:
- gafa is not a pernament option at 5/8
- carney has to be in the team
- campese is also pressing for a spot

my team

1. schif
2. graham
3. mogg
4. frawley* /howell
5. smith/howell
6. j. smith
7. mclinden
8. o hara
9. woolford
10. weyman
11. hodgo
12. hindy
13. toots

14. carney
15. rothery
16. thompson/cross
17. howell

18. campese
19. thompson/cross
20. miller
21. martin
22. ale
23. tongue
24. kahler
25. robertson

greeneyed

First Grade
I'm sorry, but I have hardly ever even HEARD of these Howell brothers...... People are putting them straight into first grade, even though they don't play there at St George? (as far as I can work out?!!!). What gives?

Wait and see greeneyed. I don't think they will crack a start straight away, but they will within a few weeks. Stars in the making IMO. Oh and they have played a fair bit of first grade this year in between suspensions.

Kris_man

Bench
- I know David Howell hasn't played much first grade this year, that's largely due to Nathan Brown preferring the more experienced John Carlaw at winger. As good as Howell might be, he wouldn't replace Gasnier, Cooper, Hornby or Simmonds. I'm really going by what I saw of him in those couple of games he did play earlier on (especially that one where Saints won 37-6 or something. Was it against the Tigers?), and his tryscoring in premier league. Michael Howell, I don't know.
- I really don't rate Ian Hindmarsh all that much. I still think that because of his famous surname, people believe that he's going to be good, so they look harder for good things he's doing (Psychology 1001, confirmation bias). He might be a workhorse, but like I've said before about Tongue, I'm not a big fan of workhorses. And I put him on the bench for Hodgson. I'm a big fan of Hodgson, he mixes quantity with quality.

greeneyed

First Grade
I think Hindmarsh has been fantastic for us. I am happy for him to be in the starting team every week.

Brimmer

Juniors
Providing we don't sign any more players..

1. Schif
2. Gafa
3. Frawley
4. Mogg
5. N Smith
6. J Smith
7. Macca
8. O'Hara
9. Woolfood
10. Weyman
11. Hodgson
12. Hindmarsh
13. Croker

14. Carney
15. Martin
16. Thomson
17. Rothery/Thompson

Panjabi

Juniors
Is it just me or does Nathan Smith remind you of Luke Lewis, apart from the physical characteristics but he also has proven to be a quality finisher.

thickos

First Grade
Yep panjabi Nathan Smith is a deadset Luke Lewis clone! Proving to be an excellent finisher, plus has showed a lot of composure in defence as well, gathering grubber kicks and the like. I think he is a top prospect.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
1. Schifcofske
2. N Smith
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Robertson
6. J Smith
7. McLinden
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Weyman