What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Brownlow Medal

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
dont know who she is, but apparently she is polling well

katie-williams.jpg

lockyno1

Post Whore
After 14 rounds

17- West
15- Judd
13- Johnson (Brad)
12- Goodes

Simon Black is on 11, Goodwin is nowhere near the top. He's on 8 I think.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
after 14 rounds

S.West W Bulldogs
C.Judd West Coast
J.Brown Brisbane
N.Thompson Kangaroos
A.Goodes Sydney
D.Kerr* West Coast
B.Lade Port Adelaide
P.Chapman Geelong
B.Johnson W Bulldogs
T.Johnstone Melbourne
S.Black Brisbane

lockyno1

Post Whore
You'd recon it will come from West, Judd, and Goodes. Thomson will poll well in the last few rounds as well.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The WINNER OF THE 2006 BROWNLOW MEDAL IS.........

ADAM GOODES (SYDNEY). Well done, great season.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Leaderboard after round 22

After 22 rounds.

A Goodes 26
S West 23
D Kerr 22 *
C Judd 21

CyberKev

Staff member
Twizzle said:
ha ha

f**k google

says Brownlow Live, and up comes 2003

back to the drawing board, thought it was a bit early

Coca-Cola Classic!

Its hard to tell which bit would most aptly have caused the penny to drop.

I mean to say, the two 2003 references could have been seen as a bit suss, but the thought of Riccuito & Buckley cleaning-up again, now there's a stretch! :badgrin:

CyberKev

Staff member
Fantastic result, although it would have been nice to see West get a share of the action, given how close he has come over so many years.

No doubting the quality of the winner, however, with Goodes being among the top three players in the competition (with Pavlich & Brown) for mine.

Its also good to see the award going to a player who is more than just a straight midfielder.

A disappointing night for Goodwin, as well, with the Crow player again failing to poll big votes despite turning in another strong season. Still, I guess that's Simon's fault for just being able to play well, rather than being able to look good while running fast.

Jonathan Brown's first half of the season was stellar, given his capacity to nail 13 votes from CHF. Had he stayed fit for the year he would surely have given the award a huge shake.

Special mention should also go to Nathan Thompson, who polled very well in a dismal side.

CyberKev

Staff member
Predictably, the Eagles whiners are already out in force decrying the Goodes win.

How dare he be a better footballer having a better season than their precious little Juddy.

"[Sob, bawl] If Juddy hadn't of missed 3 weeks with hammy he would have won it for sure, and Goodes has it easier competition wise at the Swans! [cry, sook, moan]"

LMFAO. How many votes did Judd pick-up through reputation again last night? Fair dinkum, I could've filled the swear jar in one sitting when he nailed 3 votes for his game against the Kangaroos (I wouldn't have believed it possible to have such minimal impact from a 30+ possession game), which is to say nothing of the 2 he picked up against Hawthorn, and the much covered nonsense of his 3 vote pick-up in the first derby against Freo.

The arrogance of West Coast fans is truly breathtaking when they enter into full brain dead flight, and now I'm really hoping they go under on Saturday.

meltiger

First Grade
You want to talk about players who look good whilst running as opposed to players who get tons of the football and actually do something constructive with it Kev?.......

Typical Sydney favourtism once again. f**k the AFL.

On at least 3 occasions Scotty West deserved 3 votes and recieved 1 or 2. This includes 2 games where he had more than 40 posessions.

The last round really showed up the count for the joke it is - Goodes has 26 odd touches and gets 3 votes in his game, West had I think from memory 36 in his game, and got 1!? vote...

If you want proof that the Brownlow is now a pathetically bad joke, look at the votes from R15. Russell Robertson absoloutely towels Richmond and gets the 3 .. fair enough. But the whistle blowing morons actually gave his opponent (Joel Bowden) 1 vote. How the f**k did Joel deserve to be the 3rd best player on the ground?!

May as well forget holding the count in future and just award honourary Brownlows to Judd and Goodes in alternating years until they retire...

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
The last round really showed up the count for the joke it is - Goodes has 26 odd touches and gets 3 votes in his game, West had I think from memory 36 in his game, and got 1!? vote...

Goodes also kicked 4 goals...

Goodes is also a more diverse footballer, who uses the ball better than West and has more impact on games.

I like West a lot and he has been a good footballer over the years, but like Judd, he can rack up plenty of possession without hurting sides.

People need to get over possession tallies in the current game and look at -

a) how the ball is being used; and

b) how much impact the player is really having on the game.

Goodes is a dead set gamebreaker.

Latest posts