What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Brownlow Medal

meltiger

First Grade
Your comparing Wests disposal to that of Judd's?!

Please.

You've always admired Goodes for years ... Your view is far too clouded by that.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
You've always admired Goodes for years ... Your view is far too clouded by that.

I don't mind admitting I'm a Goodes fan.

I'm a huge wrap for utility players who can fill the diverse roles and Goodes is probably the best of them (although Pavlich would come close).

West is good, as are a few other pure midfielder types, but Goodes is a gamebreaker.

chileman

Coach
meltiger said:
Your comparing Wests disposal to that of Judd's?!

Please.

And copious amounts of bourban clouds yours melamigo :lol: jealousy is a curse :p

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
West is good, as are a few other pure midfielder types, but Goodes is a gamebreaker.

Without the West types the ball would never be cleared from the centre allowing the show pony players such as Goodes to be 'game breakers'

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Without the West types the ball would never be cleared from the centre allowing the show pony players such as Goodes to be 'game breakers'

Well who would you rather have winning the Richmond B&F in 2008, Shane Tuck or Brett Deledio?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
meltiger said:
You want to talk about players who look good whilst running as opposed to players who get tons of the football and actually do something constructive with it Kev?.......

Typical Sydney favourtism once again. f**k the AFL.

On at least 3 occasions Scotty West deserved 3 votes and recieved 1 or 2. This includes 2 games where he had more than 40 posessions.

The last round really showed up the count for the joke it is - Goodes has 26 odd touches and gets 3 votes in his game, West had I think from memory 36 in his game, and got 1!? vote...

If you want proof that the Brownlow is now a pathetically bad joke, look at the votes from R15. Russell Robertson absoloutely towels Richmond and gets the 3 .. fair enough. But the whistle blowing morons actually gave his opponent (Joel Bowden) 1 vote. How the f**k did Joel deserve to be the 3rd best player on the ground?!

May as well forget holding the count in future and just award honourary Brownlows to Judd and Goodes in alternating years until they retire...

what does it have to do with the AFL

dont the umpires vote on the Brownlow

and the award for dumbest umpires goes to........the umpires from the haw vs coll game in round 2 who gave Guy Richards 1 vote for a stellar game with 1 kick, 5 handballs, 13 hitouts and 3 frees against

CyberKev

Staff member
Collingwood Storm said:
and the award for dumbest umpires goes to........the umpires from the haw vs coll game in round 2 who gave Guy Richards 1 vote for a stellar game with 1 kick, 5 handballs, 13 hitouts and 3 frees against

But those 6 possessions were pure quality, weren't they? :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Juddy was unlucky he missed those 3 weeks, but cograts to Goodes who was CLEARLY the best player in the comp this year! West I beleive is killing his chances by the fact he aint kicking goals! As for Tiger if you don't think Goodes last round was worth 3 votes you are on drugs! He was the best on the field by far! As for West even I would not have given him 3 in the last round. I thought he'd get 2 and Johnson who like goodes had 27 disposals and kicked 5 goals was more dominant on the field. Even if West got the 3 in the last round, Goodes STILL would have won!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Then who was cam? There was hardly a player that dominated like Goodes did. West was good, as he always is, but he kills his chances by his inability to kick goals! Judd missed too much footy. Johnson I tyhought would be closer but West was always going to snare votes off him. Goodes was the only one really.

CyberKev

Staff member
I can't believe I find myself agreeing with Locky.

Except for the "Judd missed too much football" part.

He only missed 3 games for the year!

camsmith

Juniors
West for sure.

Remember Goodes had a standard first half, i thought West was pretty consistent throughout the year. Goodes is probably in the top 5 for me, keeping in mind the team he plays for, their style of footy and the rest of it.

Even Goodes himself said he would have liked West to tie with him.