What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

pcpp

Juniors
I'm surprised they got 20,000 at Telstra when they only got 16,000 against the Cowboys.

So far:

32,914 at Brisbane
19,360 at Telstra
10,097 at Parra
11,083 at Toyota

Total: 73,454
Average: 18,364

yakstorm

First Grade
Where have Cronulla's fans gone this season??

The Sharks are third this season, and yes whilst they did have a poor start to the year, surely games like tonight should of had a bigger attendance?

Right from game 1 this year their attendances have been significantly down. Last year they got 19,562 against Penrith who aren't well known for their bringing much away support, yet this year they only got 14,221 against a high profile Brisbane side.

Does any Cronulla fan know why there has been a huge crowd shift this year?

pcpp

Juniors
6240 at Ericsson Stadium

I'm pretty sure that is their worst crowd ever since their inception.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Five lowest Ericsson crowds

Rd 17 2004 vs Parramatta - 6,391
Rd 15 2004 vs Cowboys - 6,793
Rd 13 2004 vs Raiders - 6,967
Rd 9 1999 vs Rabbitohs - 7,714
Rd 13 2006 vs Broncos - 7,746

We have a new leader.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BRI v STG @ Brisbane 32,914
WES v SYD @ Telstra 19,360
PAR v SOU @ Parra 10,097
CRO v MAN @ Toyota 11,083
NZW v NEW @ Ericsson 6,240
BUL v NQL @ Carrara 16,231
MEL v CAN @ Olympic 7,954

Total: 103,879
Avg: 14,840

Better than previous weeks but still sh*thouse. Should pick up soon.

c_eagle

Juniors
Gosh, those Storm players deserve so much better. Those Melbourne die hards are as knowledgable and passionate as anyone in the league, they just can't seem to attract a bandwagon of any kind.

Surandy

Bench
c_eagle said:
Gosh, those Storm players deserve so much better. Those Melbourne die hards are as knowledgable and passionate as anyone in the league, they just can't seem to attract a bandwagon of any kind.

Not surprising given the crap FTA deal we have, Storm game tonight was televised at 11:45pm.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well done Melbourne. 10,373 is a lot better than 8,500.

c_eagle

Juniors
The Storm used to average just under 14k in 2000. Ok, they're not the premiers, but they've never been 6 points clear at the top of the league before either.

They even managed to average 12k in 2001, the year they missed the finals. I suppose those Saturday afternoon matches weren't all that bad for them, since they were given regular free to air coverage.

I hope next year that they are given a chance at the 6:30 pm slot on Friday night, especially if they continue their great form. Ok, it will be a little tough for people to make the match after work, but the exposure would negate and easily surpass that set back.

I think they've got the best administrator in the game on their side and probably the best coach, soon they'll have one of the best stadiums too. I really hope it works out.

Surandy

Bench
I am really looking forward to seeing the Storm crowd against the Broncos for the Friday night clash at home following Melbourne hosting State Of Origin 3.

Seriously we ought to get 14k plus for that game as a lot of interstate travellers coming for SOO3 are planning on sticking around for FNF and combine that with live TV coverage of SOO3 in Melbourne it should be a cracker of a crowd.

camsmith

Juniors
Yeah Surandy, i would be disappointed with anything less than 14,000 to the Brisbane game.

Hopefully people make a week of their trip down to Melbourne and catch the game. I seriously cant wait till we get the new stadium.