What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Good signs so far for next week:

From ManlySeaEagles.com.au
Following on from the fantastic crowd we had at Brookvale on Sunday the club now reports that all reserved seating for this Friday Night’s match against the Bulldogs is sold out.

There are plenty of general admission tickets still available and seating in the Southern Stand will be available on a first come first serve basis.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
f**k. I need to run along and grab mine. General Admission it is.

Is there any way to prepurchase GA tickets with the Season ticket holder deal?

nqboy

First Grade
Good to see Melbourne's crowds are still up since Origin. Hopefully, they can sustain it and continue to improve.

Ice777

Bench
nqboy said:
Good to see Melbourne's crowds are still up since Origin. Hopefully, they can sustain it and continue to improve.

Average crowds before origin: 9046
Average crowds after origin: 13230
Difference: +4184 per game.

With the last game against Manly they'll market the fact that we'll be presented with the shield for minor premiers and a home final the next week that average will only go up even more.

Anyone who said origin would do nothing for the game down here eat your words now. I can only say thank christ the ARL have got a bigger and better vision for the future of rugby league down here and not the narrow minded view a minority who can't get over the fact it's not only a Sydney comp anymore.

Timmah

Staff member
Stats updated in initial thread... home crowd averages up to R24 is saved for another day :lol:

nqboy

First Grade
Ice777 said:
Average crowds before origin: 9046
Average crowds after origin: 13230
Difference: +4184 per game.

With the last game against Manly they'll market the fact that we'll be presented with the shield for minor premiers and a home final the next week that average will only go up even more.

Anyone who said origin would do nothing for the game down here eat your words now. I can only say thank christ the ARL have got a bigger and better vision for the future of rugby league down here and not the narrow minded view a minority who can't get over the fact it's not only a Sydney comp anymore.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The indications are promising but the case is not yet proven, not by a long way. See me in ten years when Melbourne have good crowds regardless of their form.

Ice777

Bench
You don't go off what crowds may be like in 10 years time, you can only go off what the figures are now. Yes it'll be nice to have good crowds in 10 years time but who gives a toss about then now? Worry about that when the time comes :sarcasm:

yakstorm

First Grade
In 2005 106,770 watched Rugby League in Melbourne.

In 2006 171,081 (116,248 if we only take Storm games) have watched Rugby League in Melbourne so far with at least 2 games to go.

That increases speaks for itself. Whilst yes not all of the Origin III crowd was from Victoria (though over 30,000 tickets were sold to locals) the fact remains the option to take big RL games down south has mobilised support for the Storm.

You only have to look at the increased media interest and talk about the Storm that has been about as well in Melbourne again. The Herald Sun and The Age in the past only use to put snippets about the Storm, maybe a couple a week, now there are full blown articles, usually 2 or 3 a day.

You even get articles now where AFL personalities, captain and players are commenting on the Storm, sure they don't know much about it, but its all good promotion for the code.

Throw in the huge number of kids who have now passed through the Kids to Kangaroo programs, plus with a big crowd expected at the Telstra Dome for the Test match to cap off the year, I think its fair to say the 2006 Melbourne experiment has so far been successful.

The Tank

Bench
Hopefully another Origin and more Tests will be brought down to Melbourne in the near future aswell.

ali

Bench
Timmah said:
f**k. I need to run along and grab mine. General Admission it is.

Is there any way to prepurchase GA tickets with the Season ticket holder deal?

Well, Manly doesn't participate in the season ticket deal so you have no chance. Good of them for the good crowds. They'll be raking it in as I'm sure they have the most expensive ticketing in Sydney.

mattyg

Bench
Yep well they are taking a test down there this year against NZ (which i would love to go to), and another origin game in 2009. Pretty good for the game in Vic if you ask me.

ali said:
I'm sure they have the most expensive ticketing in Sydney.

St. George have 'em covered I reckon (these are WIN Stadium prices for adults, Kogarah prices are basically the same).

Western Stand Middle: $45
Western Stand Outer: $38
Southern/Northern Stand Middle: $35
Southern/Northern Stand Outer: $32
Concourse Middle: $28
Concourse Outer: $26
Hill: $22

As opposed to adult prices for Brookvale Oval:

Jane Try Stand: $40
Ken Arthurson Stand: $30
Hill: $22.00

Both cost a pretty penny, that's for sure.

*Paul*

Juniors
Wow, I hope season tickets are cheaper. I paid the equivalent of $23/game for my 06 season ticket at Bruce - Mal Meninga stand, best "normal" seats in the house.

t-ba

Post Whore
ali said:
Well, Manly doesn't participate in the season ticket deal so you have no chance. Good of them for the good crowds. They'll be raking it in as I'm sure they have the most expensive ticketing in Sydney.

The Club got Brow beaten into honouring the agreement after the Roosters Whinged about it.

Jesus...Reserved Seating already sold out? On a Tuesday? WTF?

Timmah

Staff member
Just got mine... General admission. I'll check the pax when I get home. This is going to be HUGE.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm sooo Filthy I can't get down there...Unless I catch the XPT down on thursday...Hmmm...

Timmah

Staff member
Anyone who's been to Brookie, what's the best thing to do parkingwise if you're getting there around 7pm? Park at the Mall and walk down?

mattyg

Bench
I think i'll be getting there around 7...i got to work till 4 and its a long way from here to there. Not too sure where im sitting yet but i know its GA. I might try and sit near all the other dogs supporters.

As for parking there are a few schools and that around the ground where you can park in. Thats what i did last year...i think it was like $5 or something

Timmah

Staff member
I finish at 5, I'll be jetting in from Terrigal, expecting to be there between 6:30 and 7pm I'd say. I'd say with the crowd this year those sorts of spots would be GORN matty ;-) I'm going to chance my hand at Warringah I think... first three hours free and if I arrive around 6:30 I only have to be gone by 9:30... here's hoping :D

Latest posts