What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Already got my tickets for Manly and Newcastle... is it safe to walk up normally at Parra on Sunday?

Timmah

Staff member
Why? No Johns... the reason 25% of the crowd turn up. vs Penrith... not really a pumping match.. I dunno. I wouldn't expect anything near the 25k that made it there for Manly - having said that though, I'll be there.

c_eagle

Juniors
MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES

www.manlyseaeagles.com.au

Manly Sea Eagles - Newsletter

GET IN EARLY & WEAR PLENTY OF MAROON AND WHITE
Important announcement to all Sea Eagles Supporters.
As of this afternoon 5000 tickets remain for Friday's match between the Delmege Sea
Eagles and the Bulldogs. This comes on the back of Monday's announcement that that all
reserved seating was sold out.

"As I said on Monday the response from the local community has been terrific," CEO
Grant Mayer explained.

"Sunday's crowd was our biggest of the year at Brookvale. This week we play the
2nd placed team in the NRL and we compete for a home semi-final."

"There will be an amazing atmosphere at Brookvale Oval on Friday and every chance
subject to fine weather we may reach capacity before kick off of the main game," Mr
Mayer said.

Grant Mayer made an appeal for Manly fans to make a big impression.

"Our opponents have a great following but we want to turn Brookvale 'maroon and
white on the night'. We are asking for Manly fans to really get into the spirit of the
evening and display their club colours proudly."

"It will be a great game of Rugby League and we look forward to massive support from
our fans."

To avoid queues and possible disappointment Manly fans should get to the ground early, well
before the 7pm rush.

To guarantee entry pre-purchase tickets from Ticketek online or by visiting any Ticketek
agency including the Manly Leagues Club.

Online Ticketek: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=EAGLES06
Ticketek Agencies: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Content/Outlets/agency.aspx

Complementary NRL Pass holders are reminded to arrive very early to guarantee entry or
alternatively pre-purchase tickets from Ticketek.

Timmah

Staff member
What a crock of sh*t Manly.

At 3:30pm this arvo, Ticketek had plenty of Cat 2 available.

c_eagle

Juniors
The only cat 2 left have restricted view. But yeh, I really doubt that there are only 5k tickets left. I think they are just trying to minimise queues because they don't have the facilities to handle 15k people arriving 10 minutes before kick off, which is the trend at brookie.

WIN Stadium:
Premium West Stand - Single Seats Only
West Stand - Single Seats Only
Gold Nth / Sth Stand - Single Seats Only
Nth / Sth Stand - Single Seats Only
Gold Concourse - Available
Concourse Ends - Single Seats Only
General Admission - Available

I just had a look. The "available" Gold Concourse seems to be all restricted viewing seating in the NE corner of WIN Stadium. That is, sections G & H of the Northern Stand (there's a pole supporting the Northern Stand roof between section F and section G). That part of WIN Stadium is always last to sell out, so that's a sign pointing towards a very healty crowd. Now let's hope that this weather goes away and it should be a great night at the footy. I'm not much of a crowd tipster, but I reckon we're looking at 16k, potentially pushing towards a sell-out if the weather clears up.

sfx11422.gif

Timmah

Staff member
I'm still miffed as to why the Sharks showdown is at WIN.... :?

yakstorm

First Grade
Timmah said:
I'm still miffed as to why the Sharks showdown is at WIN.... :?

The St George-Illawarra club fearing a supporter backlash due to the Dragons letting Lance Thompson go to the Sharks?

However it has worked out well at least, cause they have been able to draw a crowd toturn out just to say their farewell to local juniors Barrett, Luke Bailey and Shaun Timmins.

Timmah

Staff member
True... will they be wearing the steeler jerseys though?

Rod

Bench
Timmah said:
Why? No Johns... the reason 25% of the crowd turn up. vs Penrith... not really a pumping match.. I dunno. I wouldn't expect anything near the 25k that made it there for Manly - having said that though, I'll be there.

True but it is Matt Gidley's farewell as well as Craig Smith, Brian Carney and Anthony Quinn so hopefully it is close to full anyway, Midley deserves a good send-off.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Even though it wont have the same feel as it would at OKI im glad they're going to the gong. At least the crowd get to farewell Timmo Baz and Bull

Fewer than 4000 tickets remain for tomorrow night’s match at WIN Stadium and fans are encouraged to prepurchase their tickets.

To manage the safety and comfort of the capacity crowd expected at WIN Stadium tomorrow night, the general admission (hill) area has been classified as “Standing Room Only” and no chairs or portable seatingwill be permitted in this area.​

c_eagle

Juniors
The atmosphere at Brookie had to be seen to be believed. If it was a clear night, we'd have got 5k more.

Latest posts