What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

phonetic

Juniors
Timmah I thought last night's crowd was a great turnout. You can never bank on a great turnout from an interstate supporter group, especially with the release of the draw 5 weeks out from the game.

You're unlikely to get a flight under 100 each way.. throw in hotel/transport within Sydney/food & brewski's and you're looking at quite an outlay to see your team, especially when they are out of form as the broncos are.

A lot of people can't justify it, or just can't be bothered.

They definitely should be congratulated for the 40k turnout last week vs the Storm.

miccle

Bench
Timmah said:
BTW, Well done to the 4 Brisbane fans who made the trek down :roll:

You've proven yourself as an a-grade tool tonight again Timmah.

Yes I did know plenty of people making the trek down along with the SBBS.

Terribly sorry that all of Brisbane can't afford a lazy grand to fly down and stay in Sydney every freakin time the Broncos are playing down there :roll:

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think your club's reputation on friday nights had nothing to do with a smaller crowd figure too tbh.

lockyno1

Post Whore
miccle said:
You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think your club's reputation on friday nights had nothing to do with a smaller crowd figure too tbh.

Exactly! Most non-dogs supporters will think twice before going to a Dogs home game ESPECIALLY at night!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
miccle said:
You've proven yourself as an a-grade tool tonight again Timmah.

Yes I did know plenty of people making the trek down along with the SBBS.

Terribly sorry that all of Brisbane can't afford a lazy grand to fly down and stay in Sydney every freakin time the Broncos are playing down there :roll:

I thought there might have been more Broncos fans in Sydney that's all.

Smaller crowd figure? You list me all the games in Sydney with a crowd figure bigger than last night for Season 2006...

I'll save you the trouble:
Bulldogs v Tigers (BUL Home game) 32,578
Bulldogs v Dragons 31,256
Dragons v Roosters 31,105
Tigers v Dragons 27,865
then last night Bulldogs v Broncos 26,111

3 of the 5 top crowds in Sydney this year are/were Bulldogs home games ;-)

miccle

Bench
Timmah said:
I thought there might have been more Broncos fans in Sydney that's all.

Smaller crowd figure? You list me all the games in Sydney with a crowd figure bigger than last night for Season 2006...

I'll save you the trouble:
Bulldogs v Tigers (BUL Home game) 32,578
Bulldogs v Dragons 31,256
Dragons v Roosters 31,105
Tigers v Dragons 27,865
then last night Bulldogs v Broncos 26,111

3 of the 5 top crowds in Sydney this year are/were Bulldogs home games ;-)

You're the one complaining about the crowd mate, not me. I'm actually happy enough with the 26K from last night, considering there wouldn't have been many more than 4 or 5 thousand Broncs supporters and neutrals.

miccle

Bench
BTW, why did you think there would be more Broncos fans in Sydney?

Brisbane were established DECADES after the clubs down there, and very few of us choose to move to Sydney for work purposes because the place is a hole (in my/our opinions).

It's different up here - many people who followed the BRL also had the successful NSWRL teams of the 80's like the Eels and Dogs as their national teams, and have continued to support them. Not to mention the thousands of southerners who move up from NSW to south-east Qld every year.

phonetic

Juniors
Who cares ay? It was a good crowd with all things considered. 26k vs an interstate side shouldn't be snuffed at.

Lets hope the remaining games follow suit. I'll be at Saints Leagues sipping on a schooner this time tomorrow.. hopefully Sydney can repeat today's weather. Not much better than being on the hill at Kogarah on a Sunday afternoon!

hitamn

Juniors
the interesting thing with this arguement is that a few years ago everyone would have been wrapped with 26000 at a game in sydney, but now i think we are starting to expect more. although crowds are down this year you need to remember we came off a record high last year,
also things like the warriors starting minus 4 points on the ladder, souths moving to there new home (stupid), penrith not playng first few round at home when they were on a roll, the tigers rarely having the major drawcard(benji) for the year. plus the fact a team like melbourne leads the comp who although have increased crowds this year, would still have around the same support if they were last. just imagine if souths were on a roll like that

phonetic

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
Good crowd... puts clubs like St George to shame...

It's impossible for us to draw home figures that high due to our grounds being too small. The only exception is Anzac Day where we got 31+.

A very good crowd, pretty much what you'd expect from the equal most inform team in the comp (until last night)

I don't think Canterbury could ever put St George to shame in any regard, but they sure are good at doing it to themselves.

ByRd

First Grade
2 wins is 4 wks, and our last 5 against you dragqueens, i think we have put you guys to shame.

Ari Gold

Bench
phonetic said:
It's impossible for us to draw home figures that high due to our grounds being too small. The only exception is Anzac Day where we got 31+.

A very good crowd, pretty much what you'd expect from the equal most inform team in the comp (until last night)

I don't think Canterbury could ever put St George to shame in any regard, but they sure are good at doing it to themselves.

Compared to other Sydney clubs your team ain't bad at all. But at times this year St G have been high up on the ladder and failed to get 14000+ at WIN/Kogarah. The match against Melbourne is one that springs to mind.

fanatique

Juniors
JW said:
Ordinary crowd at Toyota.

Ordinary? I think the word you are looking for is "Small". let's not fool ourselves. Anything unger 5 figures (10,000) is a disgraceful turnout. no offence to sharks only since other clubs - my own included have been guilty as well but fewer than 8,000 is pathetic.

Latest posts