What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Tri-Nations Opener At Eden Park?

screeny said:
Ozbash, why has Calixte got things wrong? He mentioned that Eden Park has tried to prevent RL matches being played there. He cites this book - which one presumes has done some research - as a source. What's wrong with that.

Typically, two rah rah stooges 1. ask for a source to back up any anti-union accusations, and 2. claim there's no such thing as union politicking against league and that the leaguies are making everything up.

International Grounds Of Rugby League

And we are suppose to believe in a Book with a title like that ? :lol:

Get A Life

screeny

Bench
Polynesian Warrior said:
International Grounds Of Rugby League

And we are suppose to believe in a Book with a title like that ? :lol:

Get A Life

You have no brain whatsoever, PW! How you manage to keep on putting food in your mouth is quite beyond me.

Are you saying that Eden Park has never staged a RL int'l? Is that what you're saying? Is it? Is it?

Let's forward wind 12 months......if Eden Park is filled for the Tri Nations, including thousands of young NZers supporting their national RL team, you'd be gutted wouldn't you? Admit it, you know you would.

ozbash

Referee
Libel and all that.
meaning what ?

screemy, very noble of you to defend your misguided mate but it wasnt that long ago that the auckland rugby union said NO to the nzrl about holding a game at eden park, about 10 years ago if i remember. they have every right to say no because they and nz cricket pay the rent there.

you were sucked in when you bought your flash little book calixte. eden park is not a rugby league ground. if you stated that at any rugby or league club you,d probably get a smack in the mouth,,,, which might not be a bad idea as theres a faint chance it might knock some sense into you.

leaguenut says it all, tradition wouldnt see a game of league played at the park, no league fans would go and the ARU would tell them to piss off,,, again.

Calixte

First Grade
ozbash said:
Libel and all that.
meaning what ?

screemy, very noble of you to defend your misguided mate but it wasnt that long ago that the auckland rugby union said NO to the nzrl about holding a game at eden park, about 10 years ago if i remember. they have every right to say no because they and nz cricket pay the rent there.

you were sucked in when you bought your flash little book calixte. eden park is not a rugby league ground. if you stated that at any rugby or league club you,d probably get a smack in the mouth,,,, which might not be a bad idea as theres a faint chance it might knock some sense into you.

leaguenut says it all, tradition wouldnt see a game of league played at the park, no league fans would go and the ARU would tell them to piss off,,, again.

Go look it up. If you pay me I'll explain it to you. My rate is $300 p/hr + GST.

As for the rest of your post...try breaking the prozac in half next time.

I never said it was a rugby league ground, dickhead.

And what does the ARU have to do with it? It's in NZ you moron.

As for no league fans going to a game at Eden Park, how do you explain the nearly 48,000 that went in 1988?

If you are the best defender of union you blokes can come up with, God help union.

MKEB...

Staff member
Personally I will go to any groung that the kiwis play aussie..even in invercargill ..

I have one question though (double barrel) Will NZRL make much money from it at Eden park as they will charge the earth for the Privilage (seeing it is not rugby or cricket) and that to be honest the great majority of people that will go will be complimentary/Season ticket holders for Eden Park.And saying that how many at the Ericson test were also complimentary ticket holders? I heard that although the ground was stacked (i bought a ticket and went) that the great majority of the crowd were comp ticket holders from that promotion for erricson season tickets.

As for rugby never sh1tting on league... how about the French union...Glass on the pitch...Booking Stade de France so league couldnt play there, let alone the fact that there was no rugby scheduled that day.

ozbash

Referee
yea, i know pinballs, ARU = Auckland Rugby Union

My rate is $300 p/hr + GST.
daylight robbery, you should be arrested for false pretences.

your book did, numbnuts :)

how do you explain the nearly 48,000 that went in 1988?
did you get that figure out of your book or did it come when you were dreaming up how much you charge ?

God help union.
he might.

If you are the best defender of union you blokes can come up with
wtf are ' you blokes' ?

go read that book again, i think you had it upside down .

Calixte

First Grade
ozbash said:
yea, i know pinballs, ARU = Auckland Rugby Union

My rate is $300 p/hr + GST.
daylight robbery, you should be arrested for false pretences.

your book did, numbnuts :)

how do you explain the nearly 48,000 that went in 1988?
did you get that figure out of your book or did it come when you were dreaming up how much you charge ?

God help union.
he might.

If you are the best defender of union you blokes can come up with
wtf are ' you blokes' ?

go read that book again, i think you had it upside down .

Auckland RU I'll accept. Be clearer next time or face the consequences.

As for my job, like I care what you think. It probably means I make a lot more money than you.

The book is about grounds - no matter who owns them - where international rugby league has been played. Tool.

I remember watching the game and I remember the crowd figure. And I have about ten sources of information to support my memory.

I doubt it. He hates union.

"You blokes" includes you and our mates pw, te kaha and rugbyunionnotsoccerakafootball.

I can read fine. It's your English I'm concerned about. Maybe you should spend less time hanging around with PW.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Hope that the ANZAC test is competitive and doesnt take the shine off the NZRLs current momentum...

Te Kaha

First Grade
Calixte said:

As for my job, like I care what you think. It probably means I make a lot more money than you.

The book is about grounds - no matter who owns them - where international rugby league has been played. Tool.

I remember watching the game and I remember the crowd figure. And I have about ten sources of information to support my memory.

"You blokes" includes you and our mates pw, te kaha and rugbyunionnotsoccerakafootball.

I can read fine. It's your English I'm concerned about. Maybe you should spend less time hanging around with PW.

How dumb are you? really? You are banned for abusing an admin... you are let back in on condition you stop abusing people and stay out of the Union forum. Whats the first thing you do? go into the forum and start abusing people.... And now...now you are abusing one of the admins who owns and runs this site.. calling him a Union troll????? and telling him you earn more than him... i didn't realise villiage idiots earned do much.

screeny

Bench
I don't earn much money, and have not read the book in question, but it apparently documents union's stance to prevent league from using the stadium, which was the original point made.

Some of the union types have said 'offer proof', but refuse to accept that proof has been offered in the name of a published title.

All the insults are a little lame, but the point is that obstacles were put in the way. Would they be again?

iggy plop

First Grade
Polynesian Warrior said:
You are really a paranoid idiot aren't you ? I watch that match at Eden Park and it was a one off speacial occassion .
Rugby union has done nothing to stop league from playing at Eden Park you moron .
There was never any intentions to play any other matches at Eden Park after that RLWC final in 1988 .
It would have been a very costly had the kiwi's switch their test matches to Eden Park .
Calixte, Just look at how many rugby grounds have the Warriors played in since they enter the NRL .
Stop spreading false bull*hit rumours on the forum about NZ .

Grow Up :cool:

Remember this is a rugby league forum Turd Pen.

No room for touchy union idiots like you, deal with the fact this is a league site and a lot of posters hate your beloved game.

Fancy you telling someone to grow up.

iggy plop

First Grade
JK said:
Tempers gentlemen.

Though why unionites have to continuously post on league forums is beyond rational thought.

yep

Polynesian Warrior said:
So where do the ones who like both sports suppose to post you moron ?

:lol: Nice one fool. You spend 99 per cent of the time here bagging league.

iggy plop said:
Remember this is a rugby league forum Turd Pen.

No room for touchy union idiots like you, deal with the fact this is a league site and a lot of posters hate your beloved game.

Fancy you telling someone to grow up.

There's only you and another four who hate rugby . The rest of the 100+ members are ok .;-)

Calixte said:

I think you have no where to turn because all the Kiwi's on this forum (troll, unionists, Rugby League fans,) doesn't agree with you .
Us Kiwi's on this forum have our own differents and disagreements .Some support rugby union, both or just rugby league but this is the only time that we seem to agree is when sommeone made up stuff about rugby union or rugby league in NZ .

All you have is a punch of lads alot like you living on the other side of the world or out of this world talking about a sport and a stadium in a country you have absolutely no first hand knowledge of .

I was one of the 48,000 crowd at the game and can I say it again & again that it was a one off special occasion (RLWC Final) .;-)

Kingbunny

Juniors
Polynesian Warrior said:
There's only you and another four who hate rugby . The rest of the 100+ members are ok .;-)

Read this slowly.

No, no! We love Rugby, we just don't like union.

If you want to know the real problem. It's union morons that access and post union bullsh*t on these Rugby League forums trying to downgrade our game. We don't give a sh*t about union, okay.

No one here, as far as I'm aware, claims that Rugby League is a world game. All we are interested in is how the game is progressing globally.

I don't mind if you post something useful and knowledgable but when you and some of you other clowns continually post sh*t be ready to get sh*t put on you.

You can post as much union propaganda on the union forum as you wish. The unfortunate thing about the union forum is the fascist moderator dickhead who cannot handle a descent debate, a negative comment and immediately accuses posters of being "trolls". You are loved there, go back and until you can learn to post something decent here.

Bye bye. =;