What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Tri-Nations Opener At Eden Park?

Calixte

First Grade
Te Kaha said:
How dumb are you? really? You are banned for abusing an admin... you are let back in on condition you stop abusing people and stay out of the Union forum. Whats the first thing you do? go into the forum and start abusing people.... And now...now you are abusing one of the admins who owns and runs this site.. calling him a Union troll????? and telling him you earn more than him... i didn't realise villiage idiots earned do much.

Care factor?

Speaking of village idiots, sounds like a pretty accurate description of a rugby league hater who spends all their time on a rugby league web-site attacking the game?

And I didn't use the word troll - that's your comment. Rather nasty too.

Calixte

First Grade
Polynesian Warrior said:
I think you have no where to turn because all the Kiwi's on this forum (troll, unionists, Rugby League fans,) doesn't agree with you .
Us Kiwi's on this forum have our own differents and disagreements .Some support rugby union, both or just rugby league but this is the only time that we seem to agree is when sommeone made up stuff about rugby union or rugby league in NZ .

All you have is a punch of lads alot like you living on the other side of the world or out of this world talking about a sport and a stadium in a country you have absolutely no first hand knowledge of .

I was one of the 48,000 crowd at the game and can I say it again & again that it was a one off special occasion (RLWC Final) .;-)

Hate to be the one to rain on your parade, pw.

The facts are these:

1. There was a crowd of 48,000 in 1988 for a rugby league game.
2. That was the last rugby league game played at Eden Park.
3. Union has since, successfully, used its influence to stop rugby league getting access to the ground.
4. A source verifying point 3 has been posted. Go look it up.

No-one agrees with you but the unionists. For example, the very next post after yours disagrees with you and agrees with me (KingBunny).

I have been to Eden Park previously (twice actually) - so yes I do have first hand knowledge of the ground. And yes, they were both cricket matches.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Calixte said:
Care factor?

Speaking of village idiots, sounds like a pretty accurate description of a rugby league hater who spends all their time on a rugby league web-site attacking the game?

And I didn't use the word troll - that's your comment. Rather nasty too.

Well you will care if admins decide to ban you again.

And again you show your limited intelligence... I am neither a Rugby League hater or one who attacks the game. Find one single post that i have made that attacks Rugby League.

Calixte

First Grade
Te Kaha said:
Well you will care if admins decide to ban you again.

And again you show your limited intelligence... I am neither a Rugby League hater or one who attacks the game. Find one single post that i have made that attacks Rugby League.

This one, moron.

The only difference in this post is you spend as much time attacking me here as rugby league.

Otherwise, answer this question:-

Do you agree with rugby union using its influence to prevent rugby league hiring stadia? (as per the Eden Park example here or the obvious one in France in the last Aus v France test)

As for other posts, your record speaks for itself. Certainly many other posters here know of your record and have commented on it also.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Calixte said:
This one, moron.

The only difference in this post is you spend as much time attacking me here as rugby league.

Otherwise, answer this question:-

Do you agree with rugby union using its influence to prevent rugby league hiring stadia? (as per the Eden Park example here or the obvious one in France in the last Aus v France test)

As for other posts, your record speaks for itself. Certainly many other posters here know of your record and have commented on it also.

Complete sh*t as usual. as I said find ONE SINGLE POST where i have attacked Rugby League. You will not find one.

I have never said i agree with anything the French have done to Rugby League and i never will. As for the Eden park one under what circimstances was RL denied use? Was there a Union game to be played there at the same time? As a paid up tenent they would get first call as is their right.

And I say again find one single post where i have denigrated Rugby League.

ozbash

Referee
jesus caltex , you hearing voices or something ?

you run off at the mouth abusing people for all its worth and when you are conclusively proven wrong and without a clue you try and twist it.

wipe your chin mate.

Certainly many other posters here know of your record and have commented on it also.

admit defeat, thats really scraping the bottom of the barrel :)

Kingbunny said:
Read this slowly.

No, no! We love Rugby, we just don't like union.

If you want to know the real problem. It's union morons that access and post union bullsh*t on these Rugby League forums trying to downgrade our game. We don't give a sh*t about union, okay.

No one here, as far as I'm aware, claims that Rugby League is a world game. All we are interested in is how the game is progressing globally.

I don't mind if you post something useful and knowledgable but when you and some of you other clowns continually post sh*t be ready to get sh*t put on you.

You can post as much union propaganda on the union forum as you wish. The unfortunate thing about the union forum is the fascist moderator dickhead who cannot handle a descent debate, a negative comment and immediately accuses posters of being "trolls". You are loved there, go back and until you can learn to post something decent here.

Bye bye. =;

You got that right ! No one here is claiming Rugby is a world game too .

From a guy who thinks the NPC was change because of crowd numbers ;-)
Im still waiting for any proof of that Kingbull .

Copa

Bench
screeny said:
I don't earn much money, and have not read the book in question, but it apparently documents union's stance to prevent league from using the stadium, which was the original point made.

Some of the union types have said 'offer proof', but refuse to accept that proof has been offered in the name of a published title.

Some on here go apoplectic when proof is provided of RU bastardry.

Calixte said:
Hate to be the one to rain on your parade, pw.

The facts are these:

1. There was a crowd of 48,000 in 1988 for a rugby league game.
2. That was the last rugby league game played at Eden Park.
3. Union has since, successfully, used its influence to stop rugby league getting access to the ground.
4. A source verifying point 3 has been posted. Go look it up.

No-one agrees with you but the unionists. For example, the very next post after yours disagrees with you and agrees with me (KingBunny).

I have been to Eden Park previously (twice actually) - so yes I do have first hand knowledge of the ground. And yes, they were both cricket matches.

The facts are these :

1. Yes there was a crowd of 48,000 in 1998 for the RLWC final and I was there for there .
2. I know that was the last time a rugby league was played there .
3. I live in NZ for 15 years and I know there wasn't any plan to play any rugby league matches at Eden Park after 1988 .
4. Believe what you want to believe in Calixte and those posters you mention are just as paranoid as you are .

I've been to Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane a few times to watch the Broncos, S12 and internationals .
Im new to Brisbane so I wouldn't know the history behind Suncorp/Lang Park between 1980 to 2002 .;-)

Calixte

First Grade
ozbash said:
jesus caltex , you hearing voices or something ?

you run off at the mouth abusing people for all its worth and when you are conclusively proven wrong and without a clue you try and twist it.

wipe your chin mate.

Certainly many other posters here know of your record and have commented on it also.

admit defeat, thats really scraping the bottom of the barrel :)

"Conclusively proven wrong" my arse. How exactly?

Go back and read my first post (which I have clarified because of the misrepresentation since by other people) and point out the errors in it.

The only issue is whether or not the source I have detailed to evidence the post is a valid one or not. Again, if you have a problem with the book, contact the author.

If there is any "error", it is there.

The problem for you guys is there is no error and the unionists here don't like it. You can't hold me accountable for that.

yakstorm

First Grade
Anyway getting back to the point of this thread. Its an interesting announcement made by Sel, but honestly it is one that relies on a lot of factors in order to be successful.

First NZ have to either win the Bundaberg Test in May, or lose by a margin of 6 or less points to continue the momentum from the Tri-Nations. Next NZ must ensure that at least one of their three superstars plays, out of Jones, Marshall and/or Williams. Two would be prefered, three ultimate.

We all saw this year that everyone was quick to abandon the Kiwis, even NZ fans cause of the number of injuries, pull outs and so on that they had. Somehow even though NZ did win the tournament this year missing key players, unfortunately I can see a bit pull out again if those guys don't play.

Who knows, maybe its just Sel trying to get Ericsson to lower its rent prices to keep the Kiwis?

Kingbunny

Juniors
Polynesian Warrior said:
You got that right ! No one here is claiming Rugby is a world game too .

From a guy who thinks the NPC was change because of crowd numbers ;-)
Im still waiting for any proof of that Kingbull .

Back to your union forum. Off you go now.

Bye bye SFB. =;

screeny

Bench
Calixte said:
"Conclusively proven wrong" my arse. How exactly?

Go back and read my first post (which I have clarified because of the misrepresentation since by other people) and point out the errors in it.

The only issue is whether or not the source I have detailed to evidence the post is a valid one or not. Again, if you have a problem with the book, contact the author.

If there is any "error", it is there.

The problem for you guys is there is no error and the unionists here don't like it. You can't hold me accountable for that.

Ozbash, Te Kaha, and the inimmitable, the enigma, PW, this is a simple point that your obfuscation is trying to cloud:

The book, a published title, proferred by Calixte, suggests the NZRU has derailed further NZRL attempts to use Eden Park post 1988.

That the NZRL might have wanted to use the ground again given the size of the crowd is highly likely, wouldn't you agree?

As Calixte says, the author should be contacted if you're calling him a liar and his book a bunch of lies.

The funny thing is you all jump up and down at the slightest hint of union politicking against RL, as though it's out of the realms of possibility!

You refuse to admit the NZRU could have stooped so low?

(The fact it's never been used again perhaps tells us something?)

ozbash

Referee
As Calixte says, the author should be contacted if you're calling him a liar and his book a bunch of lies.

dunno about liar, his book is wrong tho, eden park is not a league ground.

the NZRFU has done some bloody stupid things in its time, as has the NZRL,NZ Associated football,NZ Cricket yada yada yada.

i cant really speak for polynesian Warrior (his nickname suggests hes a warriors fan and from what hes said i dont doubt the guy) but te kaha and i have been on the same rugby league forums for a good few years now and i know for a fact he enjoys league..

you know the really pathetic thing about caltex and screeney is i very much doubt they have the basic intelligence to enjoy ( and appreciate) both codes.
because you cant comprehend people enjoying both league and union you go on the attack and make basic twats of yourself.

ozbash

Referee
We all saw this year that everyone was quick to abandon the Kiwis, even NZ fans cause of the number of injuries, pull outs and so on that they had. Somehow even though NZ did win the tournament this year missing key players, unfortunately I can see a bit pull out again if those guys don't play.

that was more through frustration i think yak, you get sick of nrl clubs calling the shots..

screeny

Bench
ozbash said:

the NZRFU has done some bloody stupid things in its time, as has the NZRL,NZ Associated football,NZ Cricket yada yada yada.

i cant really speak for polynesian Warrior (his nickname suggests hes a warriors fan and from what hes said i dont doubt the guy) but te kaha and i have been on the same rugby league forums for a good few years now and i know for a fact he enjoys league..

you know the really pathetic thing about caltex and screeney is i very much doubt they have the basic intelligence to enjoy ( and appreciate) both codes.
because you cant comprehend people enjoying both league and union you go on the attack and make basic twats of yourself.

1. Has Eden Park ever hosted a RL match?

2. Do you admit that there's a possibility that the NZRU might - just might - have lobbied against the NZRL using Eden Park in the wake of the super successful debut match in '88, or do you insist that it's so squeaky clean it would never have resorted to such measures?

3. I never said you or Te Kaha didn't enjoy RL. I said you seem to pounce to the NZRU's defence when aspertions are cast against it.

As for me not having "the basic intelligence" to enjoy both codes.....hmmmm.....since when does somebody have to be intelligent to enjoy something?

I hate celery but like brussel sprouts, does that mean I'm more intelligent or less intelligent, professor ozbash?

Finally, no, I don't appreciate union as I think it's a pretty terrible sport, both tactically and technically, but I know this is not the place to harp on about such things and risking excommunication.

IanG

Coach
With 60K at a new Eden Park. Be benefitial for both Footy and cricket(Unless they're reconfiguring the place.

Also if they don't have a match in my home town the organisers will need to have their head read.

yakstorm

First Grade
ozbash said:

that was more through frustration i think yak, you get sick of nrl clubs calling the shots..

Oh don't get me wrong OzBash, I wasn't meaning to lay blame to people on this section of the forum, or that, your frustration was justified, and even the view, well we have been given a second grade possible Kiwi side, we shouldn't set our sight too high view was quite justified.

But until the Kiwis have a huge amount of depth in all positions, there will always be that risk of the NZ public dropping off the bandwagon, and lets face it to fill grounds like Eden Park, you need the bandwagoners.

ozbash

Referee
But until the Kiwis have a huge amount of depth in all positions, there will always be that risk of the NZ public dropping off the bandwagon, and lets face it to fill grounds like Eden Park, you need the bandwagoners.

in nz you have 3 groups, the union only fans, the league only fans and the people who like both.

you can gaurentee the league fans will turn up,,
you can gaurentee 99% of the union fans wont,,
you cant gaurentee any of the both codes fans will, depends on what else is on, how much of a hassle it would be to get to the game, live on the tv, etc etc

then you have the rest, they are the people who are not terribbly fussed about either code but want to go and support nz playing, there are probably a lot of them.

thats who the games promoters should be targetting, the rest are certain to come.

Calixte

First Grade
ozbash said:

Go back and read all of my posts and you will see, ozbash, that I made it very clear the book is about grounds where international rugby league has been played in the past. The book is not restricted solely to grounds where only rugby league is played or grounds owned by rugby league bodies or clubs.

It is you who is wrong - not the book.

As for basic intelligence, if you can't understand the above I have serious doubts about yours.