What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Trials Thread *Updates*

Clock watcher said:
But yet the roosters can find some way to put a spin on it like the eagles were at full strength and the rooster now deserve prem favouratism???

Hang on a minute. Neither Ricky Stuart nor anyone from the Roosters wrote the article that said "a strong Manly outfit". A journalist wrote the article. That's where a lot of you kids have trouble with the facts. You equate what the media write about a team, with the team itself. Like back in 2003 and 2004, the media kept referring to the Roosters as "the benchmark team". It was coming from the media. The Roosters certainly weren't calling themselves that. Yet you directed your bile at the Roosters themselves for being "arrogant" or some such nonsense.You can't blame a team for what the media chooses to write.

As for last night, the Roosters didn't "find some way to put a spin on it" because the Roosters, in fact, had nothing to do with the article in question.

effnic

Bench
eelavation said:
probably in the middle of his hit after he heard the score!!! :lol:

but seriously, Stuart should mind his own phucking business.

I doubled the dose last night lol. No i was at the game it was good to see the boys run around, i also wasnt to happy about the hour drive and the $15 entry to see a PL side play a near full strength roosters.

As for the roosters fans get ready for a great year they played awesome and on line defence was great.

As for wittyfan i feel sorry for you and your pathetic cult because Witt looked horrible playing with even some jersey flegg players in a premier league side, i cant see him making 1st grade at all with his crap performance, he might be lucky with alot of injuries. Bell was his marvellous best and Orford worked some great magic. Monas was also great to watch and HOW GOOD WAS THAT TACKLE HE MADE ON THE SIDELINE AND TOOK THAT GUY OUT WOOP WOOP GREAT STUFF.

All in all it was just good to see some footy and no injuries.

Clock watcher

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
Hang on a minute. Neither Ricky Stuart nor anyone from the Roosters wrote the article that said "a strong Manly outfit". A journalist wrote the article. That's where a lot of you kids have trouble with the facts. You equate what the media write about a team, with the team itself. Like back in 2003 and 2004, the media kept referring to the Roosters as "the benchmark team". It was coming from the media. The Roosters certainly weren't calling themselves that. Yet you directed your bile at the Roosters themselves for being "arrogant" or some such nonsense.You can't blame a team for what the media chooses to write.

As for last night, the Roosters didn't "find some way to put a spin on it" because the Roosters, in fact, had nothing to do with the article in question.
Interesting you would call me a kid?? was it something i said or did you pick up onthe wife and alcohol comments and asume taht I am a child.

I got the article of the roosters website first and and saw a similar one by a local gosford journalist, s not only is it the media but possibly some factions of the roosters organisation themselves.

AND on the Benchmark situation your memery is very dusty as it was Ricky himself who made the statement at a post game press conference. It was about his side being the Benchmark in the NRL due to thier fitness and professionalism. It was a response to a number of complaints by opposition coaches that the roosters were given extra lenienency in the speed of the defensive line and in the play the ball area. The media drove the propaganda only after Ricky Stuart started it.

Clock watcher said:
Interesting you would call me a kid?? was it something i said or did you pick up onthe wife and alcohol comments and asume taht I am a child.

I got the article of the roosters website first and and saw a similar one by a local gosford journalist, s not only is it the media but possibly some factions of the roosters organisation themselves.

The comment was so silly that I presumed you had to be a child.

So now we have a new conspiracy: the Roosters control the entire media, too!

Clock watcher

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
The comment was so silly that I presumed you had to be a child.

So now we have a new conspiracy: the Roosters control the entire media, too!

for a renowned expert, you are a few beers short of a six pack champ. I never mentioned that the roosters controled the media at all. I said that ricky stuart made the comment of bening the bench marks of the NRL and the media jumped on the band wagon. You are pretty good at making assumptions arn't you champ??
1st assuming that i am a child - 0/1
2nd assuming that i was trying to start a conspiracy - 0/2
for a self proclaimed expert you are current on ZERO.

I was originally stating that a roosters supporter was getting excited about a article that stated "strong Manly line up", I then noticed an advert for Roosters next trial that welcomed all suporters to watch their team in action after smashishing a near full strength Manly Line up, take from that what you will in the context of my original post!!

2nd post was just pointing out your horrible error in blaming the media for the Benchmark comments, when they were from Ricky himself. Gus gould then backed the statement up the next week, and the media had their fun from there. (which by the way was O.K because the roosters truely were the benchmark at that time - they deserved that tag)

The post was in no way meant to stir any trouble, just to point out that the eagles had 7 first 13 played not take part and 3 play less than 15 mins. And as I stated before the rooster were red hot and do look to be a real threat this year, but getting excited about beating a side made up of P/L and Flegg players, or using it to promote your next trial is certainly putting your own spin on a result.

So I hope we are now clear and have no harbouring grudges - ??

Clock watcher

Juniors
By the way we were hammered fair and square. No complaints, My whole original point pages back was that as fans we were disapointed not to see our stars, and Ricky was heard complining that hasler had waisted his time by fielding a sub par outfit.
Eelevation convinced me that we were better of getting through the game with no injuries.
And of course a badly worded statement by myself has led us on a merry dance to here!!

choc_soldier

Coach
Panthers team for the Eels match at Port Macquarie this Saturday night:

1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Lee Hookey, 3. Danny Galea, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Nick Youngquest, 6. Preston Campbell, 7. Craig Gower, 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Matthew Cross, 11. Tony Puletua (c), 12. Frank Pritchard, 13. Trent Waterhouse, 14. Frank Puletua, 15. Craig Stapleton, 16. Shane Rodney, 17. Luke Swain, 18. Paul Aiton, 19. Peter Wallace, 20. Michael Gordon

Tigertread

Juniors
Cowboys team v Souths
Mackay Junior League grounds
25/2/2006 7.30pm Qld Time
1 Matt Bowen 2 Neil Sweeney 3 Ty Williams 4 Paul Bowman 5 Matt Sing 6 Johnathan Thurston 7 Brett Firman 8 Matthew Scott 9 Aaron Payne 10 Mitchell Sargent 11 Luke O'Donnell 12 Jacob Lillyman 13 Travis Norton © INTERCHANGE 14 David Faiumu 15 Justin Smith 16 Gavin Cooper 17 Shane Tronc 18 Shane Muspratt

Hurriflatch

Referee
PARRAMATTA EELS v PANTHERS
@ PORT MACQUARIE
SATURDAY 25 FEB 7:00PM
1 – Wade McKinnon
2 – Luke Burt
3 – Ben Smith
4 – Timana Tahu
5 – Eric Grothe
6 – Brett Delaney
7 – Tim Smith
8 – Nathan Cayless
9 – PJ Marsh
10 – Justin Tsoulos
11 – Chad Robinson
12 – Daniel Wagon
13 – Glenn Morrison

14 – Matt Petersen
15 – Dean Widders
16 – Josh Cordoba
17 – Aaron Cannings
18 – Luke O’Dwyer
19 – Zeb Taia
20 – Marcus Perenara
21 – Peter Lewis

Jono078

Referee
NEWCASTLE v CRONULLA AT COFFS HARBOUR

7.30PM SATURDAY, 25 FEBRUARY 2006

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS NRL TRIAL SQUAD

Coach: Michael Hagan

1. Milton Thaiday
2. Anthony Quinn
3. Matt Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Brian Carney
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Craig Smith
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson
14. Andrew Johns
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Dan Tolar
17. Jesse Royal
18. Todd Lowrie
19. Reegan Tanner
20. Riley Brown
21. Dustin Cooper
22. Brad Tighe

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Jono078 said:
NEWCASTLE v CRONULLA AT COFFS HARBOUR

7.30PM SATURDAY, 25 FEBRUARY 2006

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS NRL TRIAL SQUAD

Coach: Michael Hagan

1. Milton Thaiday
2. Anthony Quinn
3. Matt Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Brian Carney
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Craig Smith
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson
14. Andrew Johns
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Dan Tolar
17. Jesse Royal
18. Todd Lowrie
19. Reegan Tanner
20. Riley Brown
21. Dustin Cooper
22. Brad Tighe

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good luck lol

Jono078

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good luck lol
Very Funny eh...

Can't wait to bring this back up after our TRIAL match.. Which we don't usually win often though, but I think this will be an easy win for us ;-).

Cletus

First Grade
Manly team vs. the Tigers, Brookvale saturday:

NRL Team: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, Chris Hicks, Michael Monaghan, Matt Orford, Jason King, Shayne Dunley, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Steve Menzies, Ben Kennedy©.
Interchange: J P Cherry, Luke Williamson, Mark Bryant, Kylie Leuluai, Phil Morwood, Paul Stephenson.

effnic

Bench
nah he knows that witt isnt there cause he is suspended so nothing to worry about just yet.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Sharks team for encounter vs Knights.

1 David SIMMONS
2 Darren ALBERT
3 Beau SCOTT
4 Phil BAILEY
5 Luke COVELL
6 Adam DYKES
7 Brett KIMMORLEY
8 Ben ROSS
9 Kevin KINGSTON