What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007-08 UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Thread

Red Bear

Referee
ahh, that was a bit better wasnt it

What other side can lose to barsnley then beat inter milan?

Guess it just shows how far ahead the english comp is of the italian
nanananana Fishing!

fish eel

Immortal
Red Bear said:
ahh, that was a bit better wasnt it

What other side can lose to barsnley then beat inter milan?

Guess it just shows how far ahead the english comp is of the italian
nanananana Fishing!

I wouldnt go that far.

You were at home, against ten men and scored twice in the last what, 5 minutes?

Red Bear

Referee
(errr, white text lol)

we dominated that game tho, probly morso when they had 11 men, torres didnt seem fit tho and our finishing was its usual priceless best

Red Bear

Referee
err, because this sort of thing has been happening for years and should be stopped. England realised the problems and have taken many measures to do their best to stop this sort of sh*t. Englands rpblems came to a head in 85 when the dickhead element of the supporters of my club (and, as is often not mentioned, hooligans from all over england) charged the juve fans in 85. England was excluded from euro competition for 5 years (rightly so) and liverpool 6. This was, however a year after the 1984 final in which roma fans had a variety of weapons in their cars for after the game and proceded to attack liverpool fans. Which of course lead to the f**king idiotic retaliation the next season. The resulting thing however is that the english have cracked down on this holliganism big time, whereas we still see events like this on the continent and, of late, in italy.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You tell me what Roma as a club are supposed to do when one person gets stabbed in the arse outside the game?

It's not the clubs responsibility. As discussed many a time here, it's a social problem, not a footballing one.

Anyway, this isn't for this thread.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Then Roma should be banned from European competitions until this "social issue" is sorted out, for the protection of opposition supporters. Just imagine if this was being done by English football supporters, they'd ban the whole country from European competitions again. UEFA are f**king weak, one stabbing is one too many, but this isn't the first time this season and still nothing will be done about it.

I also can't believe you'd just dismiss regular stabbings with a "who cares", what the hell is that? Heartless or blind, or malevolent, I can't decide which.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It's not just restricted to Rome, either. Unfair on Roma. No matter what you say, it is not the clubs responsibility so punishing them like that just isn't going to happen - for good reason.

Bumble

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
It's not just restricted to Rome, either. Unfair on Roma. No matter what you say, it is not the clubs responsibility so punishing them like that just isn't going to happen - for good reason.

I bet you were singing a different tune for the 5 years English clubs were excluded. ALL English clubs that is. Even ones not involved in any violence whatsoever.

Man ParraJay..how can I agree with you so much in football issues and yet go head to head with you so damn often regarding video games? :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gooners V. Milan was a pretty good end to end spectacle, gooners had their chance with a few seconds to go

gotta be disappointed with nil all

NK Arsenal

Juniors
We can still get through, but winning at the San Siro will be a tough task.

The Adebayor header should of went in, but unfortunately it didn't. :(

Milan's defence was very good.

Spider played well for Milan.

Other results:

Lyon 1-1 Man. Utd
Celtic 2-3 Barcelona - Henry scored a great goal, Messi played well
Fenerbahce 3-2 Sevilla

this forum is so anti-italian that anytime anyone besides hybrid or ari gold talks about italian football its just to diss them, its getting kinda old.

Now onto Barca, we were great this morning. Ronnie, Messi & Henry all played well. Milito and Marquez were bad at times especially from celtics first, that was awful defending. Celtic did very well this morning to not let in more, and i think celtics keeper was really good.

If the tie was decided on crowd noise, Celtic go through on a landslide. the noise being made during the champions league anthem was deafening, even on tv.

Latest posts