What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

Mzilikazi

Juniors
Manly Daily confirms todat that George Rose (Roosters) and Michael Robertson (Raiders) will be with Manly next year.

Should have a reasonable PL side then.

Ryan

Juniors
Here's some tips for you to amend The Eagles:

Adam Cuthbertson, Steve Matai, Paul Stephenson, Shayne Dunley have ALL recently signed 2 year contracts.

Chad Randall is off to the London Broncos.

Terry Hill has retired.

We have purchased Michael Robertson from Canberra.
We have purchased George Rose from The Roosters.

John Hopoate has been forgotten by you, and has been released.

Mark Bryant hasn't been mentioned, but has been rewarded with another contract.

I am PERSONLLY still hopeful for Lyon in 2006, but this is just my hopes.
I am now hopeful Dykes will also be Sea Eagle in 2006.

Ryan

Juniors
Michael Monaghan doesn't qaulify. He aint 1st grade standard. Add Michael Witt to that category.

Big Mick

Referee
Ryan said:
Michael Monaghan doesn't qaulify. He aint 1st grade standard. Add Michael Witt to that category.

your joking.

Monoghan is the reason your not running last anymore you ungrateful bugger.

Justo89

Juniors
Aussies1st I wonder where on the table we would be if we didnt have Monaghan...I admit that he doesnt always play great but sometime he is a match winner

Ryan

Juniors
Monaghan (Captain Calamity) is absolutely shocking in many facets of his game. One he is atroucious when it comes to the media. Two, his body language is appaulling on the field when things don't go his way. Three, has absolutely no skill whatsoever. All you'd have to do is ask Elliott from Canberra that same question. "Does this guy have 1st grade qualities?"

Esoj

Juniors
aussies1st said:
How many halves does Manly need.

dykes will be the just one more that manly are signing.
theres also the saying that theres always room for one more.
finally whats wrong with manly buying a premiership everyone else is doing it so why can't manly join the party.

Justo89

Juniors
Manly's signed 2 first grade players for next year and everyone starts sayin that their buyin the premiership..there a club on the improve and need quality players to do that..

Ryan

Juniors
Take a little browser at Parramatta's Premier League roster guys!!! For that matter add Roosters, Brisbane, St George etc etc... It's better than Manly's 1st grade Roster !!! Look, I did this on another site to prove my point, but look at it this way:-

Parramatta:-

How is THEIR cap going - espescially when you consider players running around in their reggies:-

Remember the brackets is who I think is getting paid more...

Brett Stewart ----------- Wade Mckinnon (Manly)
Paul Stephenson ------- Luke Burt (Parramatta by a long way)
Steven Bell-------------- Timana Tahu (even contest)
Ashley Alberts --------- Ben Smith (Parramatta by a long way)
Chris Hicks ------------- Eric Growthe (Parramatta)
Michael Monaghan ---- John Morris (Manly)
Matt Orford ------------- Tim Smith (Manly by a long way – for now)
Brent Kite --------------- Jason Cayless (even contest)
Luke Williamson ------- Mark Riddell (Parramatta by a long way)
Jason King -------------- Michael Vella (even contest believe it or not)
Anthony Watmough--- Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta by a long way)
Steve Menzies ---------- Glenn Morrison (Parramatta with our concessions)
Ben Kennedy ----------- Chad Robinson (Manly by a long way)

Shayne Dunley --------- P J Marsh (even contest)
Kylie Leuleuai ---------- Paul Stringer (Parramatta by a long way)
Daniel Heckenberg ----- Dean Widders (even contest)
Mark Bryant ------------- Aaron Cannings (Parramatta by a long way)

Then they have players like:

Fuifui Moimoi
Chris Muckert
Luke O’dwyer
Adam Peek
Henry Peranara
Matt Petersen
Daniel Wagon

Playing Premier League. OUR players of note are:-

Michael Witt
Steve Matai
Kane Cleal
Jim Curtis

With 1st grade experience.

WHY THE HELL IS OUR CAP BEING QUESTIONED BY ANYBODY, AND WHY AREN’T WE TYING UP MORE 1ST GRADERS??????

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Ryan said:
WHY THE HELL IS OUR CAP BEING QUESTIONED BY ANYBODY

Stewart just signed a huge extension, for good money.
Bell was paid good money to sign
Monaghan re-signed for big money
Orford signed for HUGE money
Kennedy is on a huge figure
Watmough is on big money
Menzies is on big money, concessions or not
King re-signed for big money when he became a rep player
Kite signed for big money

And you wonder why your cap is questioned? You can't have that many big money players in your team and be legit mate.

And the club still want Jamie Lyon?! :lol: :lol: I hope they sign him so they breach the cap and are stripped of their points and disgraced like the dirty 'Dogs.

A few of our players took pay cuts to sign, plus you conveniently changed our side around so we'd have higher paid players in positions (ie. Stringer to the bench, even though he hasn't played off the bench all year).

Then there is the fact that although Stringer is playing excellent footy, he signed as an injury prone South Sydney reject. Morrison wanted to get back to NSW and has broken his neck the year we signed him. Ben Smith isn't on big money, he re-signed before he came into first grade this year. I could go on but you won't take any notice.

Take a step back and actually look at your team before you accuse us of having higher paid players.

RainMan

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Stewart just signed a huge extension, for good money.
Bell was paid good money to sign
Monaghan re-signed for big money
Orford signed for HUGE money
Kennedy is on a huge figure
Watmough is on big money
Menzies is on big money, concessions or not
King re-signed for big money when he became a rep player
Kite signed for big money

And you wonder why your cap is questioned? You can't have that many big money players in your team and be legit mate.

And the club still want Jamie Lyon?! :lol: :lol: I hope they sign him so they breach the cap and are stripped of their points and disgraced like the dirty 'Dogs.

A few of our players took pay cuts to sign, plus you conveniently changed our side around so we'd have higher paid players in positions (ie. Stringer to the bench, even though he hasn't played off the bench all year).

Then there is the fact that although Stringer is playing excellent footy, he signed as an injury prone South Sydney reject. Morrison wanted to get back to NSW and has broken his neck the year we signed him. Ben Smith isn't on big money, he re-signed before he came into first grade this year. I could go on but you won't take any notice.

Take a step back and actually look at your team before you accuse us of having higher paid players.

Geez you know more about Manly's contracts than your own teams :roll: .

Kennedy and Kites contracts are not that big, their sign on fees were huge and were part of 2004's cap. King re-signed for around 180k a year. Stewart is on less than that.

Hindmarsh $400k
Tahu $300k
Riddell $300k

$1 million on 3 players, who really gives a sh*t, I know I don't.

Lyon won't be at Manly for 2006. Come 2007 it may be a different story.

Menzies, Kennedy, Heckenburg, Witt just to name a few are off contract in 2006. So Manly may have some money to throw around for 2007. If they get Lyon, good on them. I'm sure you will be screaming that Manly are over the cap and bring out your inflated figures to prove it...

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Are you serious Rain man. You must have a very short memory. Kite was signed for 380k a season. It was a major talking point at the end of last season. I take your point about parramatta but i think you may have been a little bias in some of your cap considerations. particularly Kennedy and Stewart

Hurriflatch

Referee
Ryan said:
Paul Stephenson ------- Luke Burt (Parramatta by a long way)
Ashley Alberts --------- Ben Smith (Parramatta by a long way)
Michael Monaghan ---- John Morris (Manly)

Brent Kite --------------- Jason Cayless (even contest)
Shayne Dunley --------- P J Marsh (even contest)
Kylie Leuleuai ---------- Paul Stringer (Parramatta by a long way)

WHY THE HELL IS OUR CAP BEING QUESTIONED BY ANYBODY, AND WHY AREN’T WE TYING UP MORE 1ST GRADERS??????

Burt took massive pay cuts to stay at Parra prior to his current deal he took a 50% pay cut while that would've gone up a bit with this current deal it wouldn't be back to what he was earning 3-4 years ago.

Ben Smith is on a small deal he was considered a premier league player at the start of the year and wasn't even in the Eels top 25 earners.

Monaghan is earning A LOT more then Morris based on your other "by a long way" calls

Since when did Jason come back to Parra and what happened to Nathan Cayless??

Marsh signed a smaller deal for this year due to the uncertanty about is neck, in 2006, 2007 and 2008 it will increase tho before he comes off contract again

Stringer wasn't signed for that much the Bulldogs offered him a lot more then what he signed for at Parra, but yeah he is still on more the Leuluai but I doubt it's that much more.

Petersen hasn't received a pay rise since he came to Parra 1/2 way through 2002

most of those players while they have 1st grade experience wouldn't be on that much and mainly have top grade experience due to the massive injury toll Parra has had each year since 2001