What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

robyalvaro said:
In the next 5-10 years the NRL need to slowly phase out Cronulla and Penrith.... enter CC Sharks and Western Panthers.

All the other Sydney teams bring something worthwhile to the table and have potential to grow whereas Cronulla and Penrith simply don't.

Penrith , are you a moron?!

FMD , the penrith area has a massive room to grow , and it already has the biggest junior area on the f**king planet!!!!!!

are you aware penrith last year won , jersey flegg , sg ball and also harold mathews all in the one season , the only club to have ever done this?

Do you know who the sleave sponsor of the panthers is ? its a company called Parkview, they are one of the biggest appartment builders in sydney , why do you reckon they sponsor the panthers?

seriously use you brain before you type next time.

end rant.

Azkatro said:
Parramatta's close enough. They should have merged in '99.

why? neither team is a struggling club.

they both have money, good juniors , decent stadiums , good supporter base.

it makes no sense to merge two strong teams, especially back in 99' when there werent many of them.

t-ba

Post Whore
herbert henry1908 said:
why? neither team is a struggling club.

they both have money, good juniors , decent stadiums , good supporter base.

it makes no sense to merge two strong teams, especially back in 99' when there werent many of them.

If Norths hadn't of gone Skint, Penrith would have finished 15th on the criteria.

Real Issues with some folk'll on this board. Penrith and Parramatta are further apart than Manly and Easts...But somehow Manly deserves dispensation for being a 'Northern Sydney' Side. I'm a Manly fan, and the logic of some of these expansionists just amazes me...

mxlegend99

Referee
Why the hell would supporters who want the game to grow want to get rid of a team who produces so many juniors and is one of the most financially secure clubs?

You guys are farkin crazy.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Personally id like to see Roosters relocate to Central Coast because Roosters supporters dont get to the game when they are losing. There are only a few die hards and those die hards would travel to the central coast im sure. Aswell as obviously Central Coast people getting a team and one less sydney team.

Penrith and Cronulla are fine, after one round 1 with crappy weather they should be out of the comp? Thats a bit unfair.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Id like either cronulla or roosters to relocate, and the other to be slowly phased out.

the Dragons can cover the territory left by Cronulla, and Souths can return to Aussie Stadium...

t-ba

Post Whore
Panfers vs Bullkebabs: 16,652 (smh)
The 'massive' Red V Army vs (Not So) Joeycastle: 12,340 (LU)

t-ba said:

poor crowd at kogarah, but its been like that for a while.

decent crowd at penrith , but realisically we should be looking at 20k for two sydney sides this early.

ouwet

Bench
t-ba said:

So let me get this right... St George have 10000 season ticket holders and when i said it was around 5 at each stadium i was shot down... So only 2000 other supporters turned up??? Shocking crowd especially considering it was at OKI and St George came off a win!!!!

Penrith crowd was good... Bulldog fans were there in numbers but were quiet (Pathetic performance from the team):( But well done Panthers supporters...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
That crowd is bordering on woeful. For a club that claims to be one of the most well supported, the crowds they get are sh*te.

Decent Penriff crowd.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
no.2_lukeburt said:
Id like either cronulla or roosters to relocate, and the other to be slowly phased out.

the Dragons can cover the territory left by Cronulla, and Souths can return to Aussie Stadium...

I somewhat agree. Sydney offer the league almost nothing. They should be relocated.

Cronulla? Well, I don't even notice they are there half the time.

strewth_mate

Bench
Very quiet broadcast in the Knights vs. Dragons game, couldn't really tell the crowd was there sometimes. I realise there's a difference when it's put on the tele, and there were a few chants that went up, but it made for a pretty unexciting Friday night game at times.

brendothejet

First Grade
ive just got home and let me say the ref killed that game...

his sh*tty inconsistent performance marred it for all at the ground and at home/

mattyg

Bench
I don't think the ref kept the 10m all the time, but that can't be blamed for how poorly my doggies played. We were terrible tonight, far too much dropped ball, too many gaps in the defence, and too many players *looks at Hickey* walking back to the defensive line while the panthers were hot on attack.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Kogarah, hang your heads in f**king shame. 12k in a 20k stadium for FNF between two of the best teams in the comp? :roll: PEMRIFF BEAT YOUR CROWD.

matty, brendo is talking about STG v NEWIE

mattyg

Bench
ick, just realised that, either way our ref wasn't the best either.

and 12k for Kogarah...geeez thats poor. I was expecting something like 14k for Penrith and 18k + for the Dragons. That's very poor.

16.5k at the Dogs/Panthers game was impressive. Gotta say though that at least 8,000 of them were doggies fans. That Northern Hill was a sea of blue and white.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The ref/VR probably cost us a bit early, but there were no excuses in the second half.

Oh, and DAMN RIGHT the northern hill was a sea of blue and white. We made it our home :D

McCrud

Juniors
Oh dear, 12K? First home game of the year? Poor effort in anyone's language.

It's what, a 20K-ish stadium? - it's not as though these ground are 50 or 60K, they should be filled (or close to it) every match.

To then by insulted by Ray Warren telling everybody how the Dragons were one of the most supported clubs in Australia is a joke.

No wonder they merged...

Latest posts