What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
Dodger said:
Sunday afternoon DIDNT work today :roll:

Worked for the Raiders...The Dogs demographic (late teen-twenty somethings from the Golden West) is probably more suited to night matches.

ouwet

Bench
Can anyone confirm where the Bulldogs V Storm game is being played? Is it confirmed at the Dome or Olympic Park? If it's at Olympic i would like to pre-purchase some decent seats.

ouwet

Bench
t-ba said:
Worked for the Raiders...The Dogs demographic (late teen-twenty somethings from the Golden West) is probably more suited to night matches.

Nah we can get big crowds on sunday afternoons (Dragons game last year was 33K)...
Bulldog performance V Tiger's wouldn't of encouraged a lot of people to go.
The atmosphere today was pathetic.:(

ByRd

First Grade
I was at the game today and it was so empty and the atmosphere was just not there, i wasnt expecting more then 15k but i didnt think it would go as low as 12k, was pretty dissapointing and i really hope that we dont have to sit through another game like that again, crowd wise. It was a dead atmosphere and was quiet, just proves how bad telstra is when there are less then 20k in there, we should improve but i think our nxt home game against the sharks(which is also a sunday game) wont get more then 12-14k, but ill be there as usual and hope that many others turn out also.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Dodger, is that the same fanbase that turned out to the tune of about 8K when the Dogs played games at the Showground?

I'm not usually into bagging off crowds of 12K, but when it is the crowd of a team whose supporters beat their chest at every opportunity over the size of their 'fanbase', 12K is terrible.

The facts have been revealed before in regards to your clubs fanbase and was supported today. Most people that call themselves Dogs supporters are more interested in the occasion than the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh god. Give it a rest :lol:

The crowd was woeful and it was a poor showing from our mob, I won't deny that. I was there so you can get f**ked and level your criticism elsewhere on that regard.
In saying that - worst away support I've seen for a Dogs game this year. Manly and the Tigpies both brought at least 4-5 times the amount of fans in and of course that Soufs home game spoke for itself - brilliant crowds IMO for all of them (except the 18k to last weeks FNF, a bit disappointing).

As for the rest - the Showground - I defy any team to regularly draw over 10k. Have you actually attended the Showground as an RL venue?

Either way our home crowds have been and still are one of the highest averaging in the NRL over previous seasons. Even 2005 when we were bottom half.

AND we've never gone as low as 6,000 @ Telstra.

:arrow: Next?

BWNB

First Grade
geez the dogs got a good crowd, perfect afternoon for footy and they barely got 12K

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Dodger said:
Oh god. Give it a rest :lol:

The crowd was woeful and it was a poor showing from our mob, I won't deny that. I was there so you can get f**ked and level your criticism elsewhere on that regard.
In saying that - worst away support I've seen for a Dogs game this year. Manly and the Tigpies both brought at least 4-5 times the amount of fans in and of course that Soufs home game spoke for itself - brilliant crowds IMO for all of them (except the 18k to last weeks FNF, a bit disappointing).

As for the rest - the Showground - I defy any team to regularly draw over 10k. Have you actually attended the Showground as an RL venue?

Either way our home crowds have been and still are one of the highest averaging in the NRL over previous seasons. Even 2005 when we were bottom half.

AND we've never gone as low as 6,000 @ Telstra.

:arrow: Next?

Am I criticising you in particular you f**king imbecile?

We constantly hear how great your clubs fanbase is from your supporters. Yet there we 12K at the game today. Simply, most of your fans care more about the occasion than the game. It's been that way for years and it was proven today.

As for the Showgound, I had been there a few times (whenever we played the Dogs there and went in 2003 to watch Souths in a PL semi). Terrible ground, but that shouldn't matter. If you are a fan you go and support your team. So don't give me the 'have you been to the Showground' sh*t.

You have never gone as low as 6,500 at Telstra. But you have never played at a ground 30 kilometres out of your district and lost 11 games on the trot to start a season.

Timmah

Staff member
Every team can drum up excuses. All we can do from here is hope our crowds improve and maintain the average we've managed to uphold since leaving the Showground for good last year.

McCrud

Juniors
doglyf said:
I was at the game today and it was so empty and the atmosphere was just not there, i wasnt expecting more then 15k but i didnt think it would go as low as 12k, was pretty dissapointing and i really hope that we dont have to sit through another game like that again, crowd wise. It was a dead atmosphere and was quiet, just proves how bad telstra is when there are less then 20k in there, we should improve but i think our nxt home game against the sharks(which is also a sunday game) wont get more then 12-14k, but ill be there as usual and hope that many others turn out also.

"SBW: The People's Shoulder"....and 'Monstrous Mason"...

Spotted!

Love the SBW banner TBH - always makes me chuckle.

ByRd

First Grade
Le KooK said:
"SBW: The People's Shoulder"....and 'Monstrous Mason"...

Spotted!

Love the SBW banner TBH - always makes me chuckle.
:D they are my banners, that was me holding up the Sonny Bill one :cool:

Brycey

Juniors
brendothejet said:
The same Steelers who averaged 8,792 in their last year? The same steelers that have 3 of their top 5 crowds vs St George?

When you wake up come and talk to me again.
Steelers averaged 9248 in their last year, and it couldn't have come at better timing too. The aftermath of a bitter SL war and the Steelers managed to outdraw both the GC franchise and the Bulldogs, 2 of the best crowd pullers in the game today.

Lets not forget most of the local products come from the Gong.

Timmah

Staff member
CURRENT ROUND
Round 8 - May 4-7
Broncos/Rabbitohs SUNCORP 27,387
Dragons/Panthers OKI JUB 9,057
Warriors/Sharks MT SMART 13,587
Tigers/Storm GOSFORD 19,111
Eels/Roosters PARRA 13,021
Raiders/Eagles CANBERRA 14,387
Bulldogs/Knights TELSTRA 12,654
Titans/Cowboys CARRARA 17,806

8 matches: TOTAL 127,010 / AVERAGE 15,876

R8 2006 (7 matches): TOTAL: 109,180 / Per Match Average: 15,597

R8 2005 (7 matches): TOTAL: 127,743 / Per Match Average: 18,249

After R8, the 2007 totals:
2007 Season Total: 1,109,438
2007 Season Avg: 17,894

nqboy

First Grade
Bit of a mystery why so many crowds were down this round. There were some good games on offer.

Latest posts