What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

bobmar28

Bench
9057 for the Dragons. Maybe they should hand over the franchise to the Steelers. Any team that regularly gets less than 10,000 should consider relocation.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 8 - May 4-7
Broncos/Rabbitohs SUNCORP 27,387
Dragons/Panthers OKI JUB 9,057

Total: 36,444; Average: 18,222.

As for the rest:
Warriors v Cronulla 12k
Tigers v Storm 18k
Eels v Roosters 9-10k
Raiders v Manly 14k
Bulldogs v Knights 16k
Titans v Cowboys 18k

Only ones I think I might've overestimated are Canberra and Canterbury

brendothejet

First Grade
bobmar28 said:
9057 for the Dragons. Maybe they should hand over the franchise to the Steelers. Any team that regularly gets less than 10,000 should consider relocation.

They have had a horrible start to the season, players out left right and centre, sh*tty weather for a couple of games.

Saints bolster the crowds of every other sydney team because we travel in good numbers and we do wonders for Brisbane and Titans.

Stick your relocation up your clacker.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last night was one of the more beautiful nights in terms of weather. Saints fans turned out AND made noise which was awesome, but Penrith really didn't travel, as I said earlier - a small core made it out there for the Panthers, and who can blame them... both teams in poor form.

I think we should be grateful it's growing less and less likely for us to ever see crowds as low as 6 and 7k ever again. Or at least I hope so.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
brendothejet said:
exactly dodger.

Last night was beautiful weather and saints fans fired up.

Thank christ saints did too...

So 9k is a good crowd now...... ??

Pathetic, on a nice night against a sydney based team, not live on TV, Saints fans are a joke

brendothejet

First Grade
Cumberland Throw said:
So 9k is a good crowd now...... ??

Pathetic, on a nice night against a sydney based team, not live on TV, Saints fans are a joke

Yeah right o genius.

I didn't say it was a good crowd, merely that the ones who came made a good bit of noise.

There would've been 100 panthers fans tops.

Canterbury, Cronulla, Wests, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Souths and the Roosters can all point towards Saints away fans for their biggest crowds.

St George have fans everywhere and once we string a few wins together the 50/50s will start coming again.

phonetic

Juniors
It was a crap crowd. But who cares, we won!! Wooot.

Like any club, if we can win a few the fans will come back. Saints fans arn't a joke, they just don't like being insulted by crap football.

nqboy

First Grade
brendothejet said:
They have had a horrible start to the season, players out left right and centre, sh*tty weather for a couple of games.

Saints bolster the crowds of every other sydney team because we travel in good numbers and we do wonders for Brisbane and Titans.

Stick your relocation up your clacker.
Yes they bolster other clubs figures. Relocation won't affect that. And cast...

brendothejet

First Grade
Okay ther about a billion reasons as to why a rellocation of St Geo Ill will never 'relocate' so if you are to dumb to see even one of these there isnt really much point.

t-ba

Post Whore
brendothejet said:
What are you gonna do if we don't, burn it down?

:lol:

Zing. I'm also of the opinion that Parra Fans are hardly ones to talk about fans abandoning a team when the going gets tough...

Brycey

Juniors
brendothejet said:
Okay ther about a billion reasons as to why a rellocation of St Geo Ill will never 'relocate' so if you are to dumb to see even one of these there isnt really much point.
Will never or shouldn't?

I can think of a few reasons why they should, since you're the expert here with a billion reasons why don't you offer me 10 plausible ones.

ozzie

Bench
Moffo said:
saints fans are turncoats, as bad as the rooters
hmm turncoats - crowd average of 16,000+ home crowds and we are coming last - what's your excuse?

the family club is falling apart as well? Soon the war will begin and they will be shooting themselves just like the MAFIA did - the family club no longer exists

ByRd

First Grade
you can thank souths fans for the size of your crowd figure, it will reveal its true self throughout the year ;)