What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

phonetic

Juniors
Guys, it's not all doom and gloom.

Personally I think we're going pretty well. We might struggle to set the world on fire next weekend with the figures, but we're in a pretty decent state at the moment.

There should be good showings at Brookvale, Dairy Farmers and Telstra (Tigers/Dragons) next week (that's just off the top of my head). I think Newcastle are at home too.

If we can stay in the 17k's for the year, it's a positive thing in my opinion.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
R9:

Sharks v Broncos @ Toyota 14,000
Manly v Parramatta @ Brookie 20,000
Knights v Warriors @ EnAus 17,800
Rabbitohs v Raiders @ Telstra 11,000
Cowboys v Panthers @ D F S 17,000
Roosters v Titans @ Aussie 9,000
Tigers v Dragons @ Telstra 21,000
Storm v Bulldogs @ Olympic 13,000 - could be anything though.

Total 122,800, Avg 15,350. Worse than this week potentially.

Coaster

Bench
Crowds were down this week, beecuase we are missing a NQLD home game.

Also great effort Titans fans nearly 18000 in pouring rain.

What happened to parramatta ? Sounded like a cemetary, the only time i hear your crowd, is when they are booing off there own team at half time. Pity this week they didnt get to do that.

phonetic

Juniors
I hate Parra, but have to give credit to their fans when they are playing another Sydney side at home.

They draw more crowd penalties out of the ref than ANY other side. Dead set it is ridiculous.

Timmah

Staff member
Missing an NQLD home game?

Like the last two, which both drew short of 19k?

Coaster

Bench
Dodger said:
Missing an NQLD home game?

Like the last two, which both drew short of 19k?

By missing a NQLD game your missing out on a massive slice of the pie.

This weekend we only had 3 games in sydney, drew a total of 33k over all three games.

The game needs a 19k in NQLD to boost the poor numbers coming from Sydney.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: You're an idiot. Suggesting North Queensland are solely propping up the crowd figures is ludicrous, especially given their last two showings.

Coaster

Bench
Dodger said:
:lol: You're an idiot. Suggesting North Queensland are solely propping up the crowd figures is ludicrous, especially given their last two showings.
I Must be an Idiot, becuase that to me is complete dribble.

In the whole of Sydney this weekend, you managed to get 33000 people off butts to watch football. With 5 Sydney teams playing in the area.

NQLD can produce 19000 with only the one team, you do the sums.

Add another 30000 for Brisbane, another 18k for GC, another 15k for canberra, and another 13k for Warriors, and another 18k for CC fans, who is letting the team down here???

Is it us supporters of the game, or you traditionalists who wont except the change

Timmah

Staff member
I'm sorry? 19,000? Where were they all the last two weeks? That's the third straight post you've ignored the facts - your team has now drawn well under 18k and then under 19k two weeks running. Given last year it was almost consistently well and truly above that mark, the fans up that end must be letting things down.

Even more ludicrous is "it's missing a NQLD game" - let's just give the Cowboys 24 home games shall we? :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
And you'll note nowhere have I denied Sydney crowds have been relatively crap this weekend ;-)

Coaster

Bench
Dodger said:
I'm sorry? 19,000? Where were they all the last two weeks? That's the third straight post you've ignored the facts - your team has now drawn well under 18k and then under 19k two weeks running.

For starters im a Titans supporter, but above all im a Rugby league supporter, which gets me to this:
Even more ludicrous is "it's missing a NQLD game" - let's just give the Cowboys 24 home games shall we?

This is the problem!! Let go of this comp, and let it become the National Rugby league.

You so called supporters of RL in Sydney are killing it, by starving people from the CC and other parts a chance to be part of this comp.

There are areas out there screaming for a team, but you dopes wont let go of your so called tradition, and are strangling the game to prove a point. 3 Teams playing out of Telstra, and none of you have the balls to move to Gosford, becuase it would add 15min to travell time.

Dont come here and complain about crowds, when you are the evil that seperates this code from being a NRL.

Timmah

Staff member
:|

I AM FROM THE CENTRAL COAST YOU MORON! I want to see more games here - and I back that up whenever possible - I was there on Saturday!

Your point above was to chest-beat about Queensland. Do you not understand if QLD got saturated in RL like NSW has been with the 9-odd teams we have within an hour or two of the city. Within a few years the novelty will wear off and the crowds will thin out.

Having said that - you've showed how much of a clue you have about Sydney - Gosford 15 minutes away? Do you think we all own private planes or choppers? :lol:

Oh, you still haven't denied that you're suggesting NQ should have 24 home matches.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
phonetic said:
I hate Parra, but have to give credit to their fans when they are playing another Sydney side at home.

They draw more crowd penalties out of the ref than ANY other side. Dead set it is ridiculous.

All that from a St George Illwarra supporter:lol:

What is ridiculous is that Penrith coped a swarm of penalties for head high tackles:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
curious said:
Crowds were down this week, beecuase we are missing a NQLD home game.

Also great effort Titans fans nearly 18000 in pouring rain.

What happened to parramatta ? Sounded like a cemetary, the only time i hear your crowd, is when they are booing off there own team at half time. Pity this week they didnt get to do that.

What a stupid suggestion.

I'll admit against the Roosters we were very quiet in the second half, that was due to a combination of errors, no tries & Roosters playing better, but to suggest in general we're quiet is just stupidity. The amount of games over the years we have won because of the tremendous vocal home support is just amazing.

Timmah

Staff member
What about Rhys Wesser laying all around the play the ball in defence and then milking penalties by crawling under the defenders whilst he was in attack?

Coaster

Bench
Dodger said:
:|

I AM FROM THE CENTRAL COAST YOU MORON! I want to see more games here - and I back that up whenever possible - I was there on Saturday!

Your point above was to chest-beat about Queensland. Do you not understand if QLD got saturated in RL like NSW has been with the 9-odd teams we have within an hour or two of the city. Within a few years the novelty will wear off and the crowds will thin out.

Having said that - you've showed how much of a clue you have about Sydney - Gosford 15 minutes away? Do you think we all own private planes or choppers? :lol:

Oh, you still haven't denied that you're suggesting NQ should have 24 home matches.

What i said was that Gosford is an extra 15min than Telstra is for a team based in the City of Sydney.

And how does QLD saturate themselves when i didnt even mention another team in QLD.??

BTW1. Why would i want NQLD to have 24 Home matches? Im a Titans supporter, But crowd support drops when 1 of the queensland teams dont have a home game, or do you doubt that?

BTW2. If your one of the CC fans, i applude you. Becuase i would have snuck into that city beyond the bridge and set fire to it by now.

Coaster

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
What a stupid suggestion.

I'll admit against the Roosters we were very quiet in the second half, that was due to a combination of errors, no tries & Roosters playing better, but to suggest in general we're quiet is just stupidity. The amount of games over the years we have won because of the tremendous vocal home support is just amazing.

That was a personal joke

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Dodger said:
What about Rhys Wesser laying all around the play the ball in defence and then milking penalties by crawling under the defenders whilst he was in attack?

How many Penrith players were suspended because of those high hits out of curiosity?

Cooper's try was just as dodgy as Rooney's try, and as for Rangi's try? well nice little flea flicker that:lol:

Latest posts